Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Injury Changes Strikeforce Card; “Semtex” Confirms Retirement

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Strikeforce lightweight title-holder Gilbert “El Niño” Melendez was supposed to fight Jorge Masvidal at the Strikeforce/EliteXC March 29th event - but the fight has been cancelled due to a shin injury Masvidal received during “Strikeforce at the Dome” in Washington. The injury came in a fight against Ryan Healy, which Masvidal won by decision. A replacement could be named soon to battle Melendez since he is one of the top fighters on the card. Middleweight champ Frank Shamrock will put his title on the line against Cung Le in the highly-anticipated main event.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   2/28/08 7:40:24PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
that sucks, hope he heals ok

Post #2   2/28/08 7:48:40PM   

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:2,986-1,574
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
WTF???? When the hell did Daley announce retirement?? Have I been under a rock for the past few days? I hope that he's just blowin smoke up everyones ass and comes back to fight.

Post #3   2/28/08 8:43:37PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by xtra_chewy

WTF???? When the hell did Daley announce retirement?? Have I been under a rock for the past few days? I hope that he's just blowin smoke up everyones ass and comes back to fight.

Yeah i think we all do bud. But sadly it seems he is serious, whether he changes his mind a few months/years down the line is yet to be seen. Makes no sense. The best british fighter retiring BEFORE his prime

Post #4   2/29/08 6:34:22AM