Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell - I want to fight Fedor!

Print  
I like polls;).. Who for the win?
Fedor 77 67%
Chuck 38 33%
  Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
This is the kind of talk that makes me hate Chuck.

Chuck only knockouts grapplers!!!!

He couldn't KO Wandy. The only strikers he's fought in a long long time. Look at his last 4 or 5 KO victims. Horn(grappler), Randy 2x(grappler), Babalu(grappler), Tito(grappler). He can't KO anybody with decent striking and Fedor hung in there with Cro Cop who is one of the best K-1 strikers of all time. Cro Cop is ten times the striker Liddell will ever be so how could Fedor not be able to kill Liddell on the feet? Liddell is all power on the feet, no technique whatsoever.

SIZE DISADVANTAGE!!!

Fedor's going to have at the least 20 pounds on him. Liddell is all power so he won't be faster then Fedor, especially since he's going to be gaining weight.

It's a bad match up for Liddell. Fedor will KO him on the feet or get him to the ground in a seemingly impossible way like he always doe and submit him.

Post #46   3/8/08 7:14:53PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:796-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Allister overeem may beg to differ with you on that

Also, fedor normally weighs in at around 230 (i think) and id imagine when chuck actually fights hes probably weighing about 215-220, so he could would most likley weigh in at around 225-235 at HW. Hes 2 inches taller aswell, so i dont think hes facing a huge size disadvantage against fedor.

Last edited 3/8/08 7:24PM server time by aaronno9
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #47   3/8/08 7:21:10PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
I might just change my pick to Rashad so if he does beat Liddell I can laugh at all these people especially if freakin Rashad beats him on the feet if he follows his training partner Jardines method to beat him.

Post #48   3/8/08 7:21:48PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Allister overeem may beg to differ with you on that

How long ago was that? 3-4 years AGO??? And that was the last striker he ever beat by KO and Allistair was beating him too with those kicks until he gassed out. Liddell can't defend a kick for shit which is why he fails against strikers minus Wandy who forgot how to kick in that fight.

Hopefully Rashad goes Rashad on Sean Salmon on his ass.

Post #49   3/8/08 7:25:03PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:
Its funny that you bring up how long ago it was on a thread where your on fedors side

seriously though, theres always an excuse. Wandy didnt use kicks, overeem gassed..... no matter who he beats theres always going to be another reason besides the fact he is, wether you like it or not, a good fighter. The fact he was taking alot of punishment of allister, then came back to knock him out, shows alot of heart to me, not that he was lucky.

Last edited 3/8/08 7:37PM server time by aaronno9

Post #50   3/8/08 7:37:10PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by jakeiceman

Another thing....why does everyone talk about how great Fedor handled Cro-Crop??? What has Cro-crop proved??? I love how Liddell suffers a flash knockout and has a shitty fight against Jardine and everyone says he sucks....yet Cro Crop gets absolutely raped by nobodies in the UFC...BUT HE WAS SOOOOO AWESOME and he was such a test for Fedor.. And thats the truth, he was a huge test for Fedor....Come on the only person CC could beat in the UFC was Eddie Sanchez.... And I like Cro Crop I really do. It just goes to show you that Fedor really has not faced the competition you all want to think he has.

Cro Cop has proven he's a top level K-1 kickboxer, Chuck has not. Cro Cop has proven he can beat UFC HW champions, he's proven he can avoid being taken down by olympic wrestlers, he's proven he could put Wand away, chuck has not, he's proven so many things in his career, that statement just shows that you know nothing about him outside of what he's done in the UFC. Lidell suffered a flash KO to a guy who litterally beat him down for like 12 minuets straight, he has also been KO'd or knocked down in his last three fights, he's beaten up on grapplers with decent stand up at best, he was beaten up badly by Randy the first time, he has power but not much else in the way of stand up.

I can totally tell that you wrote the book on MMA so forgive my lack of intelligence...but when has Cro-Cop proven that he can beat UFC HW champions????? When seriously???? Oh and I agree....Rampage laid a whoopin on Chuck about 4 years ago.....coincidentally isnt that the last time Fedor or Cro-Crop did anything worth noting of....

Post #51   3/8/08 7:42:16PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
He's all power, I think he is a good fight because he wouldn't have been LHW champ if he wasn't but I hate how people like you overrate him as like the greatest striker of all time when he's proven to get his but kicked by pure strikers all the time minus Wandy.

