Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkheden (Video)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Watch it while you can.

Video Link

Post #1   3/3/08 7:26:54AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
wow he really did wreck him! i hadnt seen Bielkheden before but believed what i heard about him being tough so picked Diego by UD - couldnt have been more wrong! Diego was always going to finish that guy, oh well, cant wait to see Diego fight next, hope its against Chris Wilson

Hate it when fighters tap out due to strikes, screws up the picks on here as they wont change the system for the better, he should just cover up and wait for the ref to stop it (which he should have doen by that point!), i know im not a fighter but if i was i wouldnt tap to strikes!

Post #2   3/3/08 8:13:25AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Chips:
The whole "I am one with the Earth" thing about Diego annoys the piss out of me.

Post #3   3/3/08 8:35:08AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
well it works for him

Post #4   3/3/08 8:39:13AM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,491-921
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Diego looked great. I had him by UD, too, based on what I had heard from some guys who had trained with him (namely that his BJJ was too good to be subbed). When I saw Bustamante in Bielheden's corner I was reassured of that. But Sanchez is that new breed of grappler who uses aggressive wrestling to improve BJJ positioning and he just went to work. I don't think he will lose to anyone who is willing to work from the bottom against him.

Post #5   3/3/08 9:08:34AM   

cloppio

treadin troden trails

cloppio Avatar

Career:506-363
Chips:
sweet, thanks, i've been looking everywhere for it

Post #6   3/3/08 10:00:02AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Chips:
Thanks for the video!

I would've liked to have seen some standup, but a gameplan is a gameplan.

Post #7   3/3/08 10:13:14AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
that guys didnt do much lol, diego is not my fav fighter but gretz on the win

Post #8   3/3/08 12:09:41PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Hate it when fighters tap out due to strikes, screws up the picks on here as they wont change the system for the better, he should just cover up and wait for the ref to stop it (which he should have doen by that point!), i know im not a fighter but if i was i wouldnt tap to strikes!

I know, this instance cost me 4 points. I had Diego Rd 1 TKO.

Post #9   3/3/08 1:36:36PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by CornishMMA

I know, this instance cost me 4 points. I had Diego Rd 1 TKO.

Good call, well it would have been had it been TKO. Anyways, I had the same analysis of the fight as Cornish did. David had fought some bigger guys in the past and made Charles McCarthy tap out to strikes in the first round. Granted, Charles isn't the best fighter, but he is a big guy who fights at MW. Also, David has a great background in BJJ and trains out of BTT. I figured for sure the fight was going to the scorecards. Sanchez proved me wrong and ran through the guy! Damn, that was a dominating performance!

Post #10   3/3/08 2:24:33PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
That was either super impressive or the guy was a can. I hope this is the motivation Diego needed.

Post #11   3/3/08 2:31:13PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by gsquat

That was either super impressive or the guy was a can. I hope this is the motivation Diego needed.

It was hard to tell. The whole fight seem to hinge on Diego's first takedown.

Post #12   3/3/08 3:07:48PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well it works for him

not against Fitch or Koscheck

i am still upset Diego lost bc i wanted to see GSP annihilate that sob

He almost retired the night before the Kos fight, he had bad staph. They need to rematch. Fitch, he's just the best WW in the world IMO because he proved he takes every fight seriously. GSP hasn't defended the title once to prove he's the best.

If you ask me, Diego would beat GSP badly, maybe not in the 1st or 2nd, but that cardio is sick and GSP wouldn't be able to keep up. His chin is suspect to so I wouldn't be surprised if Diego KO'd him.

Congrats on Diego for killing all that horse crap that he should drop down. One of my favorite fighters defintely.

Post #13   3/3/08 4:36:25PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

well it works for him

He almost retired the night before the Kos fight, he had bad staph. They need to rematch. Fitch, he's just the best WW in the world IMO because he proved he takes every fight seriously. GSP hasn't defended the title once to prove he's the best.

If you ask me, Diego would beat GSP badly, maybe not in the 1st or 2nd, but that cardio is sick and GSP wouldn't be able to keep up. His chin is suspect to so I wouldn't be surprised if Diego KO'd him.

Congrats on Diego for killing all that horse crap that he should drop down. One of my favorite fighters defintely.

I love how a fighter loses by TKO for the first time in their career and they have a suspect chin. He took some good shots in that fight that would have put a lot of people down. He was never out though and he took a beating. When their next find rolls around and he ends up getting KO'ed by Serra, then I think you might be able to say he has a suspect chin. Yet, I think it would still be a stretch. Serra isn't known for taking people out with his fists, but the guy has some heavy hands and if he is able to connect they are going down.

As far as Diego beating GSP, it is a possibility, but I'd take GSP over Diego most definitely. I'd even go as far to say that GSP takes 8 or 9 fights out of 10. Diego looks to be back on track, but I don't think his cardio will help him get past GSP. It sure as hell didn't help him against Fitch and I don't see it helping him against GSP. GSP would win in impressive fashion, and control his way to a decision.

Post #14   3/3/08 5:30:09PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

well it works for him

I love how a fighter loses by TKO for the first time in their career and they have a suspect chin. He took some good shots in that fight that would have put a lot of people down. He was never out though and he took a beating. When their next find rolls around and he ends up getting KO'ed by Serra, then I think you might be able to say he has a suspect chin. Yet, I think it would still be a stretch. Serra isn't known for taking people out with his fists, but the guy has some heavy hands and if he is able to connect they are going down.

As far as Diego beating GSP, it is a possibility, but I'd take GSP over Diego most definitely. I'd even go as far to say that GSP takes 8 or 9 fights out of 10. Diego looks to be back on track, but I don't think his cardio will help him get past GSP. It sure as hell didn't help him against Fitch and I don't see it helping him against GSP. GSP would win in impressive fashion, and control his way to a decision.

I'm not going off the Serra fight, he just hasn't been tested too often and Serra was the first do test it and he stopped him. The only other was an out of shape BJ who was no where as good as he was today.

As for Diego vs GSP, I'm talking a 5 round fight. I don't think GSP could take that non stop pressure that he will get in the 1st that will last until the final horn of the 5th. Just think Diego will outwork him.

Post #15   3/3/08 6:11:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2