Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Liddell - I want to fight Fedor!

Print  
I like polls;).. Who for the win?
Fedor 77 67%
Chuck 38 33%
  Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I'm drunk and I'm not processing English too good ad I don't want to write much but......

c'mon Chuck, stay out of drugs, Fedor would "play" with you, focus on Rashad ok? good boy here's a treat C=3.....
I JUardine beat you ... HA!...... Fedor would use you as his..... dunno, but you don't have a chance.

Is this the UFC starting to spread pepper out of the "Fedor = Free Agent" news?
maybe.... I dunno, but this article is a joke.

Post #16   3/8/08 1:29:42AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Chuck would Expose Fedor.....

or you could say it would take less than a year for the UFC to produce back to back Fedor loses

Post #17   3/8/08 1:52:49AM   

JoyDivision

Learning to Sprawl

JoyDivision Avatar

Career:496-276
Chips:
Hmm...I think Chuck needs to lay off the drugs!

Post #18   3/8/08 2:35:50AM   

Near07

MMA Regular

Near07 Avatar

Career:1,962-1,447
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
I'm sure its just Dana telling Chuck to talk crap about Fedor and call him out. They tried with Randy but they know he isn't coming back to the ufc, so Dana's hoping Fedor takes the bait lol That way Dana tries to prove his point that he can put together the best fights without Couture.. Dana would love to rub it in Coutures face that he got Fedor to fight Chuck but not Randy.
Hopefully the Spider moves up and schools chuck, and Randy get his fight with Fedor in the ufc or elsewhere

Post #19   3/8/08 3:00:03AM   

LoSt

Learning to Sprawl

LoSt Avatar

Career:348-186
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
anyone thinking chuck could beat fedor is absolutely delusional, chuck is barely treading water at 205 right now what buisness does he have talking about moving up to heavyweight to fight the best fighter in the world? Fedor is so much faster then chuck its not even funny, he'd absolutely pick chuck apart on the feet and would likely take him down without a ton of trouble.

If chuck were 5 years younger maybe this would be a different fight but hes pushing 40 and fedor is still in his prime, speed is one of the first things to go with age and chuck couldnt catch up with jardine who lis like lumbering bear compared to fedor.

Not to mention the fact that if the fight hit the ground at any time for any reason lidell would probably be armbarred within a minute.

Post #20   3/8/08 3:09:07AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
chuck would win IMO...I have been saying this for years.

Its just a perfect matchup for Chuck...exactly how he explains it is how I called it a year ago on these forums..

Post #21   3/8/08 3:24:32AM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
wapptn is right. Chuck should not be looking past Rashad Evans right now.

Chuck needs to stop sippin on the sizurp.

Post #22   3/8/08 3:27:21AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It not actually a bad style match-up for fedor at all.

Fedor doesnt shoot. He takes you down from the clinch. This negates Liddells sprawl entirely.
The problem that arises now is can fedor clinch with him without getting clipped? Yes. He went toe to toe with Cro-cop in his prime and got the better of the exchanges. Liddell does not hit as hard as cro-cop did at top performance, nor does he have adequate stand-up defense.

Fedor is the fastest heavyweight puncher out there imo. he moves quick and puts mega torque behind his punches, i could easily see him catching chuck with a 1,2 and putting him down. Thats how most of his takedowns occur, the opponent crumbles after some good shots.

Also a factor people are not considering, Fedor is going to have 15-20 pounds on him, at LEAST.

Couture took liddell down while at 205, Fedor at 240 is going to be able to manhandle him in the clinch... which imo he is the best in mma.

So either liddell is going to come in as the much smaller, and slower man and get thrown around, or liddell is going to bulk up, lose even more speed, and get bullied in the stand-up.

Look at how jardine picked him apart... he used fast effective striking and kept him missing, Fedor is fast as hell and one of the smartest gameplanners in existence.

Also look at the way liddell is discrediting him... if he honestly thinks what he said then he will come in nowhere near prepared to fight a fighter with a style like fedor.
He doesnt have a great shot? He doesnt shoot to begin with...

Liddell deserves anti-props for those asinine statements.

Last edited 3/8/08 4:02AM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   3/8/08 4:00:32AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Chips:
Some people shouldnt just say Chuck must be on drugs. The fact is Chuck has knocked out a lot of people that everyone said couldn't be knocked out. To quote many people he has knocked out the whos who of MMA. I wouldn't be shocked if he knocked out Fedor. Fedor is human just like everyone else if he gets hit hard enough on the chin he will go to sleep. I don't really think Fedor could get Chuck down on the ground. Now Fedor has good hands so he maybe be able to stand with Chuck but in the end I think the fight would end up just like Chuck and Randy did the past 2 times and thats with Fedor out cold on the matt.

