Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

More on Mirko’s Departure: Emelianenko vs. Cro Cop II Now Possible

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
During today’s press conference to announce that Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic has left the UFC to fight for the new DREAM organization, the company’s executives announced that they had struck a deal with M-1 Global, which could mean a future bout between DREAM’s Filipovic and M-1 Global’s Fedor Emelianenko.

The news comes from Yahoo! Sports, a content-partner site of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

According to reporter Dave Meltzer, the two upstart organizations have signed a business deal — a move that could open the door for the promotions to share talent. Melzter said that Emelianenko (as well as free agent UFC hall-of-famer Royce Gracie) both appeared in videotaped messages saying they planned to compete for DREAM.

Link

Post #1   2/13/08 5:18:29PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
If Fedor defeats Cro Cop the second time around, he may earn a shot at fighting Gabriel Gonzaga next.

BTW am i the only one who cannot get enough of the M1-DREAM-Emelianenko Kool-Aid?

Last edited 2/13/08 5:29PM server time by silverbullet
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/13/08 5:27:24PM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

agreed

Post #3   2/13/08 5:38:27PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Yeah this will be a nice partnership, and will more then likely end up being no M-1.

Post #4   2/13/08 5:54:34PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
will be great for CC. IMO, CC has a great chance of beating Fedor this time around,

Post #5   2/13/08 6:04:01PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,944-989
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

will be great for CC. IMO, CC has a great chance of beating Fedor this time around,

If CC beat Fedor, i hope peoples will realize how Fedor is overrated !!

Post #6   2/13/08 6:07:56PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

And if Fedor beats Randy will people say that Randy was overrated?

Post #7   2/13/08 6:11:49PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

no because couture did not lose 2 fights in a row like CC did !!

If CC beat Fedor, we will all know that the UFC level is to high for both of them !!

Edit : this is my opinion and only my opinion, i have to say that because some guys are taking that as an ultimate truth .

Last edited 2/13/08 6:55PM server time by tuvok500

Post #8   2/13/08 6:15:03PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

cmon don't smear Randys name, hes a legend. and Fedor would get owned

Post #9   2/13/08 6:16:00PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

If CC beat Fedor, we will all know that the UFC level is to high for both of them !!

i guarantee there is someone in the UFC (Randy, GG, Kongo Primarily) that could beat Fedor. hes not god, he maybe a machine but not god. lol
also only 1 pride fighter really "Made it" in the UFC and thats Nog.

Rua, Wandy, Hendo, CC, all have losing records in the UFC

Last edited 2/13/08 6:21PM server time by rmfg_187
2 total post edits

Post #10   2/13/08 6:18:44PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

Sorry but thats a very moronic comment. Not calling you a moron but thats a dumb, dumb remark. Chuck lost two in a row, is the UFC becoming to tough for him? Won't have many who agree with that after his last fight, how about the fact that Fedor demolished the current UFC HW champ, years ago or not, eat your heart out. You've got others who did things like win the UFC HW championship and lost in when they wen't to Pride, so was the competition in pride to much for them? Cro Cop made a comfort decision, he didn't like the cage, he was way over confident and he didn't do well. Get over the fact that you like to smash Fedor at every turn, not everyone has to fight in the UFC. IMHO if Tim and AA leave the UFC's HW div is Nog, Herring, Kongo, Obrian, Lesnar, Mir and Vera(who may drop at some point). Sorry but that is a rediculous post man, even for you.

EDIT: I'm not even going to respond to your post RMFG, you know nothing of what your saying.

Last edited 2/13/08 6:24PM server time by cmill21

Post #11   2/13/08 6:23:42PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

Sorry but thats a very moronic comment. Not calling you a moron but thats a dumb, dumb remark. Chuck lost two in a row, is the UFC becoming to tough for him? Won't have many who agree with that after his last fight, how about the fact that Fedor demolished the current UFC HW champ, years ago or not, eat your heart out. You've got others who did things like win the UFC HW championship and lost in when they wen't to Pride, so was the competition in pride to much for them? Cro Cop made a comfort decision, he didn't like the cage, he was way over confident and he didn't do well. Get over the fact that you like to smash Fedor at every turn, not everyone has to fight in the UFC. IMHO if Tim and AA leave the UFC's HW div is Nog, Herring, Kongo, Obrian, Lesnar, Mir and Vera(who may drop at some point). Sorry but that is a rediculous post man, even for you.

EDIT: I'm not even going to respond to your post RMFG, you know nothing of what your saying.

Bla Bla bla , you can call me whatever you want dude, i know what kind of guy you are.

CC go out to fight easier competition, face it man !!

Post #12   2/13/08 6:33:20PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Well if you didn't realize all you did there was MMA math...which you should know is very very inaccurate.

Post #13   2/13/08 6:35:53PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Typical replies from members of the same camp (take out Juanez, he seems like the only one who makes reasonable comments) the same story, bashing the same fighters and making nonsense biased analyses to "demostrate" how X or Y fighters are overrated or whatever (e.g.Biased: the man who swept the floor with the actual UFC I-Champ. is overrated, Nonsense: based on their well hugged "rankings" the guy who is #1 p4p is not #1 in his division)

From the topic, I dont see this fight happening right away. By the end of 2008 maybe.

Post #14   2/13/08 6:37:01PM   

vuthe32

Learning to Sprawl

vuthe32 Avatar

Career:422-265
Camp: VUCORP & Sons
Chips:
dude.. another MMA org? ******* sweet.

that means more MMA orgs equals more MMA matches.. mean more MMA fans. its a win win win situation. c'mon.. quit w/ the elitist shit.. its getting old

Post #15   2/13/08 6:37:23PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4