If Wandy kicked i do believe there would have been a different outcome by I don't care. I loved that fight, it was the greatest fight of all time IMHO. Just hate how everybody overrates him. Yeah he's good but treat him like an MMA god. Then you guys get on Pride for NO REASON. If the UFC guys went from a cage to the ring it would be the same damn thing, Pride kicking there asses. But these Pride guys go into a cage when there already use to great success in the ring and then they have these ignorant stupid redneck fans in the crowd booing them because there not american while in Pride they didn't even boo Chuck when he was doing the "Ufc invasion of Pride".

It's a completely different environment and you UFC nuthhuggers are just to blind to see it.

Post #52   3/8/08 7:45:01PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by cmill21

Posted by jakeiceman

Another thing....why does everyone talk about how great Fedor handled Cro-Crop??? What has Cro-crop proved??? I love how Liddell suffers a flash knockout and has a shitty fight against Jardine and everyone says he sucks....yet Cro Crop gets absolutely raped by nobodies in the UFC...BUT HE WAS SOOOOO AWESOME and he was such a test for Fedor.. And thats the truth, he was a huge test for Fedor....Come on the only person CC could beat in the UFC was Eddie Sanchez.... And I like Cro Crop I really do. It just goes to show you that Fedor really has not faced the competition you all want to think he has.

Cro Cop has proven he's a top level K-1 kickboxer, Chuck has not. Cro Cop has proven he can beat UFC HW champions, he's proven he can avoid being taken down by olympic wrestlers, he's proven he could put Wand away, chuck has not, he's proven so many things in his career, that statement just shows that you know nothing about him outside of what he's done in the UFC. Lidell suffered a flash KO to a guy who litterally beat him down for like 12 minuets straight, he has also been KO'd or knocked down in his last three fights, he's beaten up on grapplers with decent stand up at best, he was beaten up badly by Randy the first time, he has power but not much else in the way of stand up.

I can totally tell that you wrote the book on MMA so forgive my lack of intelligence...but when has Cro-Cop proven that he can beat UFC HW champions????? When seriously???? Oh and I agree....Rampage laid a whoopin on Chuck about 4 years ago.....coincidentally isnt that the last time Fedor or Cro-Crop did anything worth noting of....

DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENT!!!

UFC= Stupid redneck ignorant fans who boo for no reason whatsoever. Also it's a cage so there's 10 things you can do in the ring that you can't in a cage.

PRIDE= Calm fans who don't boo at all and they fight in a ring where you can do a lot fo stuff you can't do in a cage.

I'm pretty sure CMillz can and probably already has named all the UFC guys who came over to Pride and failed. LIDDELL BEING ONE OF THEM!!! He ko'd Metzger and that's a UFC fighter to so that don't count for much. Overeem was beating him but Liddell showed heart I'll give him that. But Rampage just completely dominated him.

Post #53   3/8/08 7:48:34PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:
For starts, i dont think chuck is a "god" of mma. I dont have him ranked at the top of my pound for pound or light heavy weight rankings. Both of these rankings are actually taken by guys considered as "pride fighters". I also dont think hes the greatest striker of all time, but i do think hes adapted a style that works really well for him, and while it might not be technically sound, it works. I just hate it when guys talk shit about him for no reason. Hes proven time and time again hes a top fighter, but theres always sombody wanting to put him down for some reason. And as long as people are tallking shit about him, ill defend him.

Im not a nutthugger of any kind, i love all mma, and i rarley go on a thread just to talk shit or say bad things about a fighter. Im not trying to attack you personally about the whole chuck either incase you think i am, its just a subject that generally pisses me off.

Last edited 3/8/08 7:52PM server time by aaronno9

Post #54   3/8/08 7:50:43PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

How long ago was that? 3-4 years AGO??? And that was the last striker he ever beat by KO and Allistair was beating him too with those kicks until he gassed out. Liddell can't defend a kick for shit which is why he fails against strikers minus Wandy who forgot how to kick in that fight.

Hopefully Rashad goes Rashad on Sean Salmon on his ass.

And how long has it been since Fedor faced a decent fighter(in his weightclass)? Almost 3 years ago when he fought CroCop.

At least Liddell is facing Wandys, and Randys, and Rampages. While Fedor is fighting Hong Man Chois, and over the hill one dimensional wrestlers, and MW's.

My Point Being, at least Chuck is fighting top fighters, while the whole time being criticised by many, because he is not a technical striker, and doesn't use his wrestling much, and so on. And on the other side, Fedor keeps taking ridiculous matches with unranked HW's and everyone is ok with it.

