Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Confirms Jardine vs. Silva, Ortiz vs. Machida for UFC 84

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
The UFC today confirmed that long-rumored fights between Keith Jardine (13-3-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and Wanderlei Silva (31-8-1 MMA, 1-3 UFC), and Tito Ortiz (15-5-1 MMA, 14-5-1 UFC) and Lyoto Machida (12-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC), have been booked and are now official.

The two light-heavyweight bouts are set for UFC 84, an event that takes place May 24 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. UFC lightweight champ B.J. Penn meets former champ Sean Sherk in the night’s main event.

LINK

Post #1   2/28/08 10:45:49AM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
UFC 84 is going to be off the hook. Expect them to announce Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva soon. Tickets go on sale for non UFC fight club members this Sunday. I doubt I will get my hands on any tickets though...

Post #2   2/28/08 11:34:58AM   

kasual

MMA Regular

kasual Avatar

Career:353-201
Camp: HERO SQUAD
Chips:
Both these fights are really interesting matchups. I feel bad for Machida though, Tito is a chump who is more concerned with acting than fighting and it's his last fight on his deal. Machida is a title contender in that division and it doesn't help to fight people who aren't even ranked. Strange thing about Jardine and Silva, I mean it's a fight we all want to see but Jardine beat Chuck and Chuck beat Silva, just seems like Jardine should be fighting someone else on there way up, but who?

Also, Rashad and Thiago, time for Rashad to finally get a taste of some real dangerous competition, good matchup for both of them although I see Rashad losing by tko

Post #3   2/28/08 12:03:47PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
if jardine wins he should get a shoot at the title. imo he should be fighting rampage not forrest anyway

Post #4   2/28/08 12:31:55PM   

krthll1

MMA Regular

krthll1 Avatar

Career:504-298
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
UFC 84 is going to be sweet. I can't wait to see BJ Penn get beat.

Post #5   2/28/08 1:00:22PM   

dannyd1975

Learning to Sprawl

dannyd1975 Avatar

Career:799-503
Camp: Big Frog's Six Fans
Chips:
"UFC 84 is going to be sweet. I can't wait to see BJ Penn get beat."
you will be waiting a long time

Post #6   2/28/08 5:28:22PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Two great fights added to an already great main event. I am so looking forward to this one! I'm really looking forward to seeing if Tito Ortiz is going to take his training seriously for this fight. He's be all up in the reality TV buisness lately. Has he let his skills diminish. Because if he has, Lyoto Machida will tear his ass apart! As for Silva vs. Jardine, this fight is going to be sick. They both have balls to the wall fighting styles. Should be an entertaining night of fights.

Post #7   2/28/08 5:35:23PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:

Posted by kasual

Both these fights are really interesting matchups. I feel bad for Machida though, Tito is a chump who is more concerned with acting than fighting and it's his last fight on his deal. Machida is a title contender in that division and it doesn't help to fight people who aren't even ranked. Strange thing about Jardine and Silva, I mean it's a fight we all want to see but Jardine beat Chuck and Chuck beat Silva, just seems like Jardine should be fighting someone else on there way up, but who?

Also, Rashad and Thiago, time for Rashad to finally get a taste of some real dangerous competition, good matchup for both of them although I see Rashad losing by tko

tito is a chump.. thats ur opinion. He's concerned with acting? how about he's concerned with promoting fights, and if he wasnt so good at promoting fights, chances are the ufc wouldnt be what it is today. Machida is a title contender and tito isnt, but the truth is that machida hasnt been tested against someone that can tell us how good machida really is. He's got a respectable resume, but you have to take it for what its worth. He took Penn (a light weight) to a decision three years ago, he KOed franklin 5 years ago and he beat sokoudjou who himself was a question. For machida to deserve a title shot, he needs to make it through someone who is tried and true, someone who has proven their ability at that level. This will not be an easy fight for either opponent and it will tell us if tito is healthy and back on track (even if he doesnt resign), or if machida is the real deal and can handle any type of fighter.

jardine beat griffin, good win, then he lost to houston alexander.. big loss, then he beats chuck liddel, another big win. Jardine is still a question and throwing him up against silva will give us an answer, if he can tool silva, then the guy deserves a title shot, or deserves to battle it out with the winner of machida/tito for the title shot given the timeline.

Rashad needs to go up against someone with a sprawl

Post #8   2/28/08 6:45:28PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,946-1,042
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sounds like the perfect night to me ... Penn Choking out the roider and the other 2 fights are real close and once they announce evans vs silva this will be top 3 best cards ever ... i have tito decsioning machida im pretty sure he can over power him but wont stop him and i have both the axe murder winning not sure how and i really cant call silva vs evans either boring win for evans or spectacular KO silva

Post #9   2/28/08 8:01:06PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
I am picking Silva over Jardine....yeah yeah...I know Jardine managed to eat Liddell but Liddell was not prepared nor expected the kicks. I am no expert on Silva but I know the guy has nasty knees and kicks so I think Jardine will have a harsh awakening if he decides to go this route. As far as Machida and Ortiz....I hate to say it, but I think Tito will pull off the win, I dont really see him finishing it either, but I think he is strong enough to control Machida and has good enough sub defense to avoid the tap...just my opinion though, should be a sick card.

Post #10   2/29/08 6:12:47PM