Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Andrei's Exit?- Article

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
There was a time in the not-so-distant past when Andrei Arlovski (Pictures) was "the guy" in the UFC. In a period of perceived Pride preeminence, he was seen as Zuffa's star heavyweight.

After Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures) had vanquished Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Pictures) and Mirko "Cro Cop," some even thought Arlovski was the guy would could topple "The Last Emperor."

Link

Last edited 2/29/08 11:38AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   2/29/08 11:20:37AM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:
I just thought I would post this as its a good read.
It brings up some good points as well like how just a few years ago people seriously thought Arlovski was going to be the one to topple Fedor and how peoples opinions of him have changed.

Regardless of what happens with his contract I hope he has a long and successful career where ever he goes.

Remember Andrei is only 29 years old and is just reaching his fighting prime. The man has many, many more excellent fight left in him so please read the article.
He seams focused and really read for O'brian. I wish him good luck.

If anyone knows any news on his contract negations please let me know.

Post #2   2/29/08 11:36:07AM   

Daddyprimetime

MMA Regular

Daddyprimetime Avatar

Career:457-264
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
Here are a couple of things from the MMAJunkie interview

Andrei Arlovski Discusses UFC 82 — An MMAjunkie.com Interview

MMAJUNKIE.COM: Let’s start with the obvious big question: will this be your final fight in the UFC?

ANDREI ARLOVSKI: I hope not, but this question should really be directed with the UFC.

MMAJUNKIE.COM: How would you characterize your current relationship with the UFC?

ANDREI ARLOVSKI: I have a very good working relationship with the UFC.

Link to interview.

Post #3   2/29/08 11:47:19AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
Yeah, I would like to see Andrei back in the UFC. It is very doubtful that we will see him again though. I hope he does come back, because he is a tough and dangerous fighter. Nice article btw.

Post #4   2/29/08 12:03:57PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Yeah, I would like to see Andrei back in the UFC. It is very doubtful that we will see him again though. I hope he does come back, because he is a tough and dangerous fighter. Nice article btw.

I'm still not sold on him coming back too, but i hope him and Zuffa sort things out.
I seriously don't think the UFC can afford to lose another HW. Their are a lot of excellent free agents floating about and if Andrei goes it just strengthens the chances that Dreams, WVR or even EXcite could end up having a HW devision thats more stacked than the UFC's!

Heres hoping he stays anyway Arlovski's a WARRIOR!

Post #5   2/29/08 12:11:02PM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by wolfman

I'm still not sold on him coming back too, but i hope him and Zuffa sort things out.
I seriously don't think the UFC can afford to lose another HW. Their are a lot of excellent free agents floating about and if Andrei goes it just strengthens the chances that Dreams, WVR or even EXcite could end up having a HW devision thats more stacked than the UFC's!

Heres hoping he stays anyway Arlovski's a WARRIOR!

I would LOVE to see Andrei sign another 6 fight contract. (Hell if MacDonald gets re-up'd...) Like the article says...3 years ago AA was 'THE man'. Its sad what's happened to him, however i dont think he's beyond some of the blame as well. If you say you're a fighter first and foremost, then be a damn Warrior in that cage.

Here's to AA pulling the big KTFO on O'Brien, RD. 1

Post #6   2/29/08 1:12:11PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I'd love to see AA in the UFC and unfortunately this looks really really bad

Post #7   2/29/08 1:35:27PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
i would love to see him in the UFC, but if him leaving means he WILL fight fedor, barnett, hunt, or couture, then thats one hell of a consolation prize.
if him leaving means he will be fighting butterbean, choi, zulu, then what a waste of top notch talent

Post #8   2/29/08 7:16:50PM   

Daddyprimetime

MMA Regular

Daddyprimetime Avatar

Career:457-264
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

i would love to see him in the UFC, but if him leaving means he WILL fight fedor, barnett, hunt, or couture, then thats one hell of a consolation prize.
if him leaving means he will be fighting butterbean, choi, zulu, then what a waste of top notch talent

Thats the thing, he might get to fight Fedor or Randy(if he gets out of the contract sh*t), or he might fight circus acts. IMO Arlovski is better off staying in the UFC and trying to work his way into a title fight with Nog instead of tempting fate.

Post #9   3/1/08 6:14:47AM