Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jason Day’s Big Gamble Pays off (Story from Yahoo! Sports)

Print  
Posted By Message

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
The story sounds like a Canadian version of the Beverly Hillbillies. Jason Day had purchased a 1992 Volkswagen Jetta, which he endearingly called a piece of crap, packed enough clothes for a four-day trip and headed off with Lee Mein in search of riches in Las Vegas.

Day and Mein weren’t hoping to get rich at a blackjack table or to get hot on the craps table.

They were hunting for a job and had driven 19 hours nonstop with no guarantees of getting lucky.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/22/jason-days-big-gamble-pays-off-story-from-yahoo-sports/

Post #1   2/22/08 2:17:29PM   

Silent-Sir

MMA Regular

Silent-Sir Avatar

Career:196-156
Chips:
That's cool. I'd never heard that story before. I'll definitely be rooting for Day come April. I only live about 20 minutes from Lethbridge and used to train Muay Thai with Lee's brother.

I'll admit I wasn't overly impressed with Day's initial fights. But he has seriously improved his game and I think he has a decent shot at beating Belcher. He still has a ways to go before he's an elite level fighter but I have no doubt that he'll get there.

Post #2   2/22/08 4:09:15PM   

KingKash

MMA Regular

KingKash Avatar

Career:507-390
Camp: hot kASH
Chips:
That was a pretty good story, but why didn't Lee take his vehicle? I know that it is a little nicer than the VW that they took. I have to agree with you. Jason's first fights were not all that nice to watch, but he has improved a lot. The story about his stand up is true. I saw his first fight and it was quite the show to watch. I am just glad that he gets his chance to fight in the UFC and i hope that he wins or at least puts on a good showing.

Post #3   2/22/08 6:12:33PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
This is a greta story but its too bad he has his first fight against the talent. Who is on a roll. Belcher by TKO

Post #4   2/24/08 12:02:08AM