Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell - I want to fight Fedor!

Print  
I like polls;).. Who for the win?
Fedor 77 67%
Chuck 38 33%
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Has everybody gone INSANE? Fedor hasn't fought anybody Liddell's level in FOUR years. Don't bring up Cro Cop because Cro Cop sucked ass in the UFC. His "legendary" sprawl didn't help him against Gonzaga who's not even a wrestler! Even Kongo managed to take Cro Cop down!! And PLEASE don't bring up MARK HUNT. He's a kickboxer with a shitty MMA record who ALMOST SUBMITTED Fedor.

Unlike 99% of people here I actually practiced Sambo for a while, and Sambo = Judo plus leglocks minus chokes. Sambo takedowns are all Judo takedowns. If Liddell could defend takedowns FROM CLINCH against an Olympic level Greco-Roman, he will be able to defend Sambo take-downs.

Fedor hasn't faced anybody Liddell's level since he fought Big Nog because Pride was a big carnival. They didn't want to test their champions and that's why they went under.

Post #31   3/8/08 9:18:48AM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Has everybody gone INSANE? Fedor hasn't fought anybody Liddell's level in FOUR years. Don't bring up Cro Cop because Cro Cop sucked ass in the UFC. His "legendary" sprawl didn't help him against Gonzaga who's not even a wrestler! Even Kongo managed to take Cro Cop down!! And PLEASE don't bring up MARK HUNT. He's a kickboxer with a shitty MMA record who ALMOST SUBMITTED Fedor.

Unlike 99% of people here I actually practiced Sambo for a while, and Sambo = Judo plus leglocks minus chokes. Sambo takedowns are all Judo takedowns. If Liddell could defend takedowns FROM CLINCH against an Olympic level Greco-Roman, he will be able to defend Sambo take-downs.

Fedor hasn't faced anybody Liddell's level since he fought Big Nog because Pride was a big carnival. They didn't want to test their champions and that's why they went under.

didn't want to test their champions??? thats why they had dream matchups that we only get to see once in a while in the ufc, it happened their all the time, EX: Cro Cop vs Wand, it wasnt for the belt but they let them fight in the open weight grand prix, which you would have to fight more then one opponent in the same night to win i call that testing champions, along with testing the elite fighters

Post #32   3/8/08 10:04:17AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:993-595
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I would have to agree totally. Chuck would be a really bad matchup for Fedor. There's no way Fedor gets Chuck down on the ground where he'd want the fight to be. Chuck would pick him apart on his feet. Very bad matchup for Fedor.

Post #33   3/8/08 10:30:30AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by whardin19

I would have to agree totally. Chuck would be a really bad matchup for Fedor. There's no way Fedor gets Chuck down on the ground where he'd want the fight to be. Chuck would pick him apart on his feet. Very bad matchup for Fedor.

Rampage got Chuck to the ground. This is a rediculous thread, I honestly can't believe how many people are giving chuck the advantage lol, before Chuck beat Wand, everyone was off the bandwagon and talking about retirement, now he can beat Fedor. Fedor was rocked against Cro Cop, who yeah hits way harder then chuck and he's by far, FAR, the better striker, and Fedor still knew that as soon as he comes in you clinch and take it to the ground, it's just burnt into him. As for Cro Cop's sprawl not working against GG, it's kind of hard to sprawl when your leg gets caught lol, so that was a stupid comparison. Fedor would get it to the ground, he got Cro Cop to the ground(who no one could get to the ground at the time). Chuck should be focusing on not getting his ass kicked by unranked fighters at 205.

Post #34   3/8/08 11:54:32AM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
liddell is just playing stupit,, who the hell he thinks is he to say "i want to fight this guy" and apparently start calling fights... look where you are... you suck at this point.

Post #35   3/8/08 12:17:40PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by whardin19

Rampage got Chuck to the ground. This is a rediculous thread, I honestly can't believe how many people are giving chuck the advantage lol, before Chuck beat Wand, everyone was off the bandwagon and talking about retirement, now he can beat Fedor. Fedor was rocked against Cro Cop, who yeah hits way harder then chuck and he's by far, FAR, the better striker, and Fedor still knew that as soon as he comes in you clinch and take it to the ground, it's just burnt into him. As for Cro Cop's sprawl not working against GG, it's kind of hard to sprawl when your leg gets caught lol, so that was a stupid comparison. Fedor would get it to the ground, he got Cro Cop to the ground(who no one could get to the ground at the time). Chuck should be focusing on not getting his ass kicked by unranked fighters at 205.

I think its funny that people in this thread keep saying that liddell should be focused on rashad and not looking past him, when... that fight was just signed ONE WEEK AGO!!! this interview was probably taken just days after liddell heard shogun was out, give the guy a break. if you look at this from an unbiased "fedor rules all and i wish pride was back" point-of-view, you can actually see that this is a good matchup style-wise for liddell.

