Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Does Tim Sylvia like being Hated???

Print  
Do you hate Tim Sylvia?
Yesss! I hope he gets KTFO soon! 19 35%
Yes...a little bit 10 19%
No Way...I love the guy!! 5 9%
No..he's alright 14 26%
I dont really care... 6 11%
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

tims fan appreciation is in increments/waves...2 months ago about 90% would have said they'd love to see him get KTFO.. now ppl are startin to appreciate his skill..early in his career everyone thought he was a monster, we'll see how he performs in the couture fight to see peoples next feeling about tim

dude...appreciaing his skill has nothing to do with it....i think he has good skills,but i still wanna see him get KTFO...

Post #31   2/20/07 3:00:21PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
BTW, I've interviewed Tim over the phone twice now for www.bloodyknux.com . Once before Telligman and then after winning back the belt from Andre. Both times he was very friendly and super cool. The second time he was even in the middle of dining out (he ordered his steak while we were on the phone) but the new UFC champ still took time to chat w/ some fans. We joked around, I teased him about losing money on him to Mir (which is true). We talked motorcycles and whatnot. He's really just an ordinary guy in an extraordinary position.

So for all of you saying he doesn't have any class or whatever, I can fully disagree first hand. Tim is a very down to earth guy who happens to love fighting and absolutely relishes being the UFC HW champ. Don't let the camera image or TV persona fool you.

Last edited 2/20/07 3:15PM server time by OB_Juan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #32   2/20/07 3:14:37PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by OB_Juan

Tim was very hungry for that belt and was knocking people out all day long. Then once he got the belt back he was fighting just to keep it, not to entertain. He lost the title once and didn't want it to happen again. I think Randy made a mistake by re-lighting the fire under Tim's ass.

1st - its not that tim likes being hated, he simply doesnt care what people think of him (fighters or fans),
2nd - he talks himself up to be the best fighter out there (when talking about the randy fight did you here him say he was a harder, faster,better striker that chuck)
3rd - like you said, hes been fighting just to keep the belt which is why hes low on the rankings.
4th - randy probably did light a fire but i dont know if it will make a difference. if he can avoid the heavy punches and keep the takedown pressure on him (AA & monson didnt) maybe he can wear tim down.

do you think if it drags out to a decision and hes defensive and not aggresive that the judges will go randys way (you know hes gonna be aggressive the whole fight.)

last ? can randy take him down easily and/or is he strong enough to keep tim down long enough to ground & pound & look for a submission?

I'm not sure what your point is here but if you're picking Randy then I'll be happy to do some wagering w/ you once I get some funds freed up this weekend.

I think you're wrong on your first 2 points. Tim DOES care what the fans think. Look at him post Monson fight. He was totally bummed out by their response. And pretty much ALL fighters have to talk themselves up in one way or another. How many fighters would be successful if they weren't confident? They all do it in different ways. And I happen to agree that Tim does in fact hit harder and I think his boxing is more technical than Chuck's looping counter punching. Faster than Chuck? No.

But if Tim does hurt an opponent he's on top of them finishing immediately, usually that is. IMO Tim should have finished Monson in the first 2 rounds, but then I also think Chuck should have finished Horn in rd 1.

yeah, im going with randy.
i understand your counter point. i know he cares about the fans. i guess what i should have said was the way hes fought the last 2 fights hasnt been very fan friendly to watch. and yes, theyre all confident, but again, i was basing my comment on how great he thinks he is while fighting so timid those 2 fights. is he a harder striker because of skill or arm strength or is it because of his size, weight & leverage advantage. im not very well versed in the art of technical boxing so do i assume you mean that tim takes the boxing to his opponent and check counters his opponents boxing. i also assume chucks hand speed is faster because of the size difference (not as much weight to carry around)

i agree, how could he not finish horn. dont you think theyre pretty even when it comes to pouncing on their opponent after a knockdown. i think theyre both pretty scary there. i guess that also where i understand your point about tim hitting harder.

