Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Silva has XXXXL expectations

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Antonio Silva was making the point that he feels quicker and more athletic when he's small.

But to Silva, small is a relative term. Because at 6 feet, 4 inches, 260 pounds with a size-16 shoe and fists the size of ham hocks, Silva's small is most folks' XXXXL.

And there aren't as many guys of his size and his thickness who are able to do a cartwheel, as Silva is able to do. He tried one after a recent fight as a promise to his daughter, Anne, and it turned out to be a miserable failure.

He's about the size of 2½ gymnasts combined, but defending his less-than-artistic success by pointing out that "people were coming into the ring to congratulate me and I was trying to get it done too fast before I would hit anyone."

It may be promoter Gary Shaw who does a cartwheel tonight – or at least thinks of doing one – if Silva is able to impressively defeat Ricco Rodriguez on a Showtime-televised Elite XC card at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Fla.

Link

Post #1   2/16/08 12:34:58PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I'm rooting for Bigfoot to be an up and coming force in the HW division. So far he's been very impressive. I hope he continues to step his game up and makes some waves

Post #2   2/16/08 6:51:49PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
yeah i was watching the picture weigh in's and his hands are massive in comparison to his arms which arnt that small, but his hands are ridiculously big, way bigger than brocks or choi's hands

Post #3   2/16/08 7:30:14PM   

roger

Standup Guy

roger Avatar

Career:675-413
Chips:
he could have done alot better in that fight

Post #4   2/17/08 12:26:23AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
i like Big Foot. but his fight with Ricco was boring. & he almost lost too a TOTALLY OUTTA SHAPE Ricco. He needs to train a lot harder to be the best.

Post #5   2/17/08 9:06:41PM