Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

anderson silva overated

Print  
Posted By Message

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
anderson silva was less than domanate while in pride with loses to takase and chonan. he beat franklin now he is ranked number one in the world. my problem with this is the fact that dan henderson has been fighting and beating much tougher competition. many of his opponents where lhw amd hw. and the best in the world like wandy ,arona,and the noguera brothers. he has only one loss in his natural weight class(185) and it was an off night against misaki.he has beaten belfort, chonan, renato sobral, gibert yvel, gono, nakamura, murilo rua,among others. this evidence is not disputable in my mind. dan henderson is the best 185 pound fighter in the world.

Post #1   2/18/07 12:16:32PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I think it was simply the way Anderson dismantled his two opponents (Leben, Franklin) in the UFC which caused him to skyrocket up the ranks. Franklin had the spotlight beaming down upon him as the number one middleweight fighter in the world until Anderson walked down to the octagon with his trippy techno, bell rings, and Silva demonstrates his excellent Muay Thai putting Franklin in a death clinch breaking his nose and eventually causing the KO. Franklin was the man to beat in the UFC in a division that was rather flat, which is unfortunate because you were right Dan Henderson is fighting in Prides division which is quite simply loaded with top talent.

Post #2   2/18/07 1:11:04PM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
Well he was underrated by the American fans until he won the fights with Leben and Franklin. Now, I somewhat agree that he is overrated here...ground skills are decent but he deserves respect for his muay thai game

Post #3   2/18/07 1:32:50PM   

ElGuapo31

Learning to Sprawl

ElGuapo31 Avatar

Career:97-60
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
hes good but would get housed by filho, lindland, and heno...and probably lose to kang

Post #4   2/18/07 1:37:05PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

anderson silva was less than domanate while in pride with loses to takase and chonan. he beat franklin now he is ranked number one in the world. my problem with this is the fact that dan henderson has been fighting and beating much tougher competition. many of his opponents where lhw amd hw. and the best in the world like wandy ,arona,and the noguera brothers. he has only one loss in his natural weight class(185) and it was an off night against misaki.he has beaten belfort, chonan, renato sobral, gibert yvel, gono, nakamura, murilo rua,among others. this evidence is not disputable in my mind. dan henderson is the best 185 pound fighter in the world.

Excellent point's about Hendo. a true warrior. I'll never forget his fight with Big Nog when he kept escaping time after time. I even give him a 30% chance against Wandy. However, I think the Anderson of today and the one from Pride are entirely diffferent fighter's. he's improved drammattically inn the last 2 years since he left chute box. Best pure striker in MMA IMO, and got his BJJ black belt from the Nogs. I kind of like your argument for pound for pound for Hendo though, sometimes we forget how tough he is . I actually would compare him as an amercian Sakuraba( one of the greatest ever IMO) for his willingness to fight any and all comers. Still, I think if Sakuraba was fighting people his own size the last 5 years his health would be a lot better off. I think Hendo has nothing to prove , and should stick to his own weight. I also think he's has been fighting out of character. Gotten stand-up happy ,trying to land that big right, which is why he lost to Misaki. If Hendo wants to be the best 185 lb. guy in the sport , then I think he should fight at 185 lbs. Lindland, who apparently has caught the same (prove himself) disease as Hendo, would be my #1 middleweight, but if he doesn't fight a top 10 guy in that weight in the next 6 month's I will remove him. I'd make Silva #2 . He has not lost a fight since he formed his own team( except for a DQ to OKAMI) and seems to be a different fighter to me than he was.The Chonan loss, even though he was not the same figher as today IMO, was to one of the greatest surprise subs ever. Before that he had back to back wins against Horn( top 10 ) and Lee Murrray( who was supposed to be the next big thing) but is now a bankrobber as far as I know. Anyway I think the best guy around that weight in pride is FIho , I think he might be recognized as the next great grappler very soon by all. Anderson's new team Black house is comprised of fighter's from BTT, muay thai dream team, and and Nova Uniao. I think your arguement's would have been more valid against the Anderson of 2 and a half years ago. Still , your right about Hendo, warrior through and through.

Last edited 2/18/07 2:09PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   2/18/07 2:03:34PM