Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Does Tim Sylvia like being Hated???

Print  
Do you hate Tim Sylvia?
Yesss! I hope he gets KTFO soon! 19 35%
Yes...a little bit 10 19%
No Way...I love the guy!! 5 9%
No..he's alright 14 26%
I dont really care... 6 11%
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
is it just me or does Tim like to be hated??

he keeps saying "i dont know what i have to do to get people's respect"

and at the same time he keeps talking trash about people..."im gonna knock your ass out".(both to Brandon vera and Randy)

why the hell would he disrespect Randy like that? Randy has said nothing but good stuff about him when commentating......i dunno,but insulting Randy and kicking him while he's down(old age..coming back form 2 ko's) is pretty low by Tim

Post #1   2/17/07 9:30:34AM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
I think his comments toward randy were caused due to the fact that tim actually had alot of respect towards randy and kinda looked up to him, all of a sudden randy is criticising tims fight, he feels a little betrayed, then again sometimes big tim just cant shut his mouth

Post #2   2/17/07 10:49:41AM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Tim hates to be hated. He honestly doesn't know what to do to earn the fans respect. I think part of the lack of respect for Tim is that he is not a very aggresive fighter, and doesn't have a very aggresive personality - essentially he is boring. So maybe TIm is trying to redefine who he is by talking a little trash etc. Look at Tito - it's a love em or hate em thing. But that's what makes him exciting. If Tim somehow becomes a badass then he might get people excited about him. However its kind of hard to change things once people already have stereotyped you.

Post #3   2/17/07 11:52:13AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Mayo

Tim hates to be hated. He honestly doesn't know what to do to earn the fans respect. I think part of the lack of respect for Tim is that he is not a very aggresive fighter, and doesn't have a very aggresive personality - essentially he is boring. So maybe TIm is trying to redefine who he is by talking a little trash etc. Look at Tito - it's a love em or hate em thing. But that's what makes him exciting. If Tim somehow becomes a badass then he might get people excited about him. However its kind of hard to change things once people already have stereotyped you.

i agree...tim f$cked up...he cant do anything different anymore since everyone has already judged him
when he beat arlovski the second time and was crying after the fight...i dont know..i just didnt feel it.....i kinda thought he was faking it to get people to like him,which made me hate him even more!

poor timmy.....I hope he gets KTFO gentley

Post #4   2/17/07 12:07:35PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I don't think Tim likes being hated. I really don't think anyone does. I think Tim is being genuine when it came to him crying when he won the belt. He has been through alot to regain that title. He beat a guy twice in a row that should of beaten him 9 out of 10 times. I;m not a big fan of Tim and I think his comments on Randy are quite just really. He did get beat twice by Chuck and then thinks he can take on Tim. There's nothing wrong with that logic. Tim should feel comfortabe that he should win a fight no matter who he is facing. Randy's comments bothered him, and that's fine he has that right and has the right to say what he wants back. I just think Tim rubs people the wrong way because he is isn't what everyone wants him to be.....Arvloski.....

Post #5   2/17/07 12:39:09PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by aceprone

I don't think Tim likes being hated. I really don't think anyone does. I think Tim is being genuine when it came to him crying when he won the belt. He has been through alot to regain that title. He beat a guy twice in a row that should of beaten him 9 out of 10 times. I;m not a big fan of Tim and I think his comments on Randy are quite just really. He did get beat twice by Chuck and then thinks he can take on Tim. There's nothing wrong with that logic. Tim should feel comfortabe that he should win a fight no matter who he is facing. Randy's comments bothered him, and that's fine he has that right and has the right to say what he wants back. I just think Tim rubs people the wrong way because he is isn't what everyone wants him to be.....Arvloski.....

so you voted for him to get KTFO soon?

Post #6   2/17/07 12:56:09PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Also, we can't leave out the overwhelming possibility that he is hyping the fight. Randy's my all-time favorite fighter, but even I think he's a huge underdog in this case.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/17/07 1:53:21PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
what i hate about tim is that he promises fireworks,and all we get is a wet fuse!

Post #8   2/17/07 2:03:28PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
I dont see why everyone hates on this guy the guy is an awesome fighter I think its sick that he came back from the roids and got the title back that proved alot.So his last two fights he was a lil cautious he was fighting Jeff Monson one of the best grapplers out there Tim is not known for his grappling would you wanna make a mistake against a guy like Monson?Tim's sprawl was awesome that night.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #9   2/17/07 2:57:54PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

I dont see why everyone hates on this guy the guy is an awesome fighter I think its sick that he came back from the roids and got the title back that proved alot.So his last two fights he was a lil cautious he was fighting Jeff Monson one of the best grapplers out there Tim is not known for his grappling would you wanna make a mistake against a guy like Monson?Tim's sprawl was awesome that night.

you got me wrong buddy,i dont hate Sylvia for that reason,nor dought his skills

i just hate the person he is outside the cage

if you find threads all around these forums all you hear is praise from me on Tims skill

Post #10   2/17/07 3:20:56PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

you got me wrong buddy,i dont hate Sylvia for that reason,nor dought his skills

i just hate the person he is outside the cage

if you find threads all around these forums all you hear is praise from me on Tims skill

I wasnt pointing anyone out its just alot off people disrespect him alot and I dont see why.

Post #11   2/17/07 3:29:00PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Im probably gonna get flamed for this,

For some reason that I just can't point out just really makes me dislike Tim Silvia. Maybe its the way he talks, his fight style, his attitude, I just can't pin point why I dislike the guy.

Give me REASONS PEOPLE!!! lol

Post #12   2/17/07 3:33:29PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

For some reason that I just can't point out just really makes me dislike Tim Silvia. Maybe its the way he talks, his fight style, his attitude, I just can't pin point why I dislike the guy.

Because he looks like Grimace...

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Last edited 2/17/07 3:56PM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   2/17/07 3:52:13PM   

Dadaman

MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar

Career:61-42
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Because he looks like Grimace...

BWHAHAHAAHHA! oh my god i can't stop laughing.

Sylvia is just a big goofy looking boring striker, thats why a lot of people don't like him. As oppossed to Arlovski who was a huge and absolutely shredded exciting striker with good looks.

That is all.

Post #14   2/17/07 6:15:10PM   

Someguy

Learning to Sprawl

Someguy Avatar

Career:129-92
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:

Because he's not an awesome fighter; he's a cookie cutter Miletich fighter, medicore at best and has fought medicore fighters his entire career with few exceptions. 'It's sick he came back from 'roids'? You speak as if he had cancer or some shit, instead of being caught abusing a preformance enhancing drug, as far as I'm concerned they shouldn't even be letting him fight professionally. Also saying Monson is one of the best grapplers out there is laughable, espeically considering his preformance against Tim (of all people) that night.

Why should you like Randy? Because he's a humble fighter with class, something Tim just doesn't seem to be able to grasp, and probably never will.

Last edited 2/17/07 6:47PM server time by Someguy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   2/17/07 6:46:22PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4