Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arnold Classic Officially Adds Amateur MMA

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The Arnold Classic, taking place in Columbus, Ohio from Feb. 29 through March 2, celebrates many forms of fitness and martial arts. This year will mark the debut of mixed martial arts at the expo, as an amateur event will take place and champions in multiple weight classes will be crowned.

Celebrating its 20th year anniversary, the Arnold Classic has always been a home to martial arts and with the growth of MMA throughout the world the amateur tournament this year is nothing short of historical.

Legendary martial artist Terrance “Tokey” Hill, who organizes and leads the charge for the martial arts portion of the Arnold Classic, lobbied to have MMA included in this year’s event and now it is a reality.

The event will run alongside many traditional martial arts programs at the Arnold Classic including Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, and San Shou. MMA will debut with an eight-man tournament represented by fighters and teams from across the world.

Link

Post #1   2/18/08 4:34:08PM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
yea...tokey came down and talked to us at hooks for books...a boxing event put on my mark frazie...im not completely sure but my brother might be fighting in it....he plans on turning pro in the next couple of months

Post #2   2/18/08 9:16:28PM   

fightdavejordan

MMA Regular

fightdavejordan Avatar

Career:208-139
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
yeal That al right man and the boy they seed that is going pro is my cousin

Post #3   2/19/08 9:52:09AM