Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jason Day’s Big Gamble Pays off (Story from Yahoo! Sports)

Print  
Posted By Message

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
The story sounds like a Canadian version of the Beverly Hillbillies. Jason Day had purchased a 1992 Volkswagen Jetta, which he endearingly called a piece of crap, packed enough clothes for a four-day trip and headed off with Lee Mein in search of riches in Las Vegas.

Day and Mein weren’t hoping to get rich at a blackjack table or to get hot on the craps table.

They were hunting for a job and had driven 19 hours nonstop with no guarantees of getting lucky.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/22/jason-days-big-gamble-pays-off-story-from-yahoo-sports/

Post #1   2/22/08 2:17:29PM   

Silent-Sir

MMA Regular

Silent-Sir Avatar

Career:196-156
Chips:
That's cool. I'd never heard that story before. I'll definitely be rooting for Day come April. I only live about 20 minutes from Lethbridge and used to train Muay Thai with Lee's brother.

I'll admit I wasn't overly impressed with Day's initial fights. But he has seriously improved his game and I think he has a decent shot at beating Belcher. He still has a ways to go before he's an elite level fighter but I have no doubt that he'll get there.

Post #2   2/22/08 4:09:15PM   

KingKash

MMA Regular

KingKash Avatar

Career:507-390
Camp: hot kASH
Chips:
That was a pretty good story, but why didn't Lee take his vehicle? I know that it is a little nicer than the VW that they took. I have to agree with you. Jason's first fights were not all that nice to watch, but he has improved a lot. The story about his stand up is true. I saw his first fight and it was quite the show to watch. I am just glad that he gets his chance to fight in the UFC and i hope that he wins or at least puts on a good showing.

Post #3   2/22/08 6:12:33PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
This is a greta story but its too bad he has his first fight against the talent. Who is on a roll. Belcher by TKO

Post #4   2/24/08 12:02:08AM