Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kimbo Slice on PTI - "I can't bring myself to watch this stuff it's savagery"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ufc88

Standup Guy

ufc88 Avatar

Career:1,156-666
Camp: UFC Pool 2010
Chips:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/26/michael-wilbon-and-tony-kornheiser-agree-kimbo-slice-mma-repre/

watch them rip on mma
i am so sick of people talking about a sport they know absolutely nothing about

Post #1   2/26/08 7:27:26PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
man i 100% agree. i love wilbon & kornheiser but they always hate on mma.
i can understand not liking the sport, but why bring it up at all if all they can say is how savage & barbaric it is?

my dad loves boxing so i got him to watch the guida/huerta fight. he couldnt keep his eyes off the fight & loved every minute, until the last 30 sec. I guess some older people just dont like seeing that kinda style of fighting. My dad is same age as kornheiser & wilbon so i guess thats y i understand a little bit. but like i said earlier, if u dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Post #2   2/26/08 7:43:57PM   

owen1

Standup Guy

owen1 Avatar

Career:845-441
Chips:

i am so sick of people talking about a sport they know absolutely nothing about

Ya me too,if they actually looked at the facts and saw that its alot safer than boxing instead of just giving there own opinion on something they know absolutely nothing about,and how can they even talk about MMA if they don't even watch it???I bet they just say that on camera and they really go home and watch every event lol.

Post #3   2/26/08 8:08:08PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
what they are saying is so retarded...

It's ok to punch people into concussions and brain damage until there bodies give out, but the minute you decide to take them down and grapple, possibly even tap them out, you are a neanderthal!

Do they not know that thick ass gloves increase the chances of brain damage?
The power you can generate into your punches while on your feet are much more dangerous to a human mind than punches on the ground, if your goal is to tko your opponent... which is more barbaric?

Their points in this matter are very facetious. It's ridiculous that someone can have a job as a sports reporter and literally know nothing about what they are saying.

Post #4   2/26/08 8:40:47PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,041-1,091
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yea I remeber when they had a topic referring 2 couture retiring or leaving the ufc all they did was babble about how rampage is the best ever and what not its fustrating and yea it sucks though cuz wilbon and esppsecially kornhiser is the man ! i love those old guys ... PENGUIN DANCE !

Post #5   2/26/08 9:36:15PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Klitchko's last match had to be stopped because he busted the guy's head so bad after three rounds that his corner threw in the towel. He landed probably 40+ jabs per round. PER ROUND. I doubt that you'll see 40+ jabs in one UFC PPV. Listen, I am not saying that MMA is a safe sport. And proclaiming that MMA is a "safe sport" because it's safer than boxing is ridiculous. MMA is a full-contact dangerous sport that requires heavy regulation, i.e. referees, to stop people from killing each other. That being said, calling MMA "savagery" and then saying that boxing is OK is even more ridiculous.

In any case, I'm preaching to the choir.

Post #6   2/26/08 10:38:00PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I can't believe this. MMA is as much of a professional sport as boxing or football or any other. There are more serious injuries in boxing and football than MMA by far. And MMA has only the one documented death (a freak incident) while boxing deaths are all but expected. The larger gloves just delay knockouts (therefore prolonging the beatings) and increase brain damage.

These guys better get used to it because MMA is big time and only getting bigger. I hope there will be a day soon when people will critisize journalists for saying crap like this.

(P.S. remember canidate John McCaine is the senator who called MMA "human cockfighting" and campaigned to make it illegal

Post #7   2/26/08 10:42:35PM   

Dasklown

Learning to Sprawl

Dasklown Avatar

Career:684-478
Camp: Team Plata
Chips:
These guys are just a bunch of idiots, it's not even worth the time to talk about their show.

PTI (Pardon The Ignorance)

Post #8   2/27/08 12:00:33AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I like the PTI guys myself. I watch their show regularly. But I do not agree with them in this instance. By no means is MMA savagery. I think it's more of the older generation that thinks this. The guys that like boxing and just don't like change.

Post #9   2/27/08 7:16:41AM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:
While the guys on PTI may bash MMA alot, Jim Rome loves MMA and has had Urijah Faber and now Dan Henderson a few days ago on his show. He also loves to bash boxing so, its not like ESPN is against MMA.

Post #10   2/27/08 10:34:10AM   

Silent-Sir

MMA Regular

Silent-Sir Avatar

Career:196-156
Chips:
It just amazes me how the old boxing establishment is so afraid of MMA that they have to try to tear it down every chance they get. It's like that HBO commentator (can't think of his name) that said there is nothing in MMA that even comes close to the skill level of professional boxing. I'm sorry, but these people need to pull their heads out of their (insert anal reference here) and realize that MMA is a legitimate sport and that its athletes are just as skilled, if not more so, than those in professional boxing.

Post #11   2/27/08 11:43:55AM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Career:719-395
Camp: SSU Combat Club
Chips:
Who cares? I love baseball and millions of Americans think it's boring as all hell and not worth watching.

Post #12   2/27/08 1:40:36PM   

dust

Banned

Career:453-247
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

It's ok to punch people into concussions and brain damage until there bodies give out, but the minute you decide to take them down and grapple, possibly even tap them out, you are a neanderthal!

The power you can generate into your punches while on your feet are much more dangerous to a human mind than punches on the ground, if your goal is to tko your opponent... which is more barbaric?

Their points in this matter are very facetious. It's ridiculous that someone can have a job as a sports reporter and literally know nothing about what they are saying.

The only thing worse than MMA haters are boxing haters like you.

Post #13   2/27/08 2:51:04PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by dust

Posted by Pookie

The only thing worse than MMA haters are boxing haters like you.

i don't think he is hating on boxing as much as he is showing how their arguments against MMA also apply to boxing. imo, he is merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the two hosts of PTI as they advocate boxing while they put down MMA. i personally am i fan of both, but obviously my heart belongs to MMA and to watch these two thickheaded, anterograde amnesiacs is just sickening while they promote a sport similar in nature

Post #14   2/27/08 3:38:05PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

anterograde amnesiacs

Nice wordage lol

Post #15   2/27/08 4:24:35PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2