Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Coleman vs. Lesnar ???

Print  
Who wins
Brock Lesnar 79 75%
Mark Coleman 26 25%
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
95 was a long time ago and who says coleman has the endurance to weather a storm from brock. He wil really have to work on his own cardio i think

Post #16   3/2/08 4:12:35PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I actually think Lesnar will come in a bit more tentative to this fight. He's maturing as a fighter whether you like him or not. He learned from Mir how rushing in, trying to maul your opponent like a gorilla, and in general being stupid about things is BAD.

I think he'll prance around on the feet for a little bit before it goes to the ground (which of course it eventually will) and then we'll see the war. I'll pick Lesnar to win this one, but I wouldn't count the hammer out just yet.

By the way, when this fight was announced last night my buddy says "Yeah, have the NSAC test THAT guy for roids!"

Post #17   3/2/08 4:13:06PM   

hammerhead1

MMA Regular

hammerhead1 Avatar

Career:1,404-1,021
Chips:
BROCK LESNAR 1 ROUND KO/TKO

Post #18   3/5/08 3:38:47PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by LuketheDuke

Coleman via better wrestling and experience.

I don't believe in the Lesnar hype. Sure, he is a steller wrestler, but Coleman is better. NCAA champ, 7th place in 92 olympics, and beat gold medalist Kurt Angle in 95. Coleman is no joke. I think he still has some fight in him, hell look at Couture, he is still lookin good. I don't see why Coleman should be any different.

Also there's Brock's cardio. He hasn't gone two minutes in a fight, what happens if it gets out of the first round? Lesnar pushes the pace ridiculously hard at the beginning of his fights. Coleman will wether the storm, Brock will gas, and Coleman will take control winning by UD, possibly late fight tko.

Bring on the heat

You basically summed it up for me, props to you.

Post #19   3/5/08 3:43:51PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Lesnar

Post #20   3/5/08 3:48:47PM   

fullmetaljacket703

Learning to Sprawl

fullmetaljacket703 Avatar

Career:505-334
Chips:
Lesnar has the GnP down, he should work on the JJ part and some sub protection. I dont think that his cardio is in question or will play ANY part in this fight.

Post #21   3/5/08 3:53:59PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:
I wasn't a big on Lesnar until the Mir fight..........I think Coleman is gonna get mauled and the fight will end in the 1st round.

Post #22   3/5/08 4:07:35PM   

Flip

Learning to Sprawl

Career:217-164
Camp: Rival
Chips:
This is an awesome fight for both men. Lesnar is coming off a frustrating loss due to inexperience and Coleman is coming off a lot of inactivity. This fight willl give Lesnar more fight time and experience and Coleman a chance to prove he hasn't lost anything.

Post #23   3/5/08 6:29:05PM   

d_block07

MMA Regular

d_block07 Avatar

Career:150-70
Camp: Team Punishment 2007
Chips:
i dont see brock finishing this fight. i see him winning but its gonna be a wrestling match LnP spectacular.

Post #24   3/5/08 6:53:19PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

brock by tko first round im going have to say

Post #25   3/5/08 8:00:38PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by LuketheDuke

Coleman via better wrestling and experience.

I don't believe in the Lesnar hype. Sure, he is a steller wrestler, but Coleman is better. NCAA champ, 7th place in 92 olympics, and beat gold medalist Kurt Angle in 95. Coleman is no joke. I think he still has some fight in him, hell look at Couture, he is still lookin good. I don't see why Coleman should be any different.

Also there's Brock's cardio. He hasn't gone two minutes in a fight, what happens if it gets out of the first round? Lesnar pushes the pace ridiculously hard at the beginning of his fights. Coleman will wether the storm, Brock will gas, and Coleman will take control winning by UD, possibly late fight tko.

Bring on the heat

You basically summed it up for me, props to you.

I seriously doubt Mark will be training just with the Hammer House since Kevin went to Xtreme Couture and I'm betting Mark is going with him. I really do hope Mark goes to a good camp though. He can really win this fight.

But I'm definitely pulling for Mark.

Last edited 3/6/08 12:14AM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   3/6/08 12:13:12AM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:2,817-1,604
Camp: TKO
Chips:
i feel bad for the guy,IMO lesnar gone a just destroy him.I dont know what he try to prove he is in the hall of fame he doesnt need to prove something.

Post #27   3/6/08 9:20:40AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Curious to know why everyone is picking Lesnar, he hasn't shown anything yet. He took Mir down hit him in the back of the head and then got submitted.

Coleman is no Mir when it comes to BJJ, but he is a GREAT wrestler. He's tenacious with his takedown attempts and doesn't stop till he has it. Yeah Lesnar was a good wrestler in college but Coleman competed in the Olympics. NCAA<Olympics, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Coleman took Lesnar down and mauled him from start to finish.

Post #28   3/6/08 4:09:48PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Truly the only things Coleman doesn't have to his advantage are his age and the size difference.

Coleman has always been freakishly strong, so that mitigates some of the strength Lesnar has over him.

Wrestling Coleman > Lesnar
Submissions Coleman > Lesnar (remember, he almost caught Fedor in an armbar)
Submission defense Coleman > Lesnar
GnP Coleman > Lesnar
Experience Coleman > Lesnar

The more I think about it the better this fight will be. Coleman has lived a rough, rough life, though. I don't know if his body is still put together well enough to sustain MMA combat's pace. Even still, I'm not going to jump on the Brock "The Chest Cock" Lesnar's nuts like everyone else.

I just don't buy into the hype like everyone else does, and I haven't since the beginning.

Post #29   3/6/08 4:16:49PM   

LuketheDuke

Barred from Forum

LuketheDuke Avatar

Career:1,043-603
Camp: Jersey Ave Camp
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Truly the only things Coleman doesn't have to his advantage are his age and the size difference.

Coleman has always been freakishly strong, so that mitigates some of the strength Lesnar has over him.

Wrestling Coleman > Lesnar
Submissions Coleman > Lesnar (remember, he almost caught Fedor in an armbar)
Submission defense Coleman > Lesnar
GnP Coleman > Lesnar
Experience Coleman > Lesnar

The more I think about it the better this fight will be. Coleman has lived a rough, rough life, though. I don't know if his body is still put together well enough to sustain MMA combat's pace. Even still, I'm not going to jump on the Brock "The Chest Cock" Lesnar's nuts like everyone else.

I just don't buy into the hype like everyone else does, and I haven't since the beginning.

Brilliant. I agree 100%. Coleman is superior in virtually every part of the game. The only thing I'm concerned about is that Lesnar is training at Minnesota MMA Academy (I think anyway, correct me if I'm wrong) which has produced cardio machines like Sherk.

Also I believe that Coleman has transitioned his wrestling into MMA better than Lesnar has. Give Lesnar some time and he will be a BEAST, but until then he won't be able to show his full potential w/o a little training and experience. I still think that Lesnar shouldn't of come to the UFC after just one fight. He needed some more time to make a name for himself and to see if he really wanted to do MMA. I mean, the guy tried out WWE, football, and now MMA. What's to say he'll just pick up and leave and go try at something else? Although he has been training MMA for what-two years now is it? So mabye he is here to stay. I just think he shouldv'e made a bigger name for himself before he came to the big times.

Post #30   3/6/08 10:54:11PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4