Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fitch's title shot

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
i read on mmajunkie that Fitch's win over Wilson put him next in line for a title shot.
I'm happy with that but know that lots of the Karo fans are gonna be upset that he got jumped by Fitch. Personally i think that fitch & karo should fight for the next shot but that would take too long to sort out considering Fitch just fought & karo will be in a month.
anyone happy or mad about this?

Post #1   3/3/08 11:23:48AM   

disturbed_fighter

MMA Regular

Career:166-106
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
personaly i dont think dana cares much for either guys. they just keep winnin. dana doesnt giv the guys that desreve respect, respect

Post #2   3/3/08 11:26:42AM   

ToeZup

Standup Guy

ToeZup Avatar

Career:310-202
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:
Fitch deserves it. How many more fighters does he have to beat?
I think Karo will get his shot after that.

Post #3   3/3/08 11:30:13AM   

exonerated

Learning to Sprawl

Career:23-11
Chips:
Well, I do agree with you that both of them are deserving of title shots. However, as you also mentioned having them fight to see who gets the shot would mean that there would not be another title defense after GSPvsSerra for around 8 months.

In short, I'm glad he is getting the next shot!

Post #4   3/3/08 11:32:33AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
I hope it aint 8 months, If Serra wins maybe, But GSP will want to defend against Fitch asap.

Post #5   3/3/08 11:35:42AM   

exonerated

Learning to Sprawl

Career:23-11
Chips:

Posted by disturbed_fighter

personaly i dont think dana cares much for either guys. they just keep winnin. dana doesnt giv the guys that desreve respect, respect

I don't really think thats it. From the article the TS mentioned;

"This kid, in my opinion ... he has the Chuck Liddell mentality," said UFC president Dana White, referring to the UFC's iconic superstar. "This kid will fight anyone, anywhere ... He's definitely paid his dues.

With the love Dana White has for Chuck, I would consider that comment very respectful of Fitch. I think people overlook how stacked UFC's WW division is. Directly from MMAWeeklys rankings...

#1 Welterweight Fighter in the World: Georges St. Pierre

2. Matt Serra

3. Matt Hughes

4. Jon Fitch

5. Josh Koscheck

6. Karo Parisyan

7. Jake Shields

8. Diego Sanchez

9. Carlos Condit

10. Marcus Davis

That means 8/10 top 10 guys are all active in UFC. Pretty stacked competition IMO!

Post #6   3/3/08 11:40:39AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,662-1,458
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jon Fitch deserves it, it makes the most sense after Serra-GSP. GSP fights Fitch, then Serra can fight Hughes.

Post #7   3/3/08 11:45:32AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
fitch fights for the title = good imo, karo gets one more one he can try and fight for it i would have to say. hughes #3? imo i would put him lower

Post #8   3/3/08 11:50:21AM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:
Fitch should definitely get the next shot, if Karo loses on the fight night in April then he shouldn't be after Fitch, Koscheck vs. Sanchez again and let one of them fight Matt Hughes, or some combination of those fights to decide the next in line.

Also should consider bringing Condit to the UFC if possible and give him a fight or two and a title shot if he does well.

Last edited 3/3/08 12:40PM server time by imanidiot777
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   3/3/08 12:36:58PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Congrats, I think that if Karo beats Thiago Alves (which he will by 2nd round armbar/kimura, haven't made up my mind), he'll get the next shot.

Still a little surprised to see that they have Kos ahead of Karo and Jake Shields.

Post #10   3/3/08 12:41:08PM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Depending on who wins Serra/GSP I think Serra would be better matched up against Karo and Fitch would be a better fight for GSP I thought Karo should have won by decision in his fight against GSP so it would be a nice rematch to see but style wise it would be a more exciting fight to see Karo/Serra or Fitch/GSP but both guys definately deserve a title shot they have been around awhile both have some nice wins and both very talented guys I would probably go with a Karo vs Fitch fight first to see who fights the winner of GSP vs Serra if I was Dana though just for the fans.

Post #11   3/3/08 12:43:08PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by ufcboss

I hope it aint 8 months, If Serra wins maybe, But GSP will want to defend against Fitch asap.

I'm thinking 4-5 months between Serra-GSP in April, so my guess as for when it'll happen, at the earliest, is August. Which could put it at UFC 87, it could be a double main event with Coleman-Lesnar.

Post #12   3/3/08 12:45:48PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Posted by ufcboss

I'm thinking 4-5 months between Serra-GSP in April, so my guess as for when it'll happen, at the earliest, is August. Which could put it at UFC 87, it could be a double main event with Coleman-Lesnar.

Isn't this also the Rampage vs. Forrest event or no?

Post #13   3/3/08 12:46:21PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Before that performance, Fitch definitely deserved a title shot. But after he couldn't finish Wilson, I'm not sure anymore. I am a big Fitch fan, but I don't know if he deserves it over Karo. Really, though, it doesn't matter. Either guy would lose to GSP.

Fitch vs. GSP - Fitch is a wrestler, and GSP outwrestled the best 170-pound wrestler ever when he beat Hughes last December.

Karo vs. GSP - GSP already beat him once, and although Karo has gotten better since that fight, he is still nowhere near the caliber of a GSP.

Fitch vs. Serra - Fitch might be able to overpower Serra, but Matt would try to keep it standing and would most likely KO Fitch.

Karo vs. Serra - Now this would be a good fight. If Karo wins and Serra loses (both are likely to happen), I'd like to see this. I can't really tell you at this point who would win though.

Post #14   3/3/08 1:33:53PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:

#1 Welterweight Fighter in the World: Georges St. Pierre

2. Matt Serra
3. Matt Hughes
4. Jon Fitch
5. Josh Koscheck
6. Karo Parisyan
7. Jake Shields
8. Diego Sanchez
9. Carlos Condit
10. Marcus Davis

It's interesting to see all the names on paper like that, because I was going to ask where Matt Hughes is in all that. I see his ranking, but more importantly, where is his heart/head at in all this?

I can't see Josh koscheck being above Karo in the rankings. Matter of fact, I think that would be a great matchup. I love a good grappling match ala Sanchez vs Diaz and Parisyan vs. Sanchez. Man those were ground WARS.

From the other thread, I see that alot of you dont have much respect for Carlos Condit. He is very young and very talented. I think he could go far in the UFC and I'm really excited to see him fight in a promotion that offers a higher class of fighters than the WEC because he was running through their WW division man.

Why can I not picture Jake Shields? If that's the case he probably doesnt deserve the rank he has. Higher than diego? Dunno about that. Maybe they should fight to see?

In short, I love the WW division right now. I'm seeing 9/10 amazing fighters who could any one of them hold the belt on any given day.

Post #15   3/3/08 1:56:27PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2