Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Keith Jardine vs. Wanderlei Silva

Print  
Who will win this fight?
Keith Jardine 23 22%
Wanderlei Silva 81 78%
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Bell rings, they both rush forward, Wanderlei can't pull the clinch because of height, weight, and strength advantage. Jardine by heavy hands round 1.

Given that Wandy has one of the best chins ever it could go to 3 rounds.

Post #31   2/21/08 10:50:36PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
am i the only one who is having the hardest time picking this fight? I will state my reasons for my confusion:

Jardine did lose to Alexander granted...but you could use the excuse of underestimating houston and also in that fight, jardine got careless after he rocked Houston and then got rocked himself. who knows if he would win a rematch but i would put money on it that he would. also, just because forrest wasn't "top 10" when he beat him doesn't make it any less of a win. if anything, it is more of a huge win, because the guy he pretty much schooled is getting a title shot which should speak to the skill of jardine. also, jardine did pick apart chuck liddell, granted it was after a KO loss and chuck seemed a little timid but nevertheless it was still a top quality win where he showcased his versatility and striking prowess.

Now, wandy is a dangerous opponent for anyone. yes, he is coming off of three straight losses, but imo that only makes him hungrier and more dangerous. he will not fear the KO anymore because he already had his wake up fight with liddell. imo, every fighter after being KOed is different the next time they fight, but then they get back to normal after a recovery fight. this happened with forrest, liddell, AA, CC, and i believe this happened to wandy as well. i think he will come out like the wandy we know and love, and that is why i have a hard time picking this. my theory says that he won't come out like he did against liddell and that he will throw more kicks and be more versatile, but i am not 100% sure on that. there are so many variables that will determine this fight that it is driving me crazy, and most of those variables rest with wandy.

i am going to sit on the fence on this one until i can gather enough information to sway myself one way or another, but until then i am just stuck. one side of me says jardine will pick wandy apart like he did against liddell, but the other side says that wandy has woken up and that he will be the one who will do the picking apart. i just can't decide. god bless you guys for being so decisive on this...i wish i could be.

Post #32   2/21/08 11:01:09PM   

MMALifer

Learning to Sprawl

Career:145-98
Chips:
I think Jardine wins by decision. He beat Chuck who beat Wandy. There is no reason to believe Jardine doesn't have a decent chance to win this fight.

Post #33   2/21/08 11:38:16PM   

LayinFrame

dont taze me bro.

LayinFrame Avatar

Career:118-108
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by MMALifer

I think Jardine wins by decision. He beat Chuck who beat Wandy. There is no reason to believe Jardine doesn't have a decent chance to win this fight.

watch your mmath, it might creep up on you....!!!

Post #34   2/21/08 11:41:17PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Just when I thought the UFC couldn't kiss Chucks behind anymore. This is obviously once again the UFC treating there fighters like crap. Jardine just beat Chuck and knocked out Forrest who's getting the next title shot. Now there giving him somebody losing 3 straight and somebody who Chuck just beat. They obviously want Wandy to get back to the PRIDE Wandy and KO Jardine so it looks more and more like Chuck actually deserves a title shot.

Complete BS. It should be a good fight though but a crappy way to treat Jardine by giving him this fight when he should be fighting Rampage. I will pick Jardine though because if freakin Liddell can pick Wandy apart, I'll give an even more technical striker who picked Chuck part a better chance to win.

Jardine by UD.

While i agree with what your saying, ive got to ask, what would you rather jardine did? sat around and waited for the jackson griffin fight, then mabeys got his shot in the winter, or fought some other good competition in between? Also, i dont know why you want to use this to have a dig at chuck. It might be argued keith has better technical striking, but it seems sombodys argues that case with whoever chuck fights, and i just dont agree with it. And hes got nowhere near as much power, so it should be easier for wandy to close the distance and get a clinch or takedown. I think you've got to remeber that keith also dropped fights to alexander and bonnar over the last 2 years, both of whom might not even be top 20.

Fight Machida with the winner getting the next title shot. He shouldn't have to fight Wandy. I'm a Wandy fan but I don't think he deserves this fight with 3 straight losses even though they were against elite competition but a loss is a loss. I just think Jardine is getting obviously mistreated. Yeah he took Houston lightly and paid for it but Forrest took him lightly and paid for it and so did Liddell. All the great fighters have done that and paid for it.

GSP is a great example. He got KO'd by a no name not even top 20 WW in Matt Serra and then beats Koscheck a top 10 and gets title shot(interim or not) next. He took Serra lightly and he was 2-1 in his last 3 fights before the Hughes 3rd fight. I think it should be a double standard for Jardine.

Post #35   2/21/08 11:58:57PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Hmm, your right, i wasnt even thinking about machida at the time with him fighting tito... the matches should definatly be the other way round with wandy vs tito and jardine vs machida for the no1 contender.