On Pookie's post - Randy's main wrestling is Greco-Roman. Those that know Greco-Roman is not a shoot in type of wrestling it more deals with the clinch than anything. Thats how Randy got put to sleep twice was trying to get in and clinch. He wasn't shooting for a take down at all. Tito is more of a Freestyle wrestler that is which mainly focus on shooting in for take downs. Not that Greco-Roman wrestler cant shoot in it just more focused on the clinch. Greco-Roman, Judo and Sambo (there are many forums of Sambo but all there roots come from Judo and Greco-Roman) are all very heavily related to one other, as all 3 deal with take downs in the clinch. We have seen how wrestlers fair with Chuck so I don't think a fight with Fedor would be much different. The problem is Fedor still has to tie up with Chuck and thats the problem that no one has been able to figure out in a long time. In a Ring where he can corner Chuck yes he would win in the cage not so much.

Last edited 3/8/08 4:52AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #24   3/8/08 4:31:41AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Some people shouldnt just say Chuck must be on drugs. The fact is Chuck has knocked out a lot of people that everyone said couldn't be knocked out. To quote many people he has knocked out the whos who of MMA. I wouldn't be shocked if he knocked out Fedor. Fedor is human just like everyone else if he gets hit hard enough on the chin he will go to sleep. I don't really think Fedor could get Chuck down on the ground. Now Fedor has good hands so he maybe be able to stand with Chuck but in the end I think the fight would end up just like Chuck and Randy did the past 2 times and thats with Fedor out cold on the matt.

On Pookie's post - Randy's main wrestling is Greco-Roman. Those that know Greco-Roman is not a shoot in type of wrestling it more deals with the clinch than anything. Thats how Randy got put to sleep twice was trying to get in and clinch. He wasn't shooting for a take down at all. Tito is more of a Freestyle wrestler that is which mainly focus on shooting in for take downs. Not that Greco-Roman wrestler cant shoot in it just more focused on the clinch. Greco-Roman, Judo and Sambo (there are many forums of Sambo but all there roots come from Judo and Greco-Roman) are all very heavily related to one other, as all 3 deal with take downs in the clinch. We have seen how wrestlers fair with Chuck so I don't think a fight with Fedor would be much different. The problem is Fedor still has to tie up with Chuck and thats the problem that no one has been able to figure out in a long time. In a Ring where he can corner Chuck yes he would win in the cage not so much.

]

but the thing with the randy fight is randy was at 205 with chuck.

Chuck moving up in weight to fight fedor is a different scenario.
Fedor will be much stronger than anyone chuck has ever faced before.
I do also think that fedor has much better footwork than couture and is capable of getting close very easily.

Post #25   3/8/08 5:19:31AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
IMO Chuck could ko Fedor. Fedor could also sub Chuck, but as everyone knows the problem is getting chuck down. Yes, chuck has an impeccable sprawl that makes it hard for him to be brought down, but everyone says Chuck is getting older and wont have as good a sprawl. It seems though with every fight Chuck has, his sprawl seems to be the same or better each fight with Randy takedowns came less and less and his last fight with tito his spawl looked good as well. For the people that say Fedor clinches to get his take downs which works well for most opponents. I see it being a problem getting a hold of Chuck for the clinch though, because well all know that Chuck is as solid as a counter-puncher that there is out there. With Chucks counter punching he likes to throw hard shots while back pedaling ala Babalu2 and he can back pedal pretty quick and launch them shots. I see that happening with Fedor trying to come in for the clinch. Now I do not doubt Fedor's quick hands or power, awesome submissions and all around versatility for a heavyweight, but I think with Chuck your gonna have to lay him out with a quick hard shot (Rampage) or chop him down with leg kicks (Jardine) to cut down his movement and take some off his punches. I just don't think Fedor would be able to cut him down with leg kicks and Chuck wont drop to the ground to keep from getting hit, he is gonna have to be put there with a big shot. I persoanlly see Cro Cop having a field day with Chuck more so then Fedor. Cro Cop is taylor made to beat Chuck he can kick hella hard for days and can lay you out with the hands. Just my opinion

Post #26   3/8/08 6:01:26AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Crocop = Good standup fighter with a great sprawl and great counter punching = Chuck Liddell.

How did Fedor dog out Crocop? He relentlessly attacked. RELENTLESS. Fedor does not gas. He kept coming at Crocop no matter how many hits he took, and how many of his takedowns got stuffed. Always moving forward, constantly moving forward. Constantly. Constantly.

