Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Coleman vs. Lesnar ???

Print  
Who wins
Brock Lesnar 79 75%
Mark Coleman 26 25%
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

KnockDownDragOut

Learning to Sprawl

Career:21-17
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by imanidiot777

Please tell me you are joking when you say Coleman has better wrestling than Brock.

Mark Coleman was born in Fremont, Ohio, U.S. in 1964. He began freestyle wrestling as a teenager, and wrestled for Miami University, in Ohio, where he was a two time Mid-American Conference wrestling champion. In his senior year, he transferred to The Ohio State University and won an NCAA championship. Out of college, Coleman was awarded a spot on the US Wrestling team, and took 7th place in the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. Coleman continued to wrestle as an amateur, even defeating freestyle wrestling Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle at a tournament in 1995.

Summary- Coleman fought in the Olympics

Lesnar wrestled at Webster High School in Webster, South Dakota where he managed to have a 33-0 record in his senior year. Lesnar later attended the University of Minnesota on a full wrestling scholarship for his junior and senior years of college; his roommate was fellow professional wrestler Shelton Benjamin who also served as Lesnar's assistant coach. Lesnar won the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship as a heavyweight after placing second in 1999. Prior to joining the Minnesota Golden Gophers, Lesnar also wrestled at Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota. Lesnar finished his amateur career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college.

Summary- Brock had a great collegiate career but no Olympics.

All in all they both won NCAA Div 1 championships but Mark wrestled in the Olympics while Lesnar did not.

Should also be noted that I'm pretty sure the only reason Brock didn't wrestle on the Olympic team is because he chose not to, not because he wasn't good enough. I remember it being a big deal here in Minnesota when he signed with the WWE instead.

Post #46   3/12/08 9:59:56AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,539-1,389
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think its great Coleman's comin back to the octagon, but lets be honest, what is gonna do to Lesnar that Lesnar can't do better?

Post #47   3/13/08 11:21:30PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by -PaGaN-

Coleman will win! brock lesner is a striker and has hardly any experience on the ground, he is sloppy and has no technique. How can you compare a man like lesner to a hall of famer like coleman!!

Umm, I don't know much about Lesnar, but I'm pretty sure he is a wrestler, which makes him pretty experienced on the ground.

Post #48   3/13/08 11:26:14PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Sorry warglory, but mark coleman is no Randy Coture. Flat out. he doesnt have the endurance, he never had it . Brock is equal with him on his(colemans) best attribute...wrestleing. i see a brutal GnP TKO of a UFC HOFer that never should have happened. The UFC should be looking to new talent(like all of their competition) to put into the HW division. They have made some moves....but signing MARK Coleman wasnt a very good one. I'd rather watch an unknown fight than watch an out of time fighter get killed any day

Post #49   3/15/08 2:36:40AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
I just hope coleman doesnt get hurt ,I like the guy

Post #50   3/15/08 3:24:26AM   

MartinKillMcGill

MMA Regular

MartinKillMcGill Avatar

Career:285-170
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
For me they have similar fighting styles just that brock is the younger stronger model. Coleman can hold his own so i dont understand why everyone thinks he is going to get seriously injured. He is geting well paid for it

Post #51   3/15/08 10:08:51AM   

KB24

Banned

Career:116-70
Chips:
Brock will finish him off for good

Post #52   3/17/08 11:29:10PM   

joshjr

Josh "The Babyface Assassin"

joshjr Avatar

Career:538-351
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:

Posted by bls1919

IMO i hate to see this fight happen. I dont think that coleman will win this one and i hate to see him go out like that. what do you think

I hate to see Mark get a fight like that to. I dont understand what the UFC was doing since they gave him a 3 fight contract. I would rather see Coleman and Herring.

Post #53   3/18/08 5:08:48AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Joe Silva has learned his matchmaking skills from a retarded mountain goat, they need to graps the fact they dont need to use their old fighters to showcase their new fighters

Wasnt neccesary with Shamrock Franklin and it isnt neccesary now!!! Theres loads of HW's that they could of put these guys in against to see them get wins, why give him a 3 fight contract and do this?!!?!? weak

Brock will destroy Coleman im afraid to say, and i even have a feeling he will keep it standing and win that way to showcase his striking skills

Post #54   3/18/08 10:34:14AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4