Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Undisputed

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,649-1,474
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
For the second time in six months, the stage is set to definitively answer one of the fundamental questions burning in the collective minds of middleweight fight fans worldwide: who is the real champion?

At UFC 82, reigning UFC 185-lb champion Anderson Silva will face reigning PRIDE 183-lb champion Dan Henderson to end the debate, at least for now, as to who is the unchallenged ruler of the mixed martial arts middleweight kingdom.

Silva is on the verge of the most successful middleweight championship run in UFC history. His March 1 unification fight will be the third defense of his title. If successful, he will break his current tie with former champion Rich Franklin and set a new standard against which all future middleweight champions will be measured.

Henderson is the only 183-lb champion that PRIDE has ever known, winning the title by defeating Murilo Bustamante at PRIDE Shockwave 2005. Two years later, Hendo shocked the word by savagely knocking out then-205-lb champion Wanderlei Silva to become the only simultaneous two-division champion that the sport has ever known.

Link

Post #1   2/18/08 5:19:07PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
I can't wait for this fight. Definately a hard one to call but I'm gonna take Silva. I just hope it lives up to all the hype!

Post #2   2/18/08 5:52:38PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
How could Silva possibly win this? He won't sub Hendo, and he will not be able to stop the take downs.

Post #3   2/18/08 6:12:16PM