Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lindland Signs 3 Fight Deal...But With Who?

Print  
Posted By Message

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
Highly regarded as one of the top middleweight fighters in the world, but not having fought anywhere in nearly a year, Matt Lindland on Friday confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that he has just signed a contract with a new fight promotion.

Full Story

Seems like everyone wants a piece of the pie. I smell someone losing some money on this new promotion.

Post #1   2/27/08 4:30:05PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
Thank god he's finally fighting. He's to great to just sit the sidelines and coach. I am confused to who his opponents will be though. Misaki???? It seems like all the other top middleweights are signed with other promotions.

WHO IS HE GOING TO FIGHT!?!?!?!?!??!

Post #2   2/27/08 5:23:17PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
couldnt the "new" promotion include dream or wvr? considering that neither has had their inagural event, they're still considered new right?

Post #3   2/27/08 5:50:26PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

couldnt the "new" promotion include dream or wvr? considering that neither has had their inagural event, they're still considered new right?

It's got something to do with Oscar De La Hoya and Affliction clothing apparently

Post #4   2/27/08 5:51:59PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by roman

Thank god he's finally fighting. He's to great to just sit the sidelines and coach. I am confused to who his opponents will be though. Misaki???? It seems like all the other top middleweights are signed with other promotions.

i hope he takes part of Dreams middleweight tourney, that would be nuts!!!!!!!!

Post #5   2/27/08 5:53:34PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by roman

dude....i like how u think

lets just hope Linland doesnt fight cans or freaks
it hurts my head thinking of who he would fight
think they might have him fight some guys that usually fight heavier than him like arona or lil nog?

Post #6   2/27/08 6:23:07PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by juanez13

Posted by roman

dude....i like how u think

lets just hope Linland doesnt fight cans or freaks
it hurts my head thinking of who he would fight
think they might have him fight some guys that usually fight heavier than him like arona or lil nog?

i just got a bit more insight into this mysterious company, and it looks like it will be ..........

word is that Affliction is a primary partner in the deal, and another partner may be Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions. If you’ll recall, an earlier report suggested that the UFC had banned Affliction from sponsoring its fighters due to the fighting league it had in the works. Lindland — who has always sort of reminded us of Woogie Woganowski — hasn’t fought since his loss to Fedor Emelianenko via armbar at BodogFight: Clash of the Nations in April.

so i doubt it has anything to do with dream now, which sucks, becuase with this new company, we'll probably see him face someone like pete spratt or pete sell...also about your comment of him possibly fighting at a higher weight class, lindland mentioned he will be fighting strictly at middleweight, so that rules out some great match ups, but im sure we'll find out soon enough what this whole thing is about......

LINK

LINK 2

Last edited 2/27/08 7:04PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   2/27/08 6:53:40PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I want to see Lindland compete in the DREAM LW tourney just to see what would happen.

Post #8   2/27/08 7:07:23PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Chips:
Well DREAM is now fur sure out of the question i was really hoping it was them. here is were he dispelled rumors that he had signed with DREAM.

He dispelled rumors that he had signed with the new Dream promotion in Japan, saying, “I’ve never talked to them. I actually did sign a contract (Friday) with another company, though.”

“Everybody makes a big deal about not fighting in the UFC. I can tell you, I signed a contract and my first fight I’m going to make more than I made in like six fights in the UFC,” he stated. “The most I ever made in the UFC with the win bonus and the show money was $36,000. “

LINK

Post #9   2/27/08 8:50:59PM   

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,218-1,207
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I just want Lindland to fight the best. He's a freaking good fighter and actually quite the character. I would love to watch him fight Okami, Franklin, or Silva. Hope this new deal comes with some great match ups.

Post #10   2/28/08 12:43:49AM