Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cro Cop UFC or Pride?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Khon_Nan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:50-40
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
This thread is not at all about who you prefer. I personally like both.

Don't know if this subject has been up before, as you can see im new here :P

And Cro Cop is 1 of my favourites. Any1 know the history about why cro cop left pride for ufc? Cos im a little confused. When he entered in UFC 67, i waited to hear some croation song, but what went into my ears? The Pride theme. So is that a tribute to PRIDE, or is it his way of saying 'Hello UFC, im gonna take ur belt, and then im gonna go back to pride where i belong'

Or is it just because he like that song??

Last edited 2/19/07 10:04PM server time by Khon_Nan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/19/07 9:57:41PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
He left because th UFC offered him a better contract.

He came out to the PRIDE theme because he wanted to show respect to his former organization, and it made him feel comfortable.

Post #2   2/19/07 10:03:44PM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
Zvonimir has it right

Post #3   2/19/07 10:17:04PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
He answers it here. It's a swirch to go from human to fighter for him.

This interview is from theT-nation bodybuilding think tank right before UFC 67, and he answers why .It's what he's used to like a pitcher's superstion's. I'll paste the relevant part here and also the address
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=E4CA4AC1F2CFF1872FD97C9E78095042.hydra?id=1428458

"It is less than one month until you enter the Octagon. What are your thought?
Mirko:"Hmmm...you know the other day while at a friend's house I heard the Pride music they use from a video they were watching. At that moment I felt very sad. I was surprised at myself. When I made the decision to go to the UFC, I thought that there would be no regrets. That beat (dandandadan) I thought, I won't be able to hear it for some time. They play that music backstage at Pride. For me it acted as a switch. Usually when they call on me to get ready I can see and hear the crowd, they call my name and wave. I wave back. My worries disappear. The nervousness I feel until that point disappears. I can focus. That music acted as a switch for me. From now on I will have to find news ways of doing things. You know I still have not been an Octagon(laughing). I do not know how the cage feels to the touch. On January 31st I have work to do at Parliament. I get to Vegas on the 1st. I take my physical for the NSAC. Then it it is showtime. One thing, the time difference is not as great between Croatia and America as it is between Japan and Croatia(laughing). When I enter the Octagon, I wonder what I will feel. Thinking back I was booed first fighting in Pride, fighting for K-1. When I enter the Octagon I will have to decide the path of my life with just my hands."

As for leaving the UFC ,he answers that in part one of the interview.I'll paste it here
Mirko: "I will be the UFC champion in three matches."

That's great but would the UFC's president Dana White let you have a title match within three fights?

Mirko:" Actually he(Dana White) was going to match me up with Tim Sylvia. I guess Tim ran away(laughing). Right now I am very hungry. I want to fight every 2 and a half to three months. I want to have the belt by the summer and have a fight in the fall, then fight in Japan on New Years."
In Japan?

Mirko:" Yes. Pride and the UFC are rival organizations, but I think I can bring them together. You will have Pride's Champion Fedor and UFC champion and Pride Open weight Champion me. This is my real hope."

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/19/07 10:25:52PM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
sounds like a plan to me. good post hip

Post #5   2/19/07 10:56:04PM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,726-1,049
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Mirko:" Yes. Pride and the UFC are rival organizations, but I think I can bring them together. You will have Pride's Champion Fedor and UFC champion and Pride Open weight Champion me. This is my real hope."

That would be awesome!

Post #6   2/19/07 11:17:49PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
Thanks a bundle for that interview with Crocop, much appreciated.

Post #7   2/19/07 11:34:14PM   

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by hippysmacker

That would be awesome!

That would be a thing of beauty...

Post #8   2/20/07 11:25:10AM   

Khon_Nan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:50-40
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Thx alot for the info Hippy

Post #9   2/20/07 12:39:58PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
cool....so ...what will CroCop do when he beats Fedor come new years?

will he hold 2 belts?

Post #10   2/20/07 12:48:15PM   

DirtySouthBoss

MMA Regular

DirtySouthBoss Avatar

Career:18-21
Chips:

Posted by BabbyHughes

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by hippysmacker

That would be awesome!

That would be a thing of beauty...

I dont know if I can handle the thought of them maybe fighting again with both being champs. Its going to take far too long. would probably be the most anticipated fight of all time.

Post #11   2/20/07 1:20:54PM   

shocktek

Learning to Sprawl

shocktek Avatar

Career:195-120
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

will he hold 2 belts?

Im not to sure what fedor will do with two belts. It willbe a good fight and a monumental point in mma history.

Post #12   2/20/07 1:26:56PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by shocktek

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

will he hold 2 belts?

Im not to sure what fedor will do with two belts. It willbe a good fight and a monumental point in mma history.

you're right....CroCop will prolly let him hold them for a while.....he is a good guy after all

Post #13   2/20/07 1:30:10PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Khon_Nan

This thread is not at all about who you prefer. I personally like both.

Don't know if this subject has been up before, as you can see im new here :P

And Cro Cop is 1 of my favourites. Any1 know the history about why cro cop left pride for ufc? Cos im a little confused. When he entered in UFC 67, i waited to hear some croation song, but what went into my ears? The Pride theme. So is that a tribute to PRIDE, or is it his way of saying 'Hello UFC, im gonna take ur belt, and then im gonna go back to pride where i belong'

Or is it just because he like that song??

well sakikabara sent crocop on a secret mission to the ufc (crocop is spec ops in croatia) to eliminate the heavyweight division and return to PRIDE with the belt. this in fact will bring more fans to pride. The entrance song was a message from cc to sakikaraba saying all is well, and he has made leaps and bounds to speed up the proccess of returning to fight fedor.

Post #14   2/20/07 2:25:22PM   

seeger1

Learning to Sprawl

seeger1 Avatar

Career:40-29
Camp: Demolition Den
Chips:
I like Mirko,but i hope the UFC ain't a walk in the park for him.And i think Tim (Mr hated) sylvia or Arlovski (The artist formally known as George Micheal) might upset Cro Cop.Anyone i have talked to,thinks it is going to be a walk in the park for him.I'm hoping it's not.

Post #15   2/20/07 6:32:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2