Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anybody seen the movie "Chopper'?

Print  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't know how popular the film was around the world, but it wasn't very publicized in the US to my knowledge...

A buddy had me watch it a few years ago, and I've been hooked ever since...

If you haven't seen it, definitley worth watching.... Eric Bana plays a crazy F'n Ausie who... Well you just got to check it out...

If you have seen it, whadidyathink??

Post #1   2/19/07 5:38:01PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
yeah its amazing

he's got some right one liners

Post #2   2/19/07 5:40:44PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xchickox

yeah its amazing

he's got some right one liners

he sure does...

"Yes, Beethoven had his critics too... name 3 of them..."

"well, I've never been so bloody insulted in my life... I'm trying to confess to a fu*king murder here..."

"It's a bit early in the morning for Kung Fu, isn't it Jimmy" After Jim stabs him...

"Why would I shoot a man, BANG, and then go and wizz him off to the hospital at 100 miles an hour... What do I look like? Mark Brandon 'Medicare' Reed? It defeats the entire purpose of having shot him in the first place, and beyond that it's bloody insulting..."

Post #3   2/23/07 4:21:51PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I seen it a year or two ago. That dude was a bad ass. Isn't it based on a true story?

Post #4   2/23/07 9:01:58PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

I seen it a year or two ago. That dude was a bad ass. Isn't it based on a true story?

Yep, Chopper has many books, think he is on about the 5th now, once you have read one you have read them all really. Nothing special whatsoever, shocking yes, good, no.

The film is pretty damn good, there is a great feature on the DVD extras where Bana meets Reid himself, great stuff.

Bana is incredible in the film, he really is, a proper performance and he caught exactly how I imagined Chopper to be. A couple of decent scenes in the film also that make it a must see imo.

Not one to watch with the miss's.

Post #5   2/23/07 9:44:01PM   

johnafirth

MMA Regular

johnafirth Avatar

Career:891-553
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Chopper's a great film.

"Jimmy, if you keep stabbing me, you're going to kill me."

Post #6   2/24/07 11:49:03AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nate22

Posted by gspfan

Yep, Chopper has many books, think he is on about the 5th now, once you have read one you have read them all really. Nothing special whatsoever, shocking yes, good, no.

The film is pretty damn good, there is a great feature on the DVD extras where Bana meets Reid himself, great stuff.

Bana is incredible in the film, he really is, a proper performance and he caught exactly how I imagined Chopper to be. A couple of decent scenes in the film also that make it a must see imo.

Not one to watch with the miss's.

Definitley, it was amazing to see when Bana met Reed, and how close he got the accent and manerisms...

Agreed, not one to watch with the old lady...

I think he says it best regarding his "best-sellers" -

"Yeah, I know - and I can't even bloody spell.

What about those poor bloody academics, those college graduates, battling their guts out to write some airy-fairy piece of exaggerated artwork?

And here's a bloke, sitting in a cell, who can't spell, and he's written a best-seller. It's sold two hundred and fifty thousand copies. And it's still selling. And he's writing another one. And I can't even spell. I'm semi-bloody-illiterate."

Sorry about the long quote but that's classic Chopper

Post #7   2/24/07 1:37:03PM