I am not a Chuck nuthugger or a Fedor hater. Both of these men are great fighters, and should not have their talents questioned by only singling out a few of their fights, but by looking at their careers in a whole.

Both men are exciting to watch, and both are champs in my book.

Post #55   3/8/08 7:52:01PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

For starts, i dont think chuck is a "god" of mma. I dont have him ranked at the top of my pound for pound or light heavy weight rankings. Both of these rankings are actually taken by guys considered as "pride fighters". I just hate it when guys talk shit about him for no reason. Hes proven time and time again hes a top fighter, but theres always sombody wanting to put him down for some reason. And as long as people are tallking shit about him, ill defend him.

Im not a nutthugger of any kind, i love all mma, and i rarley go on a thread just to talk shit or say bad things about a fighter. Im not trying to attack you personally about the whole chuck either incase you think i am, its just a subject that generally pisses me off.

Me too, just some of these guys have no idea what the heck they are talking about.
If Pride sucks or has failed then why are 3 guys holding FC titles that have fought in Pride before they fought in the UFC?(Anderson, Nog, Rampage)

Different environments in a UFC and Pride arena. Numerous UFC guys have failed in Pride which a lot of these UFC nuthuggers don't realize. Just a stupid topic that gets escalated by ignorant and/or uneducated people.

Last edited 3/8/08 7:54PM server time by Natedawgtham

Post #56   3/8/08 7:54:14PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He couldn't KO Wandy. The only strikers he's fought in a long long time. Look at his last 4 or 5 KO victims. Horn(grappler), Randy 2x(grappler), Babalu(grappler), Tito(grappler). He can't KO anybody with decent striking and Fedor hung in there with Cro Cop who is one of the best K-1 strikers of all time. Cro Cop is ten times the striker Liddell will ever be so how could Fedor not be able to kill Liddell on the feet? Liddell is all power on the feet, no technique whatsoever.

SIZE DISADVANTAGE!!!

Fedor's going to have at the least 20 pounds on him. Liddell is all power so he won't be faster then Fedor, especially since he's going to be gaining weight.

It's a bad match up for Liddell. Fedor will KO him on the feet or get him to the ground in a seemingly impossible way like he always doe and submit him.

Yeah he was not able to knock out wand but he beat the shit out of him...Silva was rocked the whole fight...I hate Wand but give the guy some credit for his chin maybe?? And for years, YEARS, YEARS, all the pride purple rainbow lovers said Silva would kill Liddell.....wait ooops I guess that didnt happen.

Post #57   3/8/08 8:00:52PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM
Just a stupid topic that gets escalated by ignorant and/or uneducated people.

I agree with you 100%. I try to never bash fighters (except Josh Haynes) I love all Pride, UFC, EXC, IFL, Strikeforce, WEC, and all other orgs and Fighters. MMa in general. It is a common action of mine, if I see someone being ripped on, I defend them, I cant help it.

P.S. Except Josh Haynes, I just dont like the guy.

Post #58   3/8/08 8:01:17PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Chips:
I agree I'm not on here to talk a bunch of crap either...but show me one Liddell thread that over half of it isnt a bunch of shit talking about how he sucks. Just like you said, I'm just defending him as well...

Post #59   3/8/08 8:07:50PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Aaronno9

For starts, i dont think chuck is a "god" of mma. I dont have him ranked at the top of my pound for pound or light heavy weight rankings. Both of these rankings are actually taken by guys considered as "pride fighters". I just hate it when guys talk shit about him for no reason. Hes proven time and time again hes a top fighter, but theres always sombody wanting to put him down for some reason. And as long as people are tallking shit about him, ill defend him.

Me too, just some of these guys have no idea what the heck they are talking about.
If Pride sucks or has failed then why are 3 guys holding FC titles that have fought in Pride before they fought in the UFC?(Anderson, Nog, Rampage)

Different environments in a UFC and Pride arena. Numerous UFC guys have failed in Pride which a lot of these UFC nuthuggers don't realize. Just a stupid topic that gets escalated by ignorant and/or uneducated people.

Ha ha you are officially just a Chuck hater...you list your favorite fighter as Thiago Silva.....but you have a picture of Rampage after his win over Liddell.....you got a crush on old rampage big boy? Or do you just go out of your way to talk crap on Liddell?

Last edited 3/8/08 8:14PM server time by jakeiceman

Post #60   3/8/08 8:14:23PM   

Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6