Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko Pens Open Letter to Dana White

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Saying he will no longer permit Dana White to disparage him, former PRIDE heavyweight champion and famed Russian fighter Fedor Emelianenko has fired back and penned an open letter to the UFC’s head president and challenged him to allow a fight with UFC heavyweight champ Randy Couture or interim champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Link

Post #1   2/8/08 5:29:09PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Even as a Fedor nut-hugger, I had to chuckle that he would even mention Choi. But everything else he said was good though.

In the future I wouldn’t want to hear those statements in my address ever again and I won’t tolerate that.

He sounds pissed!! Dana better hire some security

Post #2   2/8/08 5:45:26PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Yeah, his last fight proved that he was ready to fight anybody, i really mean ANYBODY !!

Fedor must feel bad now that he have signed with an organization who are not able to have a tv deal in japan without K-1 and who will have their future event ( if it happen 1 day ) on hdnet, a channel that i have but i am pretty sure that less that 5% of the peoples in America have it.

Fedor is challenging the UFC fighters but when he was having an offer of 1 million per fight just by signing a contract he declined , so...

but i understand the part that he complain about the bashing, i think Dana have talked enough about this guy and should just concentrate on his fighters in the UFC.

Last edited 2/8/08 5:48PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   2/8/08 5:46:56PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Yeah, his last fight proved that he was ready to fight anybody, i really mean ANYBODY !!

Fedor must feel bad now that he have signed with an organization who are not able to have a tv deal in japan without K-1 and who will have their future event ( if it happen 1 day ) on hdnet, a channel that i have but i am pretty sure that less that 5% of the peoples in America have it.

Fedor is challenging the UFC fighters but when he was having an offer of 1 million per fight just by signing a contract he declined , so...

but i understand the part that he complain about the bashing, i think Dana have talked enough about this guy and should just concentrate on his fighters in the UFC.

I think he's just saying that if Dana's so concerend about who he's fighting then he should feed him one of his HW champs. If it was most people who Dana said those things about they would have said alot of terrible things back but Fedor's to respectful.

Post #4   2/8/08 5:53:14PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Would you sign this??

Without the UFC's pre-approval, he:
- Can't give ANY interviews
- Can't appear in TV or film
- Can't do any sponsorships or advertisement
Additionally:
- No Sambo
- He can be released if he loses one fight
- He had to fight 8 times in two years
- If he is undefeated at the end of his contract, he gets automatically extended for an UNSPECIFIED amount of time, at the SAME compensation
So basically he can never leave unless he loses. And no bump in pay unless Lord Dana fells like it. The UFC talked down and disrespectfully to his agents Both publicly, and according to Fedor, privately as well. Additionally, they had come to terms and had a verbal agreement, only to receive a totally different contract in the mail.

Post #5   2/8/08 5:55:20PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by tuvok500

Would you sign this??

Additionally:
- No Sambo
- If he is undefeated at the end of his contract, he gets automatically extended for an UNSPECIFIED amount of time, at the SAME compensation
So basically he can never leave unless he loses. And no bump in pay unless Lord Dana fells like it. The UFC talked down and disrespectfully to his agents Both publicly, and according to Fedor, privately as well. Additionally, they had come to terms and had a verbal agreement, only to receive a totally different contract in the mail.

Yes that should be known as the "Cro Cop & Randy" contract. They realized that Fedor would either be a huuuuuuge success or a huuuuge bust and wanted protection from both. It was a good idea and I see why they'd do it but to be pissed because someone woulden't sign that is a bit rediculous.

Post #6   2/8/08 6:01:58PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by tuvok500

Would you sign this??

Additionally:
- No Sambo

Well, yes because in fact this is not that strict.
fighter can give interview even on HDNET, i mean Liddell and some other are sometime on insideMMA and i don't think Liddell have been banned by Dana for that, the only thing is that he probably told to Dana that he was going to the show and normally unless the show is basshing on the UFC non stop , there are no problem.

Also, Huerta gave an interview live on HDNET fight, don't remember what was the name of the event but he was speaking live about his next fight with guida and etc..

