Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Does Tim Sylvia like being Hated???

Print  
Do you hate Tim Sylvia?
Yesss! I hope he gets KTFO soon! 19 35%
Yes...a little bit 10 19%
No Way...I love the guy!! 5 9%
No..he's alright 14 26%
I dont really care... 6 11%
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

The question in the thread title and the poll question are totally different and the first one doesn't make sense at all.
Seriously, who likes being hated!?!??!!??! Nobody.

The result of the poll question might look different to the same earlier polls because those polls were likely made on sherdog.net where there are far more posters and especially many more uneducated posters.

There are some great fans there but IMO most of the people who signed up here care and know about the sport. Not as many "tuffers" and immature pricks around here.... yet. I'm sure as soon as this site gets as big as sherdog.net we'll get those pricks too.

btw. I don't like Tim Sylvia and want him to lose. He's a great fighter and doesn't seem to be jerk in real life but there's just something about him. I don't like him.

lol people get hunches on people it happens all the time, doesn't mean noone has respect for them.

there's definately nowhere near as many fools in these forums, yet.

Post #46   2/20/07 7:34:30PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
hey. does anyone besides me think that OB_Juan works for Tim. hes a pretty Sylvia good image consultant.

Post #47   2/20/07 10:29:34PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I don't really hate tim, but I don't care for him much either, however I don't like the fact that he called out Fedor and Jerome lebannar and then when given the chance backed out. I mean, if he honestly thinks and believes he is the best then go out and prove you are the best.

other than that he's a really nice guy in real life ( the infamous blind date episode) and Im sure I wouldnt mind hangin out with the giant goofball. I really want Randy to win so Tim will step up his game but in the back of my head, I'm afraid that Mirko will completely demolish Randy in a title match...so I'd rather see big Tim get chopped down via legkicks..sorry Timmy.

Post #48   2/21/07 5:00:37AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
He never backed out of, or turned down a fight with Fedor. ( Although I think Fedor would wup him) It was a pride offical makin the claim. I would never trust a official of UFC or Pride when trying to hype a fight( It was right before the first US pride show when he made this claim) . As for Lebanner, Lebanner called him out( although not in a mean way, just said he would like to fight him), and Tim talked crap back. Then Lebanner blasted him. I can't beleive I'm actually in a spot where I feel the need to defend Sylvia, God help me

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #49   2/21/07 5:13:04AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

He never backed out of, or turned down a fight with Fedor. ( Although I think Fedor would wup him) It was a pride offical makin the claim. I would never trust a official of UFC or Pride when trying to hype a fight( It was right before the first US pride show when he made this claim) . As for Lebanner, Lebanner called him out( although not in a mean way, just said he would like to fight him), and Tim talked crap back. Then Lebanner blasted him. I can't beleive I'm actually in a spot where I feel the need to defend Sylvia, God help me

leave the defending of Sylvia to OB_Juan

Post #50   2/21/07 12:20:02PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

hey. does anyone besides me think that OB_Juan works for Tim. hes a pretty Sylvia good image consultant.

He must work really F*cking Hard

Post #51   2/21/07 2:03:07PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Hi, Tim doesn't like being hated, infact i reckon he cant understand why he's hated so much considering he's the champ. I think the fans dont like the guy coz his last few fights were crap. He always say's how he's gonna K.O every opponent, then ends up going to decisions to earn unconvincing wins. If he beats randy i think the fans will hate him even more. He's defenately not legend material as none of his fights are memorable, apart from the two he lost, Mir/Arlovski.
Wont be long til Crocop K.o's him anyway !!

I am the giant killer with a win over emanuelle yarborough !!!!

Post #52   2/21/07 4:51:58PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
how that i saw UFN 3 with Tim vs Silva again........why cant Tim be like that?...from saying "arlovski did great" in his first loss,but then later said "he got lucky" after HE got lucky and caught him the second time

as soon as he got that belt his additude totally changed and sucks.....

he should crap his pants more often...makes him a better man and more entertaining fighter

Post #53   2/22/07 7:36:46AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Hi, Tim doesn't like being hated, infact i reckon he cant understand why he's hated so much considering he's the champ. I think the fans dont like the guy coz his last few fights were crap. He always say's how he's gonna K.O every opponent, then ends up going to decisions to earn unconvincing wins.

Bingo. Fighting with the squirts was the worse thing that ever happen to him, because he realized he could win a fight without finishing it. No risk on his part, just throw a few jabs and wait 15 minutes.

Last edited 2/22/07 8:13AM server time by Ydoc
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #54   2/22/07 8:12:52AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by keith-hackney1

Hi, Tim doesn't like being hated, infact i reckon he cant understand why he's hated so much considering he's the champ. I think the fans dont like the guy coz his last few fights were crap. He always say's how he's gonna K.O every opponent, then ends up going to decisions to earn unconvincing wins.

Bingo. Fighting with the squirts was the worse thing that ever happen to him, because he realized he could win a fight without finishing it. No risk on his part, just throw a few jabs and wait 15 minutes.

Yeah i watched the first round of that fight when i came home from work. Wow that got tiring. A Lot of Stalling by Silva. I think Tim realzied he could win a round by working just a little bit more than the other guy. Instead of working a hell of a lot harder and finishing him.

This is the Tim everyone wants to see.
The Trauma Telegram .

Post #55   2/22/07 8:40:12AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4