Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Silva Unstoppable?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
WOW... Ko-ed Leben like nothing, goes on and beat Franklin, making it look like it was Franklin's first MMA fight, fight Lutter and shows us how good his ground game really is, fights Franklin again and takes him out within the first round then dominating the second round, fights Henderson puts him in a RNC? Come on, Silva is pound for pound the best fighter. MW's best fighter, is anyone going to be able to stop him at MW?

Post #1   3/2/08 2:34:43AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
No one is unstoppable, but i don't see anyone beating him at 185 anytime soon. My guess is he will move up to 205 within a year,as he has talked about it recently, and said he walks around at 213.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   3/2/08 2:36:35AM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
I think he is as close to unstoppable right now as you can get. There have been multiple guys in this streak that were supposed to be too strong for him and be able to out wrestle him, these guys being Marquardt and Henderson. Finished them both. Henderson has never been knocked out but he was looking pretty rocked tonight.

Post #3   3/2/08 2:39:02AM   

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

No one is unstoppable, but i don't see anyone beating him at 185 anytime soon. My guess is he will move up to 205 within a year,as he has talked about it recently, and said he walks around at 213.

Post #4   3/2/08 2:39:28AM   

roger

Standup Guy

roger Avatar

Career:675-413
Chips:
if he fights george and wins i don't know who will be able to beat him , move up a weight class but if he keeps fighting like theway he has been then even that weight class will be no problem for him

Post #5   3/2/08 2:40:27AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I had a feeling I'd be asking myself this question after this fight was over. I picked Hendo to win, but I never once doubted Silva's ability to make me eat my words.

At 185 I still think there's one man out there he needs to face. That's Matt Lindland. Obviously he's got Okami moving up the MW ranks, so he might get a revenge bout in there, but ultimately the man I'd like to see him face is Lindland. Lindland could neutralize the reach a lot better than Hendo did, IMO.

Hendo, man.. I love you... but why did you let Silva drag you out into the center of the Octagon? I feel if Hendo had kept him against the fence and continuously taken him down he would have broken his will and been able to secure the victory. Still, a great fight.. a GREAT card, and I made bank... LOL

Post #6   3/2/08 2:42:27AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
At 185 i think he is.

He took some serious shots too, i think he could do very good at 205 as well. Rampage and him would make a good fight.

Post #7   3/2/08 2:45:24AM   

Mhunt1140

Learning to Sprawl

Mhunt1140 Avatar

Career:935-568
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Yes WOW is the only word to describe it. I really thought that Hendo could/would at least test Silva. Hendo's style matched up perfectly with Silva's and still Anderson dominated the fight. He is something else and at this point is by far the best fighter in the world. The way he is dominating right now is like Royce and Matt Hughes did in their reigns and Anderson is quite possibly even better. I really can't see anyone beating him anytime soon at 185 he is just to diverse. Honestly who is even left for him to fight? Matt Lindland or Robbie Lawler, they are basically the only two left and we all know that Dana won't bring them in so it could be awhile before someone even pushes Anderson. We still do have to keep in mind that no one is unstoppable and in MMA anything can happen so we will just have to wait and see. I know I can't wait to see Anderson at 205 maybe Rampage will have some fun with him.

Post #8   3/2/08 2:47:12AM   

skatenate

MMA Regular

skatenate Avatar

Career:217-119
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
silvas grip is just gonna tighten and tighten in this weight, he makes a joke of anyone he comes up against, and when u think he's in trouble, he can pull something out of nothing.
he brings something new to the ufc, people like it, and it works. great fight. great finish

Post #9   3/2/08 2:49:45AM   

Kisame

MMA Regular

Kisame Avatar

Career:212-160
Chips:
no one can beat this silva. NO ONE.

Post #10   3/2/08 2:53:48AM   

Fallen231

Learning to Sprawl

Fallen231 Avatar

Career:284-177
Camp: FightHard101
Chips:
He maybe.... But I'd still like to see him fight another guy new to MMA in the middle weight division, that being Cung Le... If you've seen some of the stuff the guy can do you'd be intrigued be an all out stand up brawl, and Anderson in my opinion would want it on the ground.... Because Le fights a lot like Michida, and is hard to hit, and even if u do hit him, he keeps going... But anyways thats my take....

Post #11   3/2/08 2:54:24AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Fallen231

He maybe.... But I'd still like to see him fight another guy new to MMA in the middle weight division, that being Cung Le... If you've seen some of the stuff the guy can do you'd be intrigued be an all out stand up brawl, and Anderson in my opinion would want it on the ground.... Because Le fights a lot like Michida, and is hard to hit, and even if u do hit him, he keeps going... But anyways thats my take....

that would definitely be an exciting fight to see IMO , and no disrespect to Cung Lee, but until I see his chin tested against a guy like Silva I'm not sold on his chances in MMA. I mean that in a standup sense, as I believe many doubt his prowess on the ground , or abilty to even stop the takedown against a good grappler. If I could pick any guy to fight Anderson ( standup wise) it would be Manhoef. Still , either fight would get me pumped.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   3/2/08 3:02:23AM   

Fallen231

Learning to Sprawl

Fallen231 Avatar

Career:284-177
Camp: FightHard101
Chips:
I agree with u, but Cung Le would be interesting to watch in the octagon no matter who it would be against. I'd watch just because he's never part of a dull fight. Plus he's so unorthodox that it might give Anderson some problems. Not to mention if u noticed he doesn't take much damage. Another interesting match up for Anderson would be Michicida if he would ever drop down to 185... Which we all know he wont

Post #13   3/2/08 3:09:44AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by Fallen231

I agree with u, but Cung Le would be interesting to watch in the octagon no matter who it would be against. I'd watch just because he's never part of a dull fight. Plus he's so unorthodox that it might give Anderson some problems. Not to mention if u noticed he doesn't take much damage. Another interesting match up for Anderson would be Michicida if he would ever drop down to 185... Which we all know he wont

Isn't Cung Le fighting Frank Shamrock or am i mistaken? Also i think Machida is currently fighting out of Black House which is home to Big Nog and Anderson Silva... so i don't think we're going to see that fight for a while.

Post #14   3/2/08 3:16:36AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by Fallen231

Isn't Cung Le fighting Frank Shamrock or am i mistaken? Also i think Machida is currently fighting out of Black House which is home to Big Nog and Anderson Silva... so i don't think we're going to see that fight for a while.

You are right on both counts. I wanna see just how fast Shamrock shoots

The Iron Code

Post #15   3/2/08 3:20:55AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2