Fedor's mindset about the game is 100x superior to Chuck's. I like Chuck Liddell, but I bet against him 100/100 times in this fight. Chuck couldn't KO wandy, and he couldn't KO Jardine.

Really the only advantage I give Chuck is the cage. I still think Fedor pushes the pace on Chuck like he's never had it pushed on him before, and he gasses out. Not to mention the amount of shots Fedor will land on the feet against Chuck. Chuck has very dangerous KO power in his hands, but his defense has always lacked greatly except in the footwork department. Fedor will put those child bearing hips to work and drive a power shot through that weak defense and follow it up by dragging Chuck to the ground. Over, and over, and over, and over again.

Post #27   3/8/08 6:15:50AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
This isn't the first time Chuck has said this.

I think he needs to focus on the Rashad fight,then actualy move up in weight before he even starts calling heavy weights out.I hightly doubt Fedor is going to move down in weight,so either Chuck needs to gain some weight,or fight in Japan were he could fight under weight.(I've herd his walk around weight is about 215-230)

Had this fight happened 3-5 years ago I actualy would have gave Liddell more of a chance of winning.However,in light of watching his last 3 fights it seems as if he's lost some of that vicious KO power we are so acustomed to seeing.People keep saying he'll nock Rashad out,but at this point i'm very sceptical.I might be wrong.Maybe he'll come out and knock Rashad out,but i'm not jumping the gun.Also add to the fact Liddell is quiet a bit older than Fedor (7-8 year difference).Not a huge leap in age,but it could be enough to put a theory on why Chuck "MIGHT" have lost some of his knockout power.

I predict if Liddell moves up in weight we would see a more sloppy striker,who has less of a gas tank.Staying at light-heavy weight puts him at an obvious 30lbs disadvantage.

I think Chuck has a chance to win,and I believe cutting Fedor open would be his key to victory.

My prediction:We see a repeat of Rampage/Liddell 1,only this time the fight going 3 rounds for a decision in favor of Fedor.Fedor keeps the pace and is able to secure a win.Liddell is able to use the cage (if they fought in one) to his advantage though, and spoils several take down attempts in the process.Fedor shows respect for Liddells striking and tries to use the jab in his favor,but Liddell's reach advantage makes it difficult.Liddell opens a small cut on Fedor.

Round 2

The action is slow.Liddell tries to use his reach to his advantage but is fearful Fedor might take him down.Fedor attempts to set up a few combinations but fails to connect.Fedor starts throwing thigh kicks.

Round 3

Fedor comes out and this time works thigh kicks.After being caught with three kicks from the Russian,Liddell moves foward and takes the iniative throwing a combination.He moves Fedor up against the fence.Fedor manages to block most the strikes but gets caught with a stiff upper cut.He then grabs Liddell by the waste and takes him down to the very center of the octagon.He works a brutaly aggresive series of strikes to the face of Liddell who attempts to work his way out of the bottom posistion.Fedor continues to throw and it looks as if he just might throw a submission on Liddell if the fight continues like this.Liddell continues to work,but he can't get Fedor off of him

The fight goes to a decision.A majority to Fedor.

That's the way I see it anyway.Outcome is subject to change.LOL.

Post #28   3/8/08 8:29:02AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
its not a great matchup for fedor but he still wins handily. he doesnt really on his shot for takedowns so the fact that he doesnt have a great shot really doesnt matter that much. he clinches and gets the takedown. liddel is very hard to takedown but he is especially hard for wrestlers to take him down with a shot because his sprawl is so good. the guys who have managed to put him on his back have done it a lot from the clinch and imo fedor;s judo/sambo background would allow him to do so.

Post #29   3/8/08 8:42:49AM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
Ive seen Fedor take some of the biggest punches from some of the biggest hitters in MMA. Still hasnt been KO. Ferdors greatness isnt in his standup or his ground game or even his GnP. Its his transitions and gameplans. Thats waht really sets Fedor apart from the rest. the last time Chuck faces a guy that had a great game plan and used transitions well was Randy in the first fight and Chuck lost. After that it been said Randy had a bad time with some personal shit lost twice. Clears that up comes back and takes the HW title with the classic gameplans he used in the first fight. Another thing Fedor has over Randy is his freaky ape like reach in his arms. He doesnt have to get in as close to trade with Chuck like Randy did. Fedor is also a very unorthodox striker like Chuck. I could be wrong but has Chucked faced a guy like that before. Hes had wrestlers and BJJ guys and traditional strikers. Has he fared well against a guy that gives Chuck some of his own medicine.

Post #30   3/8/08 8:58:44AM   

Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>