Post #36   3/8/08 2:19:40PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gladiator

I think its funny that people in this thread keep saying that liddell should be focused on rashad and not looking past him, when... that fight was just signed ONE WEEK AGO!!! this interview was probably taken just days after liddell heard shogun was out, give the guy a break. if you look at this from an unbiased "fedor rules all and i wish pride was back" point-of-view, you can actually see that this is a good matchup style-wise for liddell.

Ok so tell me why it's a good match up for chuck? Fedor has fought much better strikers then chuck and he's fought a bigger and much better striker in Cro Cop who is tough as hell to take down, so why is it a good match up? lol

Post #37   3/8/08 2:38:14PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Gladiator

Ok so tell me why it's a good match up for chuck? Fedor has fought much better strikers then chuck and he's fought a bigger and much better striker in Cro Cop who is tough as hell to take down, so why is it a good match up? lol

Both Gonzaga and even Kongo took Cro Cop down at will.

Post #38   3/8/08 3:17:13PM   

Shawn17

MMA Regular

Shawn17 Avatar

Career:733-483
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Fedor would win because thats what he does.

Post #39   3/8/08 3:43:31PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Chuck is a bad match for Fedor. In recent years only one person was able to hold Chuck down and keep him there for GnP and that's Randy Couture (Olympic level Greco-Roman). And Randy was able to do it once, and could not repeat it again. It may come down to whoever's stand-up is better, and Chuck might win this thing.

Bad matchup for Fedor

so true

Post #40   3/8/08 3:47:29PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
This would be a great matchup. I would never count Liddell out of this fight given his history against fighters Similar to Fedor. That being more of a ground fighter. And yes I know Fedor is well rounded and has good standup, but you get my point.

Ask Randy, Babalu, Tito, White, Horn, and others if Liddell has power.

We just saw a style reversal in the Liddell/Silva fight. Silva is the one that usually presses forward, and Liddell is the counterpuncher. In their fight they were doing the exact opposite.

I'll pick Liddell by UD. But I believe this is a 50/50 fight. Could go either way.

Post #41   3/8/08 5:19:07PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by wolfgarnaud

liddell is just playing stupit,, who the hell he thinks is he to say "i want to fight this guy" and apparently start calling fights... look where you are... you suck at this point.

Yeah geez the guy totally sucks....just beat the shit out of everyones precious Silva...but he sucks.....god why does he still try?? Nice comment man...I'm sure you have the perfect perspective to judge.

Post #42   3/8/08 5:21:49PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
Another thing....why does everyone talk about how great Fedor handled Cro-Crop??? What has Cro-crop proved??? I love how Liddell suffers a flash knockout and has a shitty fight against Jardine and everyone says he sucks....yet Cro Crop gets absolutely raped by nobodies in the UFC...BUT HE WAS SOOOOO AWESOME and he was such a test for Fedor.. And thats the truth, he was a huge test for Fedor....Come on the only person CC could beat in the UFC was Eddie Sanchez.... And I like Cro Crop I really do. It just goes to show you that Fedor really has not faced the competition you all want to think he has.

Post #43   3/8/08 5:27:02PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Another thing....why does everyone talk about how great Fedor handled Cro-Crop??? What has Cro-crop proved??? I love how Liddell suffers a flash knockout and has a shitty fight against Jardine and everyone says he sucks....yet Cro Crop gets absolutely raped by nobodies in the UFC...BUT HE WAS SOOOOO AWESOME and he was such a test for Fedor.. And thats the truth, he was a huge test for Fedor....Come on the only person CC could beat in the UFC was Eddie Sanchez.... And I like Cro Crop I really do. It just goes to show you that Fedor really has not faced the competition you all want to think he has.

Cro Cop has proven he's a top level K-1 kickboxer, Chuck has not. Cro Cop has proven he can beat UFC HW champions, he's proven he can avoid being taken down by olympic wrestlers, he's proven he could put Wand away, chuck has not, he's proven so many things in his career, that statement just shows that you know nothing about him outside of what he's done in the UFC. Lidell suffered a flash KO to a guy who litterally beat him down for like 12 minuets straight, he has also been KO'd or knocked down in his last three fights, he's beaten up on grapplers with decent stand up at best, he was beaten up badly by Randy the first time, he has power but not much else in the way of stand up.

Post #44   3/8/08 7:03:59PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:780-456
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Cmill, no offence, but when it comes to a topic about chuck liddell you should just post somthing along these lines

1. i dont like chuck
2. chucks striking sucks
3. chuck would get beat off any striker
4. I love pride

Then just leave it be. We get that you dont like him, and you think almost anybody can beat him, but do you really need to put him down every single day?

On the topic of the thread though, ON PAPER, this is a good match for chuck, but i think fedors striking is pretty underrated, and hed beable frustrate chuck and catch him, then get takedowns. At the same time though, i dont care if youve got a henderson esq chin, if chuck hits you flush, your probably going down. If i had to bet, id say fedor, but i still give chuck a chance, as i would no matter who he was fighting.

Last edited 3/8/08 7:19PM server time by aaronno9
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #45   3/8/08 7:13:04PM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6