If you really want to see a strict contract, try to find a NFL player contract and man you will understand that compare to the NFL, the UFC are very relax about their fighters !!
I think it was more a cultural difference between the American way and the Russian way to see thinks. Fedor wanted to have a special contract when he was allowed to fight somewhere else, something that nobody under contract with the UFC have and Dana was not ready to give him that .

Last edited 2/8/08 6:16PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #7   2/8/08 6:09:06PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Yes that should be known as the "Cro Cop & Randy" contract. They realized that Fedor would either be a huuuuuuge success or a huuuuge bust and wanted protection from both. It was a good idea and I see why they'd do it but to be pissed because someone woulden't sign that is a bit rediculous.

I understand the need to protect themselves, but same pay scale after 8 victories and indefinite extension?? Come on, after 8 wins, everyone deserves the chance to renegotiate or walk away

Post #8   2/8/08 6:09:31PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by cmill21

I understand the need to protect themselves, but same pay scale after 8 victories and indefinite extension?? Come on, after 8 wins, everyone deserves the chance to renegotiate or walk away

Oh no I totally agree that contract was rediculous. Oh and to tuvok, not everyone has the same contract...

Post #9   2/8/08 6:15:10PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,512-1,449
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
surprising that fedor would fire back, he doesnt seem like the type to let things get under his skin but everybody has their limit. you know danas loving this because in making those comments he wanted to get a rise out of fedor and now hes done it.

Post #10   2/8/08 6:55:26PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

surprising that fedor would fire back, he doesnt seem like the type to let things get under his skin but everybody has their limit. you know danas loving this because in making those comments he wanted to get a rise out of fedor and now hes done it.

Kinda like the bully in grade school eh? lol

Post #11   2/8/08 7:07:03PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Fedor did the right thing for him, if the "fans" think that was a bad move that is on their side, if and he deserves to be dropped in the rankings because lack of competition and bla bla bla bla....well do it, I dont think he cares, he has proven to be the best so far......... recent fights against bad competition?... just a quick reminder.. M-1 just started they're still building their roster they signed Fedor and the only thing they had at the moment was Choi...well sell your company's 1st event with Fedor face.

Dana doesn't want to co-promote something with M-1 to make the Couture-Fedor fight and people defend him as a "smart business man" on the other hand Fedor resign the offer made because he thought the agreements weren't good for him and people start calling him "stupid", "coward" etc. Don't you think he's kind of doing the same thing? Exactly, getting what is better for him. Analogy: Do you think Alex Rodriguez would be playing for the Yankees if some league from other country would have offered him twice the money he's earning?

The $$ offered to Fedor was good but those contract agreements (as presented by Manfred) totally overcome the amount of $$$. The UFC admin. had nothing to lose signing Fedor without those strict restrictions. An event with Fedor-Couture as the main event would have break all the records (attendance, PPV, sponsorship $$ and tickets). It was a win-win situation that they missed.

Last edited 2/8/08 7:10PM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: sorry about spelling and grammar

Post #12   2/8/08 7:09:11PM   

jrmmaclassics

MMA Regular

jrmmaclassics Avatar

Career:37-18
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by cowcatcher

Kinda like the bully in grade school eh? lol

This might be a case of loyalty over pay, Fedor was loyal to stay with a company that respects what he has done as a fighter. Most of the true champion would rather fight for someone who respects them then for someone who owns them. Be ready to see more fighters stand up against the UFC and it's disrespect for it's fighters.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #13   2/8/08 7:41:07PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jrmmaclassics

This might be a case of loyalty over pay, Fedor was loyal to stay with a company that respects what he has done as a fighter. Most of the true champion would rather fight for someone who respects them then for someone who owns them. Be ready to see more fighters stand up against the UFC and it's disrespect for it's fighters.

It's too early to tell, but the tide might just roll that way. If they lose AA and Timmah to M-1 it'll be a huge loss to the UFC. Not because AA or Timmah are great draw or anything, just because they lost them. Add some some of the other free agents out there and M-1 would have just as solid a HW roster as the UFC. (Hunt, Sergei, Monson, Rizzo, Aleks, Fedor, AA, Timmah, and Randy would make a pretty stacked div.)

Post #14   2/8/08 8:17:06PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Now THIS is a new step to making the fight happen

Post #15   2/8/08 8:18:54PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4