Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Coleman vs. Lesnar ???

Print  
Who wins
Brock Lesnar 79 75%
Mark Coleman 26 25%
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
IMO i hate to see this fight happen. I dont think that coleman will win this one and i hate to see him go out like that. what do you think

Post #1   3/2/08 12:13:32PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
brock by tko first round im going have to say

Last edited 3/2/08 12:14PM server time by loonytnt
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   3/2/08 12:14:27PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

brock by tko first round im going have to say

I'll second that.

Post #3   3/2/08 12:16:02PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,217-1,243
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'll third that.

Coleman sounded desperate to get back in the cage. Not sure why.

Post #4   3/2/08 12:23:07PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

I'll third that.

What do you think?!?!?! Money!!!!!!!!

Post #5   3/2/08 12:27:20PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
I'll 4th that, i think lesnar takes it via GnP, he is the bigger/better wrestler, and Colemans submissions arent too good to say the least............

i think this fight is more to get Brock Hyped up (more than already), than it is for Coleman's return.

Post #6   3/2/08 12:28:29PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Lesnar is a good match up for him with respect to styles. i.e. they are both wrestlers and both GnP guys. However, I agree with previous posts that this is a fight that Coleman may have a problem winning.

Post #7   3/2/08 12:29:45PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:

Posted by npayant

Posted by scoozna

I'll third that.

What do you think?!?!?! Money!!!!!!!!

when a fighter needs money they will fight anyone, idk why they put him with brock, he is in the hof, put if with someone else brock is going to hate him imo coleman is to good of a guy and he helped the sport so much they should to do this to him, never know he may win but i see him getting hurt

Post #8   3/2/08 12:30:57PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Some of you are making Coleman out to be some sort of victim. He didn't have to take this fight, but he did, and he will train to win. He is an MMA champion who is probably past his prime, but he is a fighter nonetheless. No one is being exploited here. If Coleman receives a beatdown, oh well, those are the chances he and every other fighter takes.

Post #9   3/2/08 12:40:51PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
Yea I am confused as to why Coleman is returning to join in the UFC... I really am..

He got his ass handed to him (no offense to any of his fans, Coleman is a great fighter im just stating the facts) in Pride especially by Fedor (twice) and Mirko Cro Cop.. I just think its time for Coleman to call it quits..

Instead the UFC probably gave him a good offer he cant refuse and thats why we see him returning, I personally dont want to see Coleman go out like Ken Shamrock did and just embarass himself... MMA is progressing so rapidly today it doesnt matter what you did years ago people are learning everything and its not the same sport anymore..

Coleman is a great wrestler but so is Brock, Brock just happens to have about 30+ pounds on him and is in way better shape and doesnt carry all the mileage that Coleman does..

I dont see how Coleman is going to win this, but I wish him the best of luck.. will be interesting to see what happens, will be sad to see Coleman lose in embarassing fashion.

Post #10   3/2/08 12:52:54PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Dude Coleman is being brought in to market Lesnar, nothing more. He's old as hell. The whole reason he was put into the hall of fame at that time specificaly to further market their fight.

Think Hughes Gracie and that is how this fight goes only with further domination.

Saying Coleman is a big UFC hall of famer is only going to better market the fight.

Lesnar by murderization.

Sorry Coleman, but hey if you win then you get to shock the world and go out on top.

Post #11   3/2/08 1:34:45PM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Yea I am confused as to why Coleman is returning to join in the UFC... I really am..

He got his ass handed to him (no offense to any of his fans, Coleman is a great fighter im just stating the facts) in Pride especially by Fedor (twice) and Mirko Cro Cop.. I just think its time for Coleman to call it quits..

Instead the UFC probably gave him a good offer he cant refuse and thats why we see him returning, I personally dont want to see Coleman go out like Ken Shamrock did and just embarass himself... MMA is progressing so rapidly today it doesnt matter what you did years ago people are learning everything and its not the same sport anymore..

Coleman is a great wrestler but so is Brock, Brock just happens to have about 30+ pounds on him and is in way better shape and doesnt carry all the mileage that Coleman does..

I dont see how Coleman is going to win this, but I wish him the best of luck.. will be interesting to see what happens, will be sad to see Coleman lose in embarassing fashion.

i feel the same way. coleman demands respect because of his past....but should not return.
i think they needed to give broc a win, but not againts a total chump. Coleman has the background and history to be respected, but prolly wont win.

Post #12   3/2/08 1:35:30PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
Lesnar 1st round TKO!!

Post #13   3/2/08 3:42:30PM   

CactusBob

MMA Regular

CactusBob Avatar

Career:28-12
Chips:
After all this, I would love to see Coleman do nothing but train off his back and submit Lesnar. Lesnar still has a huge hole in his game and I doubt he is too concerned with submissions from Coleman. This crisis truly is an opportunity...

Post #14   3/2/08 4:03:06PM   

LuketheDuke

Barred from Forum

LuketheDuke Avatar

Career:1,043-603
Camp: Jersey Ave Camp
Chips:
Coleman via better wrestling and experience.

I don't believe in the Lesnar hype. Sure, he is a steller wrestler, but Coleman is better. NCAA champ, 7th place in 92 olympics, and beat gold medalist Kurt Angle in 95. Coleman is no joke. I think he still has some fight in him, hell look at Couture, he is still lookin good. I don't see why Coleman should be any different.

Also there's Brock's cardio. He hasn't gone two minutes in a fight, what happens if it gets out of the first round? Lesnar pushes the pace ridiculously hard at the beginning of his fights. Coleman will wether the storm, Brock will gas, and Coleman will take control winning by UD, possibly late fight tko.

Bring on the heat

Post #15   3/2/08 4:04:17PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4