Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Popularity of Mixed Martial Arts Is Benefiting Wrestling, as Well

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Midway through this wrestling season, Bowie High School sophomore Brandon Tipton won his first match of the year and the second of his career

Washington Post Link (Going Mainsream Baby)

Last edited 3/7/08 1:46PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/7/08 1:32:45PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
There's no doubt that wrestlers have an advantage over other beginners in MMA. If a random Joe and a high school or college wrestler sign up for BJJ or mma classes on the same day (both not knowing anything), the wrestler is gonna know his way around the mat and seem a lot more comfortable than the other guy. I wish I had wrestled in high school.

Post #2   3/7/08 1:53:38PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I wish I had wrestled in high school.

That's the phrase i keep repeating to myself every time i step onto the mat

Post #3   3/7/08 2:57:05PM