Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Goldberg trains with Kimbo

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Interesting video. Kimbo is looking in shape for this too, really hope Tank has been training at least half as hard, but I kinda doubt it. Should be a good fight and I hope it goes past round one at least so we can get a better look at what Bas has been able to do with Kimbo.

Link

Post #1   2/9/08 8:03:35PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,686-1,525
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
goldberg is such a dope once his mouth opens, but i giuve him credit for going in there and busting his hump. kimbo looks good, not much else to say, but i havent seen him take one on the chops from anyone like tank before so i still have a little doubt in my head about him. still i have a tough time picking against him at this point, if/when he faces bigfoot, then we'll really see where hes at.

Post #2   2/9/08 8:13:25PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
lol at the end goldburg says, "see ya wouldnt wanna be ya......tank"

Post #3   2/9/08 8:34:35PM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
tank can knock out anyone if he hits him flush but i think kimbo's got plenty of whiskers. i saw this one video, and i dont remember exactly, but essentially kimbo drops his hand and lets this big dude take a crack at him saying somehting like "at least hit me once". the guy cracks him and it doesnt look like he did anything other than break his hand as it has no visible affect on kimbo. two things that i know about kimbo are he can punch and take a punch. whether he can compete past the bottom rungs of mma remains to be seen.

Post #4   2/10/08 9:04:57AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I'm pretty confident that Kimbo will demolish Tank. Kimbo, imo has better boxing, better footwork, better trainers and trains probably a hell of a lot harder than Tank does.

Goldberg is awesome too, major props to him, 99% of guys would be too insecure to get in there and train with a prefight training team, Goldberg hung with them and let it be filmed. A total badass in his own right.

Post #5   2/10/08 11:09:31AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by jomatty

tank can knock out anyone if he hits him flush but i think kimbo's got plenty of whiskers. i saw this one video, and i dont remember exactly, but essentially kimbo drops his hand and lets this big dude take a crack at him saying somehting like "at least hit me once". the guy cracks him and it doesnt look like he did anything other than break his hand as it has no visible affect on kimbo. two things that i know about kimbo are he can punch and take a punch. whether he can compete past the bottom rungs of mma remains to be seen.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the abilities of a guy in a youtube video. There have always been allegations of Kimbo's street opponents being handpicked for him to win. Also, I wonder how much power the guy would have after taking the beating he did prior to getting the free shot, and finally, that bum off the street (I'm sure) can't hit as hard as Tank.

Post #6   2/10/08 11:26:02AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I know Kimbo is a name alot of ppl know but why not pump up Big Foot as the best HW in the world and pump up sheilds and Diaz. Not some guy that if you put him in witha top 10 guy he would get crushed. I understand Elite trying to start a buzz I just think Kimbo in the end is going to be a let down for them.

Post #7   2/10/08 2:03:02PM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
Let down or not, either way he's gonna beat Tank. Tank is useless and doesn't take the fight game seriously that I've ever seen. Kimbo from everything I've seen is taking it pretty serious. Shit, all he has to do is let Tank swing for a minute and then he's gased out and you can finish him however the hell you want.

Post #8   2/11/08 9:25:42AM   

garrick

MMA Regular

garrick Avatar

Career:222-122
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
nice. go goldberg.

Post #9   2/11/08 10:01:11AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
UFC 86 Lesnar vs Goldberg

Post #10   2/11/08 1:25:10PM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by jomatty

I wouldn't put too much stock into the abilities of a guy in a youtube video. There have always been allegations of Kimbo's street opponents being handpicked for him to win. Also, I wonder how much power the guy would have after taking the beating he did prior to getting the free shot, and finally, that bum off the street (I'm sure) can't hit as hard as Tank.

im not saying that this guy was any great fighter, but he still was a big dude who appeared t be able to punch, and most guys when they get hit by a decent shot from a big dude are going to show something. it doesnt prove that he has a great chin or anything but it lends a little credence to the notion, and is at least a little something to go on. and i never made any comment that would lead anyone to believe that i thought this guy hit as hard as tank which you seem to allude to. in fact i specifically said that tank could knock him or anyone out if he caught him with a good shot. the problem is he is very rarely going to catch even a mid tier fighter,and i dont think bas would be wasting his time if kimbo didnt have a lot of potential and wasnt already at least a middle level guy.

Post #11   2/12/08 12:39:14PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by postman

I know Kimbo is a name alot of ppl know but why not pump up Big Foot as the best HW in the world and pump up sheilds and Diaz. Not some guy that if you put him in witha top 10 guy he would get crushed. I understand Elite trying to start a buzz I just think Kimbo in the end is going to be a let down for them.

The same reason, Brock was hyped up for the last UFC... He lost and all, but still sold tickets/PPV's... So I guess it's not much of a letdown if they are just looking to get the young company some exposure

Post #12   2/12/08 1:21:21PM   

skinnator

Standup Guy

skinnator Avatar

Career:94-81
Chips:
We saw Goldberg train. Do you think he can maybe fight in the UFC. I mean everybody can except Rey Mysterio in the WWE

Post #13   3/21/08 12:02:59AM   

F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Banned

Career:340-195
Chips:
I would sell my car to get front row tickets to see a Goldberg vs. Cro Cop match.

...I own a beat down Ford Pinto.

Post #14   3/21/08 10:58:46PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
why would u dig up this thread other than to say thatCC would kill goldberg. Really is that a big suprise to anyone. Not me if you have somthing to say about Cro cop then put it in a new thread......there are a lot fo them about CC since his Dream activity

Post #15   3/22/08 1:45:44AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2