Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

James Thompson's weekend with the WarWagon.

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

khoiler

Learning to Sprawl

khoiler Avatar

Career:618-347
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

The way JT treats his fans is exemplary. Marcus Davis also treats his fans well and is active on his forums. it is good to have athletes that respond to their fans, i also heard the joe lauzon is also very respectable and interacts with his fans a lot as well. however i have yet to see a fighter be as involved with his fans as JT and i wish you all, and him, the best.

Thanks for the kind words and it's great to see that fighters are reaching out to their fans instead of acting like prima donnas (I've had my share of disappointments from athletes from other sports).

Post #16   2/20/08 12:57:17AM   

drunkinirishdungeonmaster

Learning to Sprawl

drunkinirishdungeonmaster Avatar

Career:342-179
Chips:

The way JT treats his fans is exemplary. Marcus Davis also treats his fans well and is active on his forums. it is good to have athletes that respond to their fans, i also heard the joe lauzon is also very respectable and interacts with his fans a lot as well. however i have yet to see a fighter be as involved with his fans as JT and i wish you all, and him, the best.

It's strange, to log in, and find a new PM, from James

and what I don't get, is most people were like us, supporting their favorite fighter, till Sherdog took over, and sadly, this is becoming SD JR

like the Boon always says

~Long Live MMA

and PHUC ~Foz

Post #17   2/20/08 1:03:19AM   

Boondock

Learning to Sprawl

Boondock Avatar

Career:857-572
Chips:

Posted by drunkinirishdungeonmaster

It's strange, to log in, and find a new PM, from James

and what I don't get, is most people were like us, supporting their favorite fighter, till Sherdog took over, and sadly, this is becoming SD JR

like the Boon always says

~Long Live MMA

and PHUC ~Foz

You win.

Great post and you capture the essence of JT perfectly... other band wagons that have NO CONTACT WITH THE FIGHTER always perplex me.

Post #18   2/20/08 1:42:11AM   

Catharsis

Learning to Sprawl

Catharsis Avatar

Career:342-186
Chips:
Again... great stuff.

Last edited 2/20/08 2:07AM server time by Catharsis
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   2/20/08 2:06:37AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
JT is awesome and thats a good writeup so others who may not know can realise that fact, not only that but IMO he has more potential than Bisping to fly the flag for our country, he has all the raw tools he just needs to get a decent run going and a lil bit of luck would be nice as well!

Alright guys, damn eh, dunno what to say except im f***ing gutted.

Did you guys think it was an early stoppage? I know he went down quite badly like he was KO'd but he was only rocked (like he always is mind! i dont think he ever goes to sleep!) and the ref didnt give him a chance to recover, sure Rogers may have followed up and pounded him out but i just feel it was a lil bit early after watching the GIF of it several times - am i just being biased?

Think the ref was that Troy Waugh guy, if it had been Lavigne it would of carried on im sure

Being english JT has great bouncebackability, and im afraid for who he fights next!

Last edited 2/20/08 8:12AM server time by CornishMMA
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   2/20/08 8:09:01AM   

Martyr

Learning to Sprawl

Career:47-29
Chips:
Awesome. Much respect to Boon and Sub for representing and for supporting JT on all of our behalfs.

Post #21   2/20/08 3:37:07PM   

basbylivershot

Learning to Sprawl

basbylivershot Avatar

Career:828-450
Chips:
Great stuff! War JT

Post #22   2/23/08 6:50:25PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2