Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Andrei Arlovski's Opponent?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

brodieros

MMA Regular

brodieros Avatar

Career:101-69
Camp: Oklahoma Top Team
Chips:
Has anyone heard rumors of Andrei's next opponent?

Post #1   2/18/07 12:48:53PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I'd be more happy to see Andrei Arlovski vs Crocop then I would to see Crocop vs Sylvia but I heard Crocop's facing Gonzaga in the UK so likelyhood of that happening is little.

Post #2   2/18/07 1:02:29PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Haven't heard anything set in stone, but Cheik Kongo is scheduled to be on the same card, so that might be an educated guess if nothing else....

Post #3   2/18/07 2:47:41PM   

brodieros

MMA Regular

brodieros Avatar

Career:101-69
Camp: Oklahoma Top Team
Chips:
I think that would be a good test of his comeback from Tim.

Post #4   2/18/07 2:50:49PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Rumors so far...

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga
Andrei Arlovski vs. Fabricio Werdum
Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin
Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki
Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):
- Victor Valimaki vs. Alessio Sakara
- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

Post #5   2/18/07 2:55:19PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Rumors so far...

Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

Where did you hear Werdum was going to be on the card? It makes some sence seeing as hes on the same team as CroCop, but I havent heard anything of the sort yet...

Post #6   2/18/07 3:08:24PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by nate22

Rumors so far...

Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

Where did you hear Werdum was going to be on the card? It makes some sence seeing as hes on the same team as CroCop, but I havent heard anything of the sort yet...

I have no idea where they have taken the information from, but Bloodyknux for me is and has always been the most reliable source for MMA i've ever come across.

Post #7   2/18/07 3:37:02PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Haven't heard anything set in stone, but Cheik Kongo is scheduled to be on the same card, so that might be an educated guess if nothing else....

I think this is the most likely. As for Werdum, I think if a guy that good was signed by the UFC, they would be crowing about it . He's definately a top 10 HVY IMO, and would be a huge addition for them. Also, I think Werdum and Barnett are the only deserving challenger's in Pride Fedor hasn't fought yet. I think he would be wise to try Fedor before switching orgs. Add the fact that he does train with Cro-cop( most likely UFC HVY champ this year to me) and the possibilty that they may not even fight eachother. I think he should stay in Pride to at least see if he can beat Fedor since Cro-cop didn't.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/18/07 3:48:59PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
werdum > arlovksi
cant see the ufc makin that fight without hypin werdum
that'd be propesterous

Post #9   2/18/07 6:01:36PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I think this is the most likely. As for Werdum, I think if a guy that good was signed by the UFC, they would be crowing about it . He's definately a top 10 HVY IMO, and would be a huge addition for them. Also, I think Werdum and Barnett are the only deserving challenger's in Pride Fedor hasn't fought yet. I think he would be wise to try Fedor before switching orgs. Add the fact that he does train with Cro-cop( most likely UFC HVY champ this year to me) and the possibilty that they may not even fight eachother. I think he should stay in Pride to at least see if he can beat Fedor since Cro-cop didn't.

Although I totally agree with the above, here is a thread from sherdog that apparantly has a little weight behind it, take it or leave it, it's sherdog.

Arlovski - Werdum

And apparantly Werdum and CC are not training anymore, another good point made is that they were both in the OWGP together so they can't have too many reservations about fighting one another.

Post #10   2/18/07 8:08:24PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Nate, I hope your right, but I couldn't find anything conrete exact for poster's rumors. Werdum is a stud, so let's hope it happens.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/18/07 11:24:15PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I remember watching in interview with Werdum saying he was only going to stay in Croatia for a year or so, and that was about a year ago.

As for the UFC hyping him, it makes sense in a way that they wouldn't. They hyped Cro-cop and Rampage because they both have incredible KO power, which is what the new UFC fans want to see. Dudes like Nate the Great and Dean Lister fight dark matches, even though they're great ground fighters. It would make sense to put AA against him in that if AA wins, thats a big win for him, and Werdum is set aside. If AA gets subbed, then suddenly they have a rising star on their hands in Werdum.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #12   2/18/07 11:38:37PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I remember watching in interview with Werdum saying he was only going to stay in Croatia for a year or so, and that was about a year ago.

As for the UFC hyping him, it makes sense in a way that they wouldn't. They hyped Cro-cop and Rampage because they both have incredible KO power, which is what the new UFC fans want to see. Dudes like Nate the Great and Dean Lister fight dark matches, even though they're great ground fighters. It would make sense to put AA against him in that if AA wins, thats a big win for him, and Werdum is set aside. If AA gets subbed, then suddenly they have a rising star on their hands in Werdum.

I see your point, but I think the UFC would have to pay a lot for a fighter of Werdum's caliber. Did Werdum actually say he left Cro-cops team? Was he living there? Just curious. I hope he's not training with Cro-cop if he is in the UFC, I would like to see them fight.

The Iron Code

Post #13   2/19/07 12:01:07AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
The interview I saw was old, but he said he likes to travel around and teach BJJ. He was staying in Spain before moving to Croatia, and said he was going to stay for a year or so. He was initially living with Cro-cop and then Cro-cop got a new house, so he had to get an apartment in Croatia. Not sure what hes up to nowadays though.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #14   2/19/07 12:40:18AM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Rumors so far...

Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

i really hope they don't put on another Ortiz vs Griffin, Griffin won that fight imo and it would be pointless for them to fight again. I'd much rather see rampage destroy ortiz

Post #15   2/19/07 5:56:01AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2