Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Liddell - I want to fight Fedor!

Print  
I like polls;).. Who for the win?
Fedor 77 67%
Chuck 38 33%
  Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
In an exclusive interview with SunSport, ‘The Iceman’ claims Fedor does not live up to his billing as the world’s greatest fighter.

Liddell said: “Fedor’s someone I want to fight because he’s someone I match up well with.

“He’s a ground and pound guy that doesn’t have a great shot. He doesn’t have a great game plan.

“I think I could take him. I think I match up well with him.

“As far as I know he’s never knocked anyone out from his feet and I think he’d have a hard time taking me down.”

And The Iceman admitted a move up to the heavyweight division could happen once he has achieved his goals at light heavyweight.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/7/08 11:11:40PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Chuck is a bad match for Fedor. In recent years only one person was able to hold Chuck down and keep him there for GnP and that's Randy Couture (Olympic level Greco-Roman). And Randy was able to do it once, and could not repeat it again. It may come down to whoever's stand-up is better, and Chuck might win this thing.

Bad matchup for Fedor

Post #2   3/7/08 11:18:47PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
ok Randy (Olympic Greco - Roman Wrestler), Fedor (5x World Combat Sambo Champion) what makes you think Fedor can't hold Liddell down? AND also Liddell looking past Rashad are we???

Post #3   3/7/08 11:45:48PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
I think Fedor would beat Liddell standing or on the ground. In my opinion he is one of the best transition fighters ever. This fight probably won't happen for a long time though, assuming Fedor signs with the UFC.

Post #4   3/7/08 11:51:43PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
An you thought Kobe Bryant on that white girl was rape...Imagine this fight as good as Fedor is.

Last edited 3/8/08 12:09AM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   3/8/08 12:08:24AM   

coldchillin

In Full Mount

coldchillin Avatar

Career:533-287
Chips:
The Iceman must be smokin' something or take too many xanny's this day to think he would stand a chance with Fedor... if he thinks Rampage has some power, imagine if Fedor connected. Liddell would get it worse than Gary Goodridge did. Liddell would get his ass kicked by his brother Aleksander.

Couture, Liddell and Dana White should ask the current UFC heavyweight champion if Fedor is all "hype".

Last edited 3/8/08 12:15AM server time by coldchillin
2 total post edits

Post #6   3/8/08 12:11:06AM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
fedor would take him down in the clinch and the fight would then be over with. fedor would tap him out in the 1st round.

Post #7   3/8/08 12:13:20AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
haha looking past rashad... its a bad idea to look past anybody in this fight game.. but seriously... any wrestler who depends on his takedowns to beat his opponent is a can for liddel. Why do you think they're feeding him rashad? Rashad needs a reality check, and needs to learn that he can only go so far against a guy who can sprawl. Liddel.. he gets a highlight KO against a respectable opponent and could somewhat justifiably be in title contention after this fight.

as for liddel fighting fedor.. liddel is gonna be better on his feet no doubt... fedor is amazing, but as for versatility and standup skills, liddel is better. Fedor's takedowns are good and effective.. but are they good enough to take down liddel? only one way to find out, but if tito and couture struggle doing it.. makes you wonder.

and cummon.. world sambo tournament? two things about that. First of all, that competition is a joke, most of the fighters dont even show up to their matches. Second of all, from my understanding, sambo and jiujitsu are cut from the same cloth, meaning that they are a martial arts of positioning and submissions. Wrestling is the sport of takedowns and ground control. Two very different disciplines. Just because they're both on the ground doesnt make them the same

Post #8   3/8/08 12:24:17AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think Chuck could take a win here.

He has good sprawl and the fight would be in a cage (has Fedor ever fought in a cage?) and let's face it, Liddel's a bit better than Hong Man Choi.......

Post #9   3/8/08 12:41:20AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
If Chuck and Randy both lost to Fedor, I would still say Fedor is the P4p greatest. Hes like the Dallas Cowboys now, he is caleld the best like cowboys were called 'Americas team" and now everyone wants to kick his ass lol.

Im sure its nice thought to have the best fighters willing to go to your weight class and promotion to fight you. That shows a lot.

Post #10   3/8/08 12:54:08AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Chuck definitely would have a solid chance as he is right; he is a stylistically bad matchup for Fedor.

But if Fedor did get it to the ground and put Chuck on his back, I think a Kimura would be elementary with 1+ minute left in the round

Post #11   3/8/08 12:56:46AM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
poor poor Iceman getting a big head again

you know I think all this dogging Fedor is getting to him and this Chuck thing might help get Fedor into the UFC

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #12   3/8/08 12:59:28AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I don't really like all the "Chuck wants to fight" threads right now lol, he's fighting Rashad. Fedor is tough, he's smart, he hits like a freight train, and Sambo is an amazing martial art. I don't get it, the guy gets smashed by Rampage x2, loses to Jardine and he's still calling out HW's while he should be preparing for a fight....

Post #13   3/8/08 1:01:29AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Chuck is about 230 or so probably at heavyweight and has no power in his physique. That being said I think the Chuckman could Knock fedor on his ass for 3 or 5 rounds- depending. Fedor will not come close to a takedown.

Chuckman by decision.

If Liddell is starting to catch up to his age I feel he will beat the holy hell out of Fedor then be dead standing and get knocked out after being taken down. If that's how it goes Fedor in 3 KO/TKO

Brilliant matchup.

Keep in mind Chuck hasn't thrown a kick in at least half a decade. That leaves boxing ability as the only resource.

Last edited 3/8/08 1:03AM server time by seanfu

Post #14   3/8/08 1:02:20AM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
if anyone can remember this is what happened last timeright before he was about to fight Rampage , Liddell was talking and said " After he beats Rampage, he wants Wanderlei, Cro Cop, and then to finish it all off he'll ko Fedor" and what happened Rampage Ko's him, i know it's Rashad but this just has bad news for the Iceman written all over it

Post #15   3/8/08 1:18:05AM   

Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>