Post #33   2/20/07 3:28:00PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I dont think its that he likes to be hated but rather his attitude is getting over the top and kinda outta contorl. Look at other TOp HWs like Fedor and Cro Cop they dont talk shit. Hell Cro Cop wont even talk after a win.

Post #34   2/20/07 3:38:24PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

I dont think its that he likes to be hated but rather his attitude is getting over the top and kinda outta contorl. Look at other TOp HWs like Fedor and Cro Cop they dont talk shit. Hell Cro Cop wont even talk after a win.

Post #35   2/20/07 3:41:58PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

BTW, I've interviewed Tim over the phone twice now for www.bloodyknux.com . Once before Telligman and then after winning back the belt from Andre. Both times he was very friendly and super cool. The second time he was even in the middle of dining out (he ordered his steak while we were on the phone) but the new UFC champ still took time to chat w/ some fans. We joked around, I teased him about losing money on him to Mir (which is true). We talked motorcycles and whatnot. He's really just an ordinary guy in an extraordinary position.

So for all of you saying he doesn't have any class or whatever, I can fully disagree first hand. Tim is a very down to earth guy who happens to love fighting and absolutely relishes being the UFC HW champ. Don't let the camera image or TV persona fool you.

well....we all dont talk to him on the phone and who cares how he is behind the cameras..he can be the same way on camera if he wanted too..he is the total opposit of how a champ should act

if he wants to play the bad guy on camera to sell fights or whatever,then stick to that..(how tito did)....dont talk shit then come out crying after a fight.....dont talk shit then come out saying "i dont know what i have to do to get peoples respect"............i just think he's fake.....he thinks hes talking to retards on post fight interviews.."im disappointed...i was trying to finish him"...yea right...disappointed my ass...you're happy as hell you won that desicion...and we all know you wernt trying to finish shit

i even hate the way he thanks his sponsers.....he can sneak in a better line than
"thanks to xyience,my conditioning is so much better, i can go 5 5 min rounds no problem"

Post #36   2/20/07 3:54:14PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Except People liked TITO

Post #37   2/20/07 3:58:28PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
i think tim has just gotten used to being hated.

Post #38   2/20/07 6:07:51PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

well....we all dont talk to him on the phone and who cares how he is behind the cameras..he can be the same way on camera if he wanted too..he is the total opposit of how a champ should act

if he wants to play the bad guy on camera to sell fights or whatever,then stick to that..(how tito did)....dont talk shit then come out crying after a fight.....dont talk shit then come out saying "i dont know what i have to do to get peoples respect"............i just think he's fake.....he thinks hes talking to retards on post fight interviews.."im disappointed...i was trying to finish him"...yea right...disappointed my ass...you're happy as hell you won that desicion...and we all know you wernt trying to finish shit

i even hate the way he thanks his sponsers.....he can sneak in a better line than
"thanks to xyience,my conditioning is so much better, i can go 5 5 min rounds no problem"

Meh... He could flying armbar Randy in 20 seconds, say how great of a competitor Randy is afterwards, thank the fans for coming out and buying the PPV, donate his entire fight purse to charity, admit that Mirko is going to be a tough opponent and wish him luck and you'd still hate him.

I doubt it's easy being the HW champ. He got on the juice to try and make himself look more like what people considered a fighter to get respect and it backfired and people to this day still give him sh!t about it. He tries to not sound like a wuss and people hate him for talking shit even if he backs it up 95% of the time. I'm sure w/ all the fans in attendance and the cameras it puts a lot of pressure on a person. I think he's trying to give the fans what they want but he's noit totally sure what that is. Some people will never be happy w/ him (like you for example).

How about you go out and win a world title and see how it effects you on camera. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and criticize. It's a helluva lot harder to make your dreams come true. Tim deserves way more respect than he gets IMO. If you're dumb enough to let your hatred cloud your judgement then I'd be more than happy to do some wagering w/ ya.

