Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BREAKING NEWS: Heath Herring's UFC69 opponent( now confirmed)

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by SteedTheDeed

nothing with the hillbilly heartthrob is breaking news.

wow.. good contribution.. thank you so much for posting that

Post #16   2/19/07 8:51:01AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I duno about you guys but i can see thise being exactly like Imes vs Evans.
Heath won't be able to knock Brad out but will rock him a few times. Brad will probably push the pace but not be able to damage Herring.
I see this a win for Heath Herring by Uniamous Descision. and a pretty decent stand up just without KO's.
I dont think this is the right match up for Herring. If he loses this fight (which is very possible) it will be very hard to market him. He will have to fight a few no names to get his cred back.
But if Imes loses i don't see the UFC bringing him back soon. Then he will be 0-3 in the Octagon.

Post #17   2/19/07 9:00:46AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i dont agree that it will be like Evans/Imes...Evans didnt have the power to knock Imes out and Herring does

but i still think Herrings weakness was exposed with the O'Brien fight so if Imes is getting dominated Imes can take it down to the mat

i think its pretty much a coin flip match-up

Post #18   2/19/07 10:05:03AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
This is perfect! I was hoping the UFC would match these two up.

Post #19   2/19/07 10:40:43AM   

DirtySouthBoss

MMA Regular

DirtySouthBoss Avatar

Career:18-21
Chips:
If Herring loses his first two matches in a row it would be a huge dissapointment for the UFC and me.

I hope he didn't like that kiss soo much that he is more into loving than fighting

Post #20   2/19/07 12:59:32PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Confirmed noe from MMAfighting. com

Brad Imes-Heath Herring added to UFC 69: Shootout
By MMAFighting.com on February 19, 2007

Brad Imes will seek his first UFC win when he faces the experienced Heath Herring on April 7th at UFC 69.

Imes, 3-2, is returning to the UFC after a one-year absence stemming from injuries to his elbow and his nose, both, which required surgery.

Herring, 26-12-1, is coming off a disappointing UFC debut in which he lost a three-round decision to Jake O’Brien. Herring was said to have fought with a torn MCL.

The UFC 69: Shootout card is nearly complete. Roger Huerta, who defeated John Halverson earlier this month, still needs an opponent.

WW: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
WW: Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
HW: Brad Imes vs. Heath Herring
MW: Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
MW: Alan Belcher vs. Kendall Grove
WW: Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
MW: Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
WW: Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
LW: Roger Huerta vs. TBA

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #21   2/19/07 2:33:08PM   

unchillphil

MMA Regular

unchillphil Avatar

Career:2,278-1,250
Chips:
2 fighters who like to standup and have alot to prove in the UFC: who will win the battle of the Cowboy Hats?

From what I saw of Brad Imes, Heath Herring should take this easily. But if Imes improved and Heath is still on the downslope, then anything can happen.

Post #22   2/19/07 2:44:49PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2