Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy's chances ??

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Hey people, Randy vs Silvia. Cotoure is favourite despite not fighting for nearly a year, I believe he's still capable of a good fight with tim but other than a submission, am i right in thinking tim will eventually get the k.o ?? any thoughts ??

Post #1   2/19/07 5:01:51PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Is Couture really the favorite???

Post #2   2/19/07 5:03:49PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,817-1,114
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I haven't seen anywhere that Randy is a favorite. I don't think anyone is going to count him out but most people seem to agree that Tim will probably win either by KO or decision.

Post #3   2/19/07 5:06:17PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Randy will always be my favorite fighter, but I only give him a 20% in this fight. I agree that submission is the most likely way he could win, but he has never shown a lot of willingness to go for subs. On inside the UFC he surprised me by saying Sylvia might be open for the sub. I hope that's not just rhetoric and he really plans to go for one.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/19/07 5:08:13PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
where have you got it from that randy is favourite??

i'm not convinced he's favourite but i do think he is gonna do it, just think he's gonna wear down big tim for 3 rounds and in the fourth the ref's either gonna stop it due to tim not fighting back against the ground and pound or randy is gonna submit him

Post #5   2/19/07 5:08:29PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
according to fight poll on fight card on ufc website the percentage is about 70% randy 30 % silvia.

Post #6   2/19/07 5:09:26PM   

unchillphil

MMA Regular

unchillphil Avatar

Career:2,278-1,250
Chips:

Posted by xchickox

where have you got it from that randy is favourite??

i'm not convinced he's favourite but i do think he is gonna do it, just think he's gonna wear down big tim for 3 rounds and in the fourth the ref's either gonna stop it due to tim not fighting back against the ground and pound or randy is gonna submit him

Tim Sylvia will win this fight easily. You guys are buying too much into UFC hype. I like Randy Couture as much as anyone else, but let's be realistic.

Post #7   2/19/07 5:10:45PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
on paper it stands out to me that silvia will get a k.o, probebly within 3 rounds. But theres just something about randy, he studdies fighters like no other and that gives me a slight indication that he might, just might pull it off. he must be going into this fight knowing of the ways in which he could win. Submission or ground and pound tko. I think submission is the aim.

Post #8   2/19/07 5:14:27PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Chips:
I really think submission is Randy's best chance particularly a leglock with Tim's big legs he just leaves out there. Normally it's pretty dangerous position wise to go for one but with Tim if he's given a choice to jump into your guard or stand the fight back up which do you think he'd prefer? So the position danger is negated.

Post #9   2/19/07 5:14:37PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
I get the feeling that randy knows how to beat this guy. thats why he's gone back upto heavyweight. When he shot down to light heavyweight he knew how to beat chuck and tito, with ease as it was, and he became champ. Its highly possible, from studdying tim that he again knows how to beat the champ and reign once again. Silvia shout be holding all the nerves, he's got the k.o and thats it, if cotour has trained to stay away from tims hands for 5 rounds, he will win.

Post #10   2/19/07 5:20:35PM   

unchillphil

MMA Regular

unchillphil Avatar

Career:2,278-1,250
Chips:

Posted by JoeMimic

I really think submission is Randy's best chance particularly a leglock with Tim's big legs he just leaves out there. Normally it's pretty dangerous position wise to go for one but with Tim if he's given a choice to jump into your guard or stand the fight back up which do you think he'd prefer? So the position danger is negated.

When the time comes, will you put your money where your mouth is? I'm willing to back Sylvia with every single one of my fake dollars!

Post #11   2/19/07 5:24:14PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by JoeMimic

That's a really good point about the leglocks, he did get tapped by Arlovski with a heel hook. I know Sylvia has improved om the ground since then, but a leg-lock would be nice. Good point about positioning as well.

Last edited 2/19/07 5:26PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   2/19/07 5:25:20PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Chips:

Posted by unchillphil

Posted by JoeMimic

When the time comes, will you put your money where your mouth is? I'm willing to back Sylvia with every single one of my fake dollars!

I didn't say Randy would win; I'm just saying I think thats his best shot. I WANT Randy to win but I think Tim will probably pull it out.

Post #13   2/19/07 5:28:40PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:
i cant bet even fake dollars on a 43yr old fighter, even if i like the guy. sorry.

Post #14   2/19/07 5:30:45PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Chips:
Tim is really being disrespected by the oddsmakers; Randy is only a +200-230 underdog depending on where you go. He's in the same range that Dan Henderson is considered an underdog to Wanderlei.

Post #15   2/19/07 5:33:30PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3