Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kimbo Slice vs Eddie sanchez

Print  
Posted By Message

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,321-829
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
In what i think would be a perfect test for Kimbo's next match up....if he so happened to be in the UFC....I think Kimbo would KO him within the 1st 2 minutes....gnp him

Post #1   2/22/08 3:37:43PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
He's been a debut can before (Cro Cop). I like him because he fights with heart, but he'd die against Ferguson.

Post #2   2/22/08 3:47:27PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
there is just something I have to ask...

Where does all this Eddie Sanchez hate come from?

Soooo... the way I see it, is he's one of the few guy's that had the balls to step into the cage with crocop when he was one of the most feared HW's around, fresh off of a Pride OWGP win...

And all the sudden he gets thrown under the bus by every MMA fan out there???? I just don't get it...

The guy's one loss is to crocop, other than that he's finished 75% of his fights by (T)KO... 2 subs, 1 from strikes & a choke... Never had a fight that's gone the distance... There are even better strikers out there, like Kongo, that don't finish their fights and get more respect than Eddie

And he's been in there with bangers, guy's that can hit... Not a fourty some year old barfly (sorry Tank), not a guy that'll take a dive (wtf was that Bo?), or a washed up boxer, or even "Dreads" or "Omar" or whoever else he'd fought on the internet...

I'm not saying that Eddie could beat Kimbo... But i guarentee that he'd put up more of a fight than any of the guys that KS has faced... And I would not be surptised to see Eddie KO his ass...

Eddie Sanchez has been proving himself on the big stage since 06... Kimbo has not... Do you think Bas, or Gary Shaw for that matter, would even think twice about letting Kimbo fight a guy like CroCop? We all know the answer to that, and what does that really tell you about what the people that are closest to Kimbo think of his skill level at this point in his career?

>>>POINT OF RANT: EDDIE SANCHEZ DESERVES HIS RESPECT<<<

Post #3   2/22/08 5:02:23PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Soooo... the way I see it, is he's one of the few guy's that had the balls to step into the cage with crocop when he was one of the most feared HW's around, fresh off of a Pride OWGP win...

And all the sudden he gets thrown under the bus by every MMA fan out there???? I just don't get it...

The guy's one loss is to crocop, other than that he's finished 75% of his fights by (T)KO... 2 subs, 1 from strikes & a choke... Never had a fight that's gone the distance... There are even better strikers out there, like Kongo, that don't finish their fights and get more respect than Eddie

And he's been in there with bangers, guy's that can hit... Not a fourty some year old barfly (sorry Tank), not a guy that'll take a dive (wtf was that Bo?), or a washed up boxer, or even "Dreads" or "Omar" or whoever else he'd fought on the internet...

I'm not saying that Eddie could beat Kimbo... But i guarentee that he'd put up more of a fight than any of the guys that KS has faced... And I would not be surptised to see Eddie KO his ass...

Eddie Sanchez has been proving himself on the big stage since 06... Kimbo has not... Do you think Bas, or Gary Shaw for that matter, would even think twice about letting Kimbo fight a guy like CroCop? We all know the answer to that, and what does that really tell you about what the people that are closest to Kimbo think of his skill level at this point in his career?

i agree, the man did beat a samoan into the fetal position, and we all know how powerful & durable the formidable samoan jaw-line is.

I personally think it would be a great fight.

Post #4   2/22/08 5:06:30PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Eddie is young, 3-1 in the UFC, fights his heart out, and deserves just as much respect as any other fighter in mma.

Back on Topic. It would be a good fight. Eddie can take a punch but I think Kimbo could take it by 1st round KO. But we haven't seen Kimbo fight past the first minute yet. Training with Bas, you would assume he can go the distance, but if Eddie survives the 1st minute, who knows what could happen.

Post #5   2/22/08 6:47:21PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Sanchez wins this fight all day long

Post #6   2/23/08 8:02:28PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

no respect here, when you taunt a guy while fighting, and talking smack inside the cage thats just not cool i thought talking while fighting was not allowed he did it like 2-3 times how is that not a point deduction, then when he beats him he talks some more trash...why? you beat him, please feed this guy to Arlovski

Post #7   2/23/08 8:13:40PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Once again most fighters are not great communicators

That is why they are fighters

if people want a sport they can watch in front of there kids or grandparents maybey the should watch bowling

Post #8   2/23/08 8:20:36PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Once again most fighters are not great communicators

That is why they are fighters

if people want a sport they can watch in front of there kids or grandparents maybey the should watch bowling

wow good for them they have no class, i guess manners dont matter, oh right there fighters so that dosnt exist to them right i forgot

Post #9   2/23/08 8:29:14PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I respect Sanchez but dont like him. His antics during and after his fight with Soa Palalei(sp)

Post #10   2/23/08 10:06:16PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I am one of the few that actually give Eddie Sanchez some respect. I think the guys a good fighter and I don't mind seeing his fights. I just don't see him beating Kimbo Slice though. Kimbo is so quick, and when I see Eddie fight I just don't see him being able to keep up with the speed. Kimbo 2nd round KO.

Post #11   2/24/08 4:55:48PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
I respect and I am a fan of Eddie Sanchez,but i would never buy an Eddie Sanchez T shirt , thats for sure

I think Sanchez/Kimbo would be an awsome fight and i would give it to Sanchez...well at least i will be rooting for him

Post #12   2/24/08 6:44:00PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,200-1,311
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I like the fact that Sanchez is willing to go toe to toe with anyone out there, and doesnt fear them. Its a good quality to have, especially in MMA, but I think Kimbo would KO him if they fought.

Post #13   2/24/08 6:48:53PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,321-829
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

I respect and I am a fan of Eddie Sanchez,but i would never buy an Eddie Sanchez T shirt , thats for sure

I think Sanchez/Kimbo would be an awsome fight and i would give it to Sanchez...well at least i will be rooting for him

hahah so your a fan, but you woudent but a t-shirt....id be suprised to acually see an Eddie Sanchez shirt...what would it say..."The Manic Hispanic"???

Post #14   2/26/08 12:22:38PM