Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kharitonov vs Yvel is off Pride 33 Card.

Print  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
"Dutch heavyweight Gilbert Yvel (Pictures) was denied a license to fight because of what Kizer called "inexcusable behavior" stemming for an incident in 2004 in which Yvel struck a referee in the ring. Had the the veteran fighter been granted a license, he would have likely fought on next week's PRIDE card in Las Vegas. "

Taken from Sherdog.
So since Yvel can't fight Sergei is screwed? Any bets you guys had on this fight will be nullified and returned your wagers.
The fight doesn't happen for a week so hopefully DSE will be able to come up with a replacement for Gilbert. I was looking forward to this fight personally. Sergei was gonna get back on his winning streak and it was gonna be a great stand up battle. And now it is off. Crappy deal.

Post #1   2/18/07 9:39:53AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Sucks.. planned on making some e-bucks on that fight.

Post #2   2/18/07 11:11:33AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
I heard about Yvel's licsense denial and I immediatly tried to think of who they could find as a last minute replacement.

I'm sure they could dig up a can like they did with butterbean, but I'd rather they just scrap the match altogether.

Post #3   2/18/07 11:27:46AM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
Yea I think Pride execs knew that Yvel could potentially lose his license to fight in Nevada due to the Ref Ko incident but Pride wanted to save face for Pride33 and pretend that all is ok. They were hoping that since the decision for Yvel's license was so close to the fight date, they might be able to keep Yvel on the card. I wonder if they'll cancel Karitonov's fight or find a replacement for the Ref puncher.

Post #4   2/18/07 1:38:29PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
If they thought that there was a chance that Yvel wouldn't be able to fight then they would have probably had a replacement lined up. But they might not have so Sergei might be fighting some random Can.

Post #5   2/18/07 3:27:24PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Yeah, discussing this with other dudes on forum, we couldn't come up with someone who could fight on short notice and not get his head kicked in by Sergei. Hopefully they line up someone that can at least take a punch so we don't end up with another Butterbean vs. Sean O'Haire.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   2/18/07 5:38:39PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I just hope that there is a fight. I hope it's a real legit fight. I would think that even if noone was told to be on standby one or two ppl must've been "told" there'd be a chance they could be asked. There always has to be that expectation in this sport.

Figure they left themselves short enough time the guy has to be under 35, so there's age limits. Location limits, at this point it almost has to be an american that already has nsac clearance to fight right now. (of course this all assumes there will be a short notice fight) Even if it's a can someone w/ better knowledge of the minors or free agents than me must be able to come up w/ something. I don't know who, but I hope there is a who. I'd almost think Barnett if he wasn't commentating....

Post #7   2/18/07 9:50:27PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

I just hope that there is a fight. I hope it's a real legit fight. I would think that even if noone was told to be on standby one or two ppl must've been "told" there'd be a chance they could be asked. There always has to be that expectation in this sport.

Figure they left themselves short enough time the guy has to be under 35, so there's age limits. Location limits, at this point it almost has to be an american that already has nsac clearance to fight right now. (of course this all assumes there will be a short notice fight) Even if it's a can someone w/ better knowledge of the minors or free agents than me must be able to come up w/ something. I don't know who, but I hope there is a who. I'd almost think Barnett if he wasn't commentating....

Well Trigg is fighting and commentating... so it could happen.

Post #8   2/18/07 9:53:24PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Posted by JimiMak

Well Trigg is fighting and commentating... so it could happen.

Is Trigg still doing both? I thought they scrapped that when they announced Barnett commentating, but I wasn't sure. Have you heard for sure?

Post #9   2/18/07 10:12:34PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Just speculating, but Rampage did commentary immediately after one of his fights, so if Trigg is up to it, maybe hes going to do the same.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #10   2/18/07 11:22:48PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Rampage should do commentary on every fight IMO. He's absolute comedy.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/19/07 12:13:56AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

I dont think so. I think DSE wants Sergei to win. Barnett would whoop him IMO. Besides on short notice i dont think Josh would want to fight him. just to much hassle and top level fighters dont step in with no training time. I think we might get Sean O'Haire..........again.

Post #12   2/19/07 8:55:52AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I don't know if this is true or not( the guy who posted it is usually reliable IMO) , but I read on Sherdog a guy stating he ran into Ruben "warpath" Villareal over the weekend, and he claimed to be a last minute replacement for someone on Pride 33. Since Warpath has a history of being the last minute replacement, I think it's actually kind of possible. Also, he usually makes the first round at least exciting, and has a good chin. Could be a good few minutes before he gasses.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   2/19/07 11:17:15AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I don't know if this is true or not( the guy who posted it is usually reliable IMO) , but I read on Sherdog a guy stating he ran into Ruben "warpath" Villareal over the weekend, and he claimed to be a last minute replacement for someone on Pride 33. Since Warpath has a history of being the last minute replacement, I think it's actually kind of possible. Also, he usually makes the first round at least exciting, and has a good chin. Could be a good few minutes before he gasses.

Hmmmm. Warpath against Kharitonov. Its one think to get your ass whooped by a old injured Bas Rutten. But a top of the Line HW like Sergei would take Ruben out in a second. I cant see this fight being back and forth at all. Most likley there is the chance that it will be a 1st round KO. If that happened i doubt that many more people would respect Kharitonov. I just hope that He gets back on the card, he hasnt had a good streak in a while.

Post #14   2/19/07 11:43:33AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Wow, thats not a good match up at all. Warpath can take a hit and all, but he loses to anyone with an ounce of skill, and Sergei certainly has skill. Oh well, it is a step above Sean O'Haire.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #15   2/19/07 11:05:38PM