Post #36   2/22/08 8:07:09AM   

Fallen231

Learning to Sprawl

Fallen231 Avatar

Career:284-177
Camp: FightHard101
Chips:
Gotta go with Wanderlei He's going back to training with some of the guys that made him great in Pride (Shogun, "Dida", Ninja, and few other Chute Boe guys). Along with that he maybe going to the Neither Lands and training with probley thee greatest kick boxer of are era "Enesto Hoost!" Along with that he dusted off some of the "ring rust". He'll have this new training combined with some of the old, and some awesome training partners!

Not saying Jardine doesn't have a chance, but I just don't think with all that help that Wand is gonna get in the next few months, that he's going to be ready for him. I don't think Jardine has anybody to train with that is at the same level as Wand, and as you should know, the better the person you train with, the harder you are pushed. So's I personally right now Could see "Shogun and Wand come back with a vengeance!!!

WAR WAND!!!

Post #37   2/22/08 11:03:28AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Hi, I'm one of the nine people who actually thinks Jardine will win this fight. I will just say this, remember what happend last time everyone doubted Jardine when he fought Liddell? We all saw how that turned out. He beat Liddell, a guy who tuned Wandy up a couple months ago guys. Think about it. Jardine is the real deal people, we should stop underestimating him by now. Christ, he brutally knocked out the man currently in line for the next title shot.

MMATH doesn't work, just because Jardine beat Liddell doesn't mean he can beat Wanderlei it's all how they match up stylistically.

Post #38   2/22/08 11:26:12AM   

rob28yrs

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I'm picking Jardine on this fight! I love watching Wandi fight hes all excitment all the time, but Wandi had a hard time with Chucks reach. If Jardine keeps the distance and uses leg kicks he could win! If Wandi cloes the distance and its a slugg fest Jardine will be seeing stars, like when he was destoyed by Housto Alexzander. Wandi needs to utilize the clinch!

Post #39   2/22/08 11:35:54AM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,234-775
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Just when I thought the UFC couldn't kiss Chucks behind anymore. This is obviously once again the UFC treating there fighters like crap. Jardine just beat Chuck and knocked out Forrest who's getting the next title shot. Now there giving him somebody losing 3 straight and somebody who Chuck just beat. They obviously want Wandy to get back to the PRIDE Wandy and KO Jardine so it looks more and more like Chuck actually deserves a title shot.

Complete BS. It should be a good fight though but a crappy way to treat Jardine by giving him this fight when he should be fighting Rampage. I will pick Jardine though because if freakin Liddell can pick Wandy apart, I'll give an even more technical striker who picked Chuck part a better chance to win.]

Your talk of the UFC always favoring Chuck is just annoying. Just have fun with the Forum, every post i see from you is somehow bashing Chuck Lidell. Please just tone it down a little.

Last edited 2/22/08 3:22PM server time by hathcock32
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #40   2/22/08 3:21:37PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by Fallen231
I don't think Jardine has anybody to train with that is at the same level as Wand, and as you should know, the better the person you train with, the harder you are pushed. So's I personally right now Could see "Shogun and Wand come back with a vengeance!!!

WAR WAND!!!

Jackson's Camp....Nuf said.

Last edited 2/22/08 5:36PM server time by xxmalicexx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #41   2/22/08 5:36:08PM   

sillysnail

MMA Regular

Career:19-9
Chips:
i personally think this is a no brainer. 3 losses doesnt make silva any less dangerous. i forecast a very volatile silva will deliver a brutal victory over jardine.

Post #42   2/22/08 5:57:34PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Complete BS. It should be a good fight though but a crappy way to treat Jardine by giving him this fight when he should be fighting Rampage. I will pick Jardine though because if freakin Liddell can pick Wandy apart, I'll give an even more technical striker who picked Chuck part a better chance to win.

Your talk of the UFC always favoring Chuck is just annoying. Just have fun with the Forum, every post i see from you is somehow bashing Chuck Lidell. Please just tone it down a little.

I wasn't bashing Chuck. I said the UFC is kissing up to him. Even though it's obvious how I feel I didn't directly say "Chuck sucks" in the post.

Post #43   2/22/08 6:44:27PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by NatedawgThaM

THANK YOU! Somehow everything comes back to liddell and Dana to you. Did the war in iraq happen because of them too?!

Post #44   2/23/08 7:15:42PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
well if everyone is done pointing out the obvious hatred that NateDawg has for chuck, i would like to get back on topic...who else is having a hard time with this fight. i don't know how you guys can choose a winner so easily. in my above post i illustrated my points on my confusion. what makes it so easy for you guys to pick a winner, i would like to know (both arguments if you could).

Post #45   2/24/08 12:47:00AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4