Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hermes Franca Released from UFC Contract

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
Former UFC lightweight contender Hermes Franca has been released from his contract with the UFC, the 33-year-old confirmed in a recent message-board posting.

Franca expects to return to competition in July when his current one-year suspension ends.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/24/hermes-franca-released-from-ufc-contract/#comments

Post #1   2/24/08 8:57:35PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
i'm just so mad that franca gets the bad end of the deal and sherk gets to fight for the belt because he said he didnt do it, so i guess if hermes said he was framed too he would have gotten a lesser sentance too i guess, and nakamura tests positive for pot and he isnt even due to come back from what ive heard, this steroid crap could ruin MMA's legitimacy

Post #2   2/24/08 9:11:03PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by BlazinSaddle

i'm just so mad that franca gets the bad end of the deal and sherk gets to fight for the belt because he said he didnt do it, so i guess if hermes said he was framed too he would have gotten a lesser sentance too i guess, and nakamura tests positive for pot and he isnt even due to come back from what ive heard, this steroid crap could ruin MMA's legitimacy

hermes asked to be released from his contract.

Post #3   2/24/08 9:12:24PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
i think its BS that he cannot compete outsid the us when he is suspended by the CSAC.... what does t matter to them if he goes to japan to fight and earn money..... both took the juice Hermes maned up to it and got in more trouble then Sherk who lied about it

Post #4   2/24/08 9:13:25PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

i think its BS that he cannot compete outsid the us when he is suspended by the CSAC.... what does t matter to them if he goes to japan to fight and earn money..... both took the juice Hermes maned up to it and got in more trouble then Sherk who lied about it

Because all supporting evidence shows that Sherk did lie about it, like the lie detector test.....oh wait, he passed that.

Post #5   2/24/08 9:18:58PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by BlazinSaddle

hermes asked to be released from his contract.

i dont care if he did or not, the whole thing is b/s

Post #6   2/24/08 9:30:31PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by Tein_Lung

Because all supporting evidence shows that Sherk did lie about it, like the lie detector test.....oh wait, he passed that.

I lie detector test isnt really proof though. I think the fact he actually tested positive holds more water than i lie detector test.

It sucks for franca though, it seems like he asked to be released before he was told he wouldnt beable to fight outside the u.s, but his contract was already cancelled by then. I hope he gets another chance in the ufc becouse he normally puts on a good show, unless hes being laid on top of for a full fight.

Last edited 2/24/08 9:37PM server time by aaronno9
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   2/24/08 9:33:59PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
That stinks. Hermes is one of my favorites. One consolation is wherever he goes he is sure to be at the top of his weight division.

Post #8   2/24/08 9:37:00PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Tein_Lung

I lie detector test isnt really proof though. I think the fact he actually tested positive holds more water than i lie detector test.

he took other tests like blood tests and whatnot, he gave enough evidence so the CSAC gave him the benefit of doubt........i personally think he did it, especially looking at his physic, and the way he trains, but believe what you want, he is still put alot of stuff that suggested it might have been something else, unlike franca who said yea i did it, no matter the circumstances, he still confesed that he did it, and there is no getting around that.

Post #9   2/24/08 9:39:09PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

many many many people have lied and still passed that test, its the state of mind your in, if you really feel in your mind that you wanna get away with something you make the lie into truth... he tested positive the end, dont hug on sherk its annoying when people blindly think hes telling the truth when a lie dectector test is easily beaten.

Post #10   2/24/08 9:43:20PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:
im not sure but if the fbi and cia still hold merit to the lie detector test i think it works quite abit. i agree that the double standard sucks but whats worse to me is that fighters taking roids to help them out. hermes admitted to it. if ufc dont like that in him then they should cut him. sherk didnt admit to it and his sentence was reduced so ufc couldve been in deep financial shit if they released him without reason.

Last edited 2/24/08 9:53PM server time by gabe531
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   2/24/08 9:48:31PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
im crushed i love hermes francas how dont u like the guy ? he works hard and is entertaing ... i rember during the count down hes like for sherk 2 beat me hes gona have 2 beat my heart and no one could beat my heart or some thing like that ... hes agood guy those are rare in this sport ... sigh well hopefully he comes back
WAR FRANCAS !
(I NEVER PUT THAT B4 =/ DID I DO IT RITE ?)

Post #12   2/24/08 10:16:33PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

i rember during the count down hes like for sherk 2 beat me hes gona have 2 beat my heart and no one could beat my heart or some thing like that ...
(I NEVER PUT THAT B4 =/ DID I DO IT RITE ?)

If Sean Sherk wants to win the fight, he has to stop my heart, and its hard... BELIEVE ME...
"Puh" If Sean Sherk takes me down, he'll be doing me a favor.. BELIEVE ME

He said the words "believe me" about a million times during the count down.
Anyone notice it?

Too bad Hermes is gone though.

Post #13   2/24/08 11:29:59PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Totally lame...I think the guy is a top 10-15 LW!!! I thought for sure when he came back he would go on a warpath too. I sure hope he gets a new contract in the future.

Post #14   2/24/08 11:35:46PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Who cares that hes not in the UFC.

Why not add him too DREAM's LW Tourney? would be CRAZY!

Last edited 2/25/08 2:33AM server time by RMFG_187
Edit note/reason: Spelling

Post #15   2/24/08 11:52:35PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2