Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

isnt it great?

Print  
Posted By Message

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
that the two champions (who prob will be for a long time) of MW and WW
are two of the most respctable, modest fighters in the game. i love how whenever you see GSP or silva in or out of the ring are always professonal, presonable and respectful. these are two guys who can destroy opponents in the cage, but refuse to talk shit.
we always hear we want embassadors of the sport....well we got em.......they're champs....and they probably will be for a while.

btw:im not takin anything away from big nog or bj....but pierre and silva have got class

Last edited 3/2/08 2:08PM server time by mfother
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/2/08 1:52:54PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
i think you meant to say Isn't IT Great

But i agree, we need champions like them to represent this sport which is being looked at with a microscope.............But Big Nog has as much class as both of them, if not more, so i feel he should be included.

Last edited 3/2/08 2:02PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   3/2/08 2:02:06PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
It's great but I find it even more awesome that we finally have a champ that continuosly win fights. I like that we finally have a really dominant figure in the UFC in Anderson.
We have all these half-legends who've all been on short and impressive runs and had a few comebacks but no ones had any longer impressive winning streaks apart from Silva and Fedor.
Fedor's off fighting cans in Japan so Silva has the chance to in my mind be the first REAL legend of MMA.

Post #3   3/2/08 7:29:56PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
In addition to Andersons wining streak , I dig the fact that he finishes fights. No cautious riding out the clock. The best champions are finishers IMO, but back to the original thread. Yes, it's great to have awesome ambassadors of the sport as champs.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   3/2/08 7:32:46PM   

tap_or_snap

MMA Regular

Career:326-162
Chips:

Posted by MFOTHER

are two of the most respctable, modest fighters in the game. i love how whenever you see GSP or silva in or out of the ring are always professonal, presonable and respectful. these are two guys who can destroy opponents in the cage, but refuse to talk shit.
we always hear we want embassadors of the sport....well we got em.......they're champs....and they probably will be for a while.

btw:im not takin anything away from big nog or bj....but pierre and silva have got class

dont count your chickens st pierres not champ yet, he has to get through serra first

Post #5   3/2/08 7:54:31PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by MFOTHER

i agree both are stand up guys but i have no problem with any of the current champs. like another poster said big nog should be included and i agree. i also see no reason to exclude bj or rampage. sure rampage talks but it seems to be all in good fun and not to offending to anyone. but your point is well taken anderson and gsp are guys we can all agree are professional champs.

Post #6   3/2/08 9:24:38PM