Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rich Franklin: ‘Another fight with Anderson wouldn’t be that interesting for fans’

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

“Realistically, another fight with Anderson wouldn’t be that interesting for fans. But (fighting) is how I make money. Whenever I’m at the end of my rope and I take a week away from the gym, I’m anxious to get back. I’m just a competitor.”

Perhaps the fourth-best fighter at 185 pounds in the world, Rich Franklin, admits that a third fight with UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva is not that attractive. That’s because “The Spider” is kryptonite when it comes to “Ace” — two fights, two lopsided losses and two broken noses. Franklin recently inked a six-fight deal, meaning he has a lot ahead of him. If he and Silva roll in their next few bouts, will that make a third fight between the two any more interesting, maniacs? My Spidey-sense says no, which makes this a potential conundrum for Franklin and the UFC.

LINK

to me this is his way of officially announcing that He is Now the Middleweight Gate keeper.

way too talented to be a gatekeeper. he beats everyone in the division save for Hendo and Silva. maybe he even beats Hendo...who knows but i would love to see that fight. stylistically it would be exciting. Rich is a very talented fighter and will always sit around the top of the division but as long as Silva is Champ he won't ever win a title fight. just a bad match up for him and its kind of like Rampage and Chuck only worse.

Post #16   3/11/08 12:11:13AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Aaronno9
...whereas rich can pretty much beat anybody at mw bar one fighter....

i disagree, i think

Lawler
Akiyama
Misaki
Lindland
Filho
Henderson
&
Marquardt

would all beat rich, decisively

Oh man come on Franklin is at the least ranked 3rd at 185. Putting Lawler, Akiyama, Marquardt, and Misaki above him is crazy. I don't think some of the guys you listed can even beat Okami more less Franklin. Last fight I watched Filho in he looked weak and was getting man handled by a guy thats not a very strong fighter. If that was Franklin it would have even been worse. The cut is just to much for Filho at thats why his next fight will be his last at MW. The only 2 fighters I really see beating Franklin is Henderson and Anderson. Man I'm not even a Franklin fan but to say some of those guys can beat him is just absurd.

Last edited 3/11/08 1:55AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   3/11/08 1:54:57AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well let's see....first I hardly ever take offense....I'm in the military and we are pretty harsh to each other and all so I got thick skin so no sweat there. But on to the whys of who you have in disagreement....
Pellegrino...mainly a ground fighter Losses to Fickett and Stevenson who recently got owned.
Leben...limited ground game losses to Starnes and Macdonald (both ground guys)
Mir....ground guy with shady hands at best....Losses to Marcio Cruz and Brandon Vera
Gouveia...mainly a striker most well rounded of all I mentioned IMO...but losses to Jardine and Rory Singer!!! That last one is inecusable to me!!
So I know I didn't convince you but most of these guys are pretty one dimensional and I don't ever seeing them holding a title and if they are in contention I think they will suffer a tough loss just like Leben and Batman. Peace!!!!

P.S. This is a response to STYLES.

Last edited 3/14/08 5:04PM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #18   3/14/08 3:18:50PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
Dear Richie Rich Franklin The Turtle,

Thanks tips.

xoxoxo Nasty

Post #19   3/14/08 3:24:03PM   

sinister_16

Banned

Career:36-34
Chips:
i already know who would win that Anderson silva hand raised at the end of first round

Post #20   4/10/08 9:17:00AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2