Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 85: Brock Lesnar vs. Justin McCully

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

By "doesn't have strong submissions", I mean "hasn't shown strong submissions"; I do realize that McCully is a BJJ Blackbelt.

Word from McCully's camp is that he was originally offered the Kongo fight at UFC 82, but had other obligations so they gave it to Herring.

And after Mir beat Lesnar, McCully actually requested to fight Lesnar.

I think it should be an interesting matchup and equivalent with where Lesnar's career is at.

You and everyone else is insane. Did you see that Lesnar/Mir fight?????

Lesnar will kill him, KILL HIM, easily in the first. McCully doesn't have the heart or submission skills Mir has. Not interesting like the Mir fight, this is a no brainer!!!! Lesnar is too strong and he will GnP McCully into the mat.

Post #16   2/23/08 4:28:01AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
Im sure that last fight helped bring Brock back down to earth and understand he still has a way to go in this sport before he will be champion

McCully will be made of an example of

Brock TKO (GNP Round 1)

Post #17   2/23/08 9:13:08AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by roman

Posted by Kpro

By "doesn't have strong submissions", I mean "hasn't shown strong submissions"; I do realize that McCully is a BJJ Blackbelt.

Word from McCully's camp is that he was originally offered the Kongo fight at UFC 82, but had other obligations so they gave it to Herring.

I think it should be an interesting matchup and equivalent with where Lesnar's career is at.

Lesnar will kill him, KILL HIM, easily in the first. McCully doesn't have the heart or submission skills Mir has. Not interesting like the Mir fight, this is a no brainer!!!! Lesnar is too strong and he will GnP McCully into the mat.

Since this is not an interesting matchup roman; who exactly did you expect them to pair Lesnar with coming off of a loss?

Post #18   2/23/08 10:58:22AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by jae_1833

If he losses to McCully then he is nothing but a hype game to me!!!

Too true, Too true

Except its totally beyond the realms of possibility, McCully has no chance in this fight, he nearly got armbarred by Hardonk ffs!

Biggest sure thing in MMA in a long while imho, il laugh if its anything less than 99% picking him on here

I think they could of matched him up with someone else that could have been better, Hardonk actually would have been better as he may have put some hurt on Brock with his kicks before he got taken down and pounded out, not many other "cans" they could have matched him up with tho, maybe Scott Junk? I dont blame Joe Silva for playing it safe tho

Post #19   2/23/08 11:02:42AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Lesnar is going to destroy McCully.

Post #20   2/23/08 11:57:39AM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
this is a good matchup for brock, he is obviously not ready to fight a top notch guy so give him a chance at a middle of the road guy. brock only has two fights, most guys arent able to hang with somebody like mccully in their third professional fight.

Post #21   2/23/08 11:57:53AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
More than likely a win for Lesnar. McCully is a pretty tough rugged dude, he is experienced and crafty. I just don't see him withstanding the onslaught.
I am not sure Mir would have took much more if referee Steve Mazzagatti didn't curiously break them and stand them up as he warned Lesnar for striking to the back of the head. You hear Big John McCarthy all the time..."watch the back of the head...watch the back of the head" etc. 2 strikes and Mazzagatti separates them and stands them up?
I like Mazzagatti and think he is one of the best, but I believe he "dropped the ball" on that one.
I would have put Lesnar against Eddie Sanchez!

Post #22   2/23/08 1:29:04PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,090-1,176
Chips:
Now if lesnar looses this one, he shouldn't be fighting in the UFC

Post #23   2/23/08 2:42:47PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by roman

Posted by Kpro

Since this is not an interesting matchup roman; who exactly did you expect them to pair Lesnar with coming off of a loss?

Well Lesnar showed he can fight, I would give him herring, a all around good fighter. Or Vera would be a very interesting matchup. I think Big Tim would also be a extremely interesting fight. Someone with good striking and ok submissions. I think Lesnar wins any of the fights I just came up with and they are WAY more interesting then Justin McCully.

A Justin McCully fight just isn't intriguing in the slightest. Lesnar, although he lost, showed he can destroy people.

Post #24   2/23/08 3:34:07PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I disagree with your picks on who to pair him up with 100%. He loses to Mir, so you expected them to pair him up with Vera or Sylvia, 2 guys who beat Mir?

That is horrible matchmaking.

Herring is the only one I could understand. Lesnar needs to get a few wins under his belt before they toss him top 10 talent.

Last edited 2/23/08 6:30PM server time by kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   2/23/08 6:28:17PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I can't see why anyone would think this is anything but a good match up for Lesnar. Why would they spend 250k a fight on a guy and keep throwing him against people who are more skilled then him and not let him develop in a real fight? Lesnar needs to be fighting guys who are not that skilled, because theres no one in the UFC with as little experience as himself. Once he has a few wins under his belt and has shown he can hang with JJ and strikers alike he will be in a position to get more and more top 10's and show his doubters that he can become a great mma fighter and shed his WWE status.

Post #26   2/23/08 6:50:09PM   

bezun

Banned

Career:146-107
Chips:
Here is my take on this. It is the same deal that they were doing with Huerta and Bispbing where they just build up their record with lesser known/lower talent fighters. Hell, Gan magee would have been more credible. Whammy!

Post #27   2/23/08 8:35:38PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
i bet Brock stops him in the first minute to be honest... we can thank the UFC for showing us an undercard fight on the ppv

Post #28   2/23/08 9:16:13PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

i bet Brock stops him in the first minute to be honest... we can thank the UFC for showing us an undercard fight on the ppv

this whole conversation is retarded because he just said they were talking about it, did not even sound like high level talks just "it would be cool if it happened" talk so slow your roll

Post #29   2/23/08 9:24:49PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I like McCully and think his is a decent fighter but he better hope he can last a little while to try and let the big mans big muscles wear him down. If he doesnt he is toast

Post #30   2/23/08 11:30:14PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3