Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arlovski's next fight: The deal breaker

Print  
What's next for Arlovski?
He wins and gets the contract he wants 30 42%
He wins but leaves due to Dana's stubbornness. 28 39%
He loses and concedes to the UFC's demands 0 0%
He loses and leaves because he doesn't get the contract he wants 13 18%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Arlovski is going to lose and then he's going to leave. He does not want to get hit anymore and with his aggressive winning style, it requires you to get hit which is what he does not want. He knows he has a bad chin so he's not willing to take the risk anymore.

Whether you like it or not, Jake O'Brien is who will make this an exciting fight. He's the one doing all the action. He's a wrestler so he's naturally better with take downs with Werdum. So I see Jake getting the takedown and GNPing for 3 rounds, then AA will leave from that embarrassing loss in the Prelims.

I can actually appreciate the art of GNP. I enjoy watching a Tito Ortiz, Kevin Randleman, sometimes Sean Sherk type of fight when they actually strike. I thought the Heath Herring fight was exciting because he kept punching so as long as he can repeat that, it will be a good fight. I just hope he does not do a Rashad Evans and just take him down and control him hips for three rounds.

WAR GNP!!

Post #16   2/10/08 1:53:43PM   

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
Arlovski will not lose this fight no matter what this fight kind of reminds me of Liddell vs Silva in the way that if chuck had of lost he would of been in trouble with two dissapointing losses in a row and if arlovski loses he might be out after two lacluster fights so this fight is going to be very intriuging for me

Post #17   2/10/08 2:28:24PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i see him leaving if he loses now if he comes and knocks him out in the first round i will be intriqued to see what happens, obrien is good but he hasn't fought in a year or so he will have cage rust, wish it was live, but i hope they bust out a deal before the fight happens

Post #18   2/10/08 4:50:56PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
I hope AA doesnt leave. He is one of my favorite fighters and it would be ashame for him to fight any place other than the ufc

Post #19   2/10/08 6:05:13PM   

garrick

MMA Regular

garrick Avatar

Career:222-122
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
I hope he wins and stays. I would like to see him come back to his former glory.

Post #20   2/11/08 9:59:28AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
I don't know i could see the LNP come into this fight but it might never get there to be honest. Jake had great take downs but hes coming off a serious back injury and many thought it was going to end his career. I think Jake will be a little tenitive in his takedowns and we will see AA work his stand up for the TKO/KO. I just don't see Jake being able to keep AA down for three rounds.

I think Jakes back is still going to be a problem and AA is still AA.Granted Jake is one heck of a wrestler i still think his back is not 100% no matter what anyone says including Jake himself.

Post #21   2/11/08 11:23:37AM   

LuketheDuke

Barred from Forum

LuketheDuke Avatar

Career:1,043-603
Camp: Jersey Ave Camp
Chips:
arlovski needs to win this fight. i cant see obrien winning unless by a boring decision. arlovskis ground game is underrated imo. i think he could possibly pull of a submission if obrien makes a mistake. arlovski is only known for his striking (with the exception of the achilles lock on sylvia) and people tend to underestimate his ground game. this may be a repeat of mir-lesnar. . .

Post #22   2/11/08 4:05:07PM   

jrmmaclassics

MMA Regular

jrmmaclassics Avatar

Career:37-18
Chips:
Think that AA is in a bind, he needs to go back to his knockout mentality for this fight. With a great performance he will get the chance to become a top heavyweight contender and a better contract. He is still a great draw in the Heavyweight division I think. With a a boring decision or a loss and his stock plummets and he is force to go elsewhere for the type of money that fits his lifestyle. Would hate to see him leave but also do not like to see fighters who play it safe.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #23   2/11/08 4:23:45PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

I don't know i could see the LNP come into this fight but it might never get there to be honest. Jake had great take downs but hes coming off a serious back injury and many thought it was going to end his career. I think Jake will be a little tenitive in his takedowns and we will see AA work his stand up for the TKO/KO. I just don't see Jake being able to keep AA down for three rounds.

I think Jakes back is still going to be a problem and AA is still AA.Granted Jake is one heck of a wrestler i still think his back is not 100% no matter what anyone says including Jake himself.

did not even realize anything about his back. i am going to add this into my factors regarding this fight and will now reconsider my pick. if his back is fine then i see him controlling AA, but if he is not healthy than it is hard for me to pick him to win against a top HW.

Post #24   2/11/08 7:53:47PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,394-765
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

i think ive stated this before but...

I see arlovski leaving the ufc regardless of what happens in the fight. I believe they stalled him for so long in an attempt to get him to re-sign, he didnt & now the contract is about to expire so they give him his last fight.

I don't know why everyone still thinks the UFC was stalling. It was said by AA's own management that the delay had nothing to do with the UFC or contract negotiations it was just due to fighters getting injured.

Post #25   2/12/08 1:02:22AM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by Pookie

i think ive stated this before but...

I see arlovski leaving the ufc regardless of what happens in the fight. I believe they stalled him for so long in an attempt to get him to re-sign, he didnt & now the contract is about to expire so they give him his last fight.

I don't know why everyone still thinks the UFC was stalling. It was said by AA's own management that the delay had nothing to do with the UFC or contract negotiations it was just due to fighters getting injured.

thats why arlovski wasnt fighting? an injury, if so that explains alot right there

Post #26   2/12/08 1:06:56AM   

sinister_16

Banned

Career:36-34
Chips:
they need to get old news off of this site

Post #27   4/10/08 9:22:32AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2