Post #39   2/20/07 6:41:33PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Meh... He could flying armbar Randy in 20 seconds, say how great of a competitor Randy is afterwards, thank the fans for coming out and buying the PPV, donate his entire fight purse to charity, admit that Mirko is going to be a tough opponent and wish him luck and you'd still hate him.

I doubt it's easy being the HW champ. He got on the juice to try and make himself look more like what people considered a fighter to get respect and it backfired and people to this day still give him sh!t about it. He tries to not sound like a wuss and people hate him for talking shit even if he backs it up 95% of the time. I'm sure w/ all the fans in attendance and the cameras it puts a lot of pressure on a person. I think he's trying to give the fans what they want but he's noit totally sure what that is. Some people will never be happy w/ him (like you for example).

How about you go out and win a world title and see how it effects you on camera. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and criticize. It's a helluva lot harder to make your dreams come true. Tim deserves way more respect than he gets IMO. If you're dumb enough to let your hatred cloud your judgement then I'd be more than happy to do some wagering w/ ya.

"He could flying armbar Randy in 20 seconds, say how great of a competitor Randy is afterwards, thank the fans for coming out and buying the PPV, donate his entire fight purse to charity, admit that Mirko is going to be a tough opponent and wish him luck and you'd still hate him."

of course i would...it would make him even more of a fake than he already is if he did that..

"If you're dumb enough to let your hatred cloud your judgement then I'd be more than happy to do some wagering w/ ya"

if you have read all my previous post i have had nothing but good things to say about Tims skill...dont try to make me look like the idiot noob who dont notice how good he is inside the cage.......hating tim is not rocket science...we as humans have senses,and we just know when we see and hear something we dont like...alot of people hate him for a reason..

i wonder what he's gonna say next...maybe he'll thank the troops for fighting for our country.....hell..it worked for Ortiz!

Post #40   2/20/07 6:55:31PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
He is just trying to hustle you out of some money. the long con.

Post #41   2/20/07 7:04:33PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by nate22

so what did you vote?

KTFO?

Post #42   2/20/07 7:10:20PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by nate22

so what did you vote?

KTFO?

lol no i've put Tim to win by decision actually, and i've made bets on him to do so.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Randy does to take on Tim.

I hope you know it's all banter right?

Post #43   2/20/07 7:14:43PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
The question in the thread title and the poll question are totally different and the first one doesn't make sense at all.
Seriously, who likes being hated!?!??!!??! Nobody.

The result of the poll question might look different to the same earlier polls because those polls were likely made on sherdog.net where there are far more posters and especially many more uneducated posters.

There are some great fans there but IMO most of the people who signed up here care and know about the sport. Not as many "tuffers" and immature pricks around here.... yet. I'm sure as soon as this site gets as big as sherdog.net we'll get those pricks too.

btw. I don't like Tim Sylvia and want him to lose. He's a great fighter and doesn't seem to be jerk in real life but there's just something about him. I don't like him.

Post #44   2/20/07 7:20:05PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

The question in the thread title and the poll question are totally different and the first one doesn't make sense at all.
Seriously, who likes being hated!?!??!!??! Nobody.

The result of the poll question might look different to the same earlier polls because those polls were likely made on sherdog.net where there are far more posters and especially many more uneducated posters.

There are some great fans there but IMO most of the people who signed up here care and know about the sport. Not as many "tuffers" and immature pricks around here.... yet. I'm sure as soon as this site gets as big as sherdog.net we'll get those pricks too.

btw. I don't like Tim Sylvia and want him to lose. He's a great fighter and doesn't seem to be jerk in real life but there's just something about him. I don't like him.

the question to the thread is being sarcastic.....

"there is just something about him"....its called natural instincts.....you sense what i do too

Post #45   2/20/07 7:29:39PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4