Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Carano Unsure Of Next Fight

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
There have been rumors that EliteXC fighter and "American Gladiators" star Gina Carano could have her next fight on the EXC/Strikeforce joint event in March, but with American Gladiators picked up for another season Carano is now unsure when her next fight will be. If she's brought back for AG season 2, taping likely would be in March and April.

Article

Post #1   2/18/08 9:05:52AM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
I think riding the American Gladiators thing out for a while is going to be good for her career in the long run. I remember reading a while ago that she had like double the number of searches on yahoo of any other gladiator on the show. With popularity like that she could start headlinging EliteXC cards.

Post #2   2/18/08 10:03:26AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
She should stay there i think, people make out she is the best female fighter but far from it, she is just the hottest, by a long way

Post #3   2/18/08 11:02:44AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

She should stay there i think, people make out she is the best female fighter but far from it, she is just the hottest, by a long way

I agree that she's famous mostly because she's gorgeous, but I disagree that she should stick with being a Gladiator. I think she has a lot of potential as an MMA fighter, and I can't see how a longer layoff from fighting wouldn't hinder her career.

Post #4   2/18/08 12:31:11PM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,900-1,357
Chips:
Not sure who to agree or disagree with. But fact is that AG is very popular once again and is on NBC which is viewed by millions, where as StrikeForce/Elite is not. Carano is hot, good at MMA and was one of the better female Gladiators, so doing another season of AG will only help in the long run, until female MMA fighers are taken seriously and other promotions pick them up she should do what is best for her.

Post #5   2/18/08 1:54:17PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by BMF

Not sure who to agree or disagree with. But fact is that AG is very popular once again and is on NBC which is viewed by millions, where as StrikeForce/Elite is not. Carano is hot, good at MMA and was one of the better female Gladiators, so doing another season of AG will only help in the long run, until female MMA fighers are taken seriously and other promotions pick them up she should do what is best for her.

you gotta make that paper, after that you need to make a name. mma will only get bigger and bigger durring her the few months they tape AG, i just hope she remembers it won't be average joes across the cage from her next time she fights :D (though im sure she will)

Post #6   2/18/08 2:14:20PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
The article actually noted that part of Gina being on AG was to draw more attention to EXC and to promote her as a fighter. Although it means less MMA for her short-term, I think she's certainly succeeding in getting more fans than attention, thanks in no small part to her Joust skills. There's just the slightest bit of MMA in it too.

Post #7   2/18/08 4:22:12PM