Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joe Rogan's opinions on Fedor and Dana's Bullshit....

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,573-965
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by fullerene

It shows, for better or worse, that the UFC is not run like most large commercial businesses. No way a spokesman for Ford or General Electric or even the NBA would go on the record and compliment a competitor while implying that the head of his own company was disingenious in his remarks without being fired or reprimanded for it.

I can respect Rogan for saying that and Dana White for not giving him heat for doing so.

That's just it. Joe was saying that he didn't agree with the comments that Dana White made regarding Fedor. I didn't hear him compliment a competitor. In fact, what I heard was that Joe was saying that he disagreed with Dana, but Dana was just saying what he was saying because it was a "smart business tactic."

In that respect, Joe wasn't saying anything negative about Dana or the UFC, but merely that Dana was just doing his job.

The "competitor" is Fedor Emelianenko. He's the biggest star for one of the biggest competitive promotions for the UFC--the company that employes Joe. The party line is to say that all of the best fighters fight for the group you represent. Saying that someone fighting for a different org is better than anyone else, including your own fighters, promotes interest in the M-1 product and puts an asterisk by the champion the UFC promotes. That's why many places wouldn't allow someone to say what Rogan said. Like I mentioned, I respect him for being honest enough to say it and I respect Dana White for not taking him to task over it (that I know of).

Post #16   2/8/08 2:59:57PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Not that I don't agree with him but we are talking about a guy he preaches about drink your own urine and many other crazy things. I wouldn't take anything Rogan says to serious.

Post #17   2/8/08 3:11:11PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i dont think dana puts the clamps on anything joe says or he wouldnt say the things telnights just mentioned. basically he didnt say anything all that special to me, just the honest truth that every MMA fan already knows.

Post #18   2/8/08 3:13:53PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

The "competitor" is Fedor Emelianenko. He's the biggest star for one of the biggest competitive promotions for the UFC--the company that employes Joe. The party line is to say that all of the best fighters fight for the group you represent. Saying that someone fighting for a different org is better than anyone else, including your own fighters, promotes interest in the M-1 product and puts an asterisk by the champion the UFC promotes. That's why many places wouldn't allow someone to say what Rogan said. Like I mentioned, I respect him for being honest enough to say it and I respect Dana White for not taking him to task over it (that I know of).

I see your perspective, but I still don't agree that Joe or Dana deserve any praise for it. Besides, we have still to wait to hear there is an "official" response to Joe's comments regarding Fedor. I don;t think there is any evidence to suggest that Dana let him say that or Joe is doing it on his own.

In addition, what Joe said about Fedor, in my eyes is just stating fact and not a subjective opinion related to a particular business interest. However, that "fact" is debatable among fans of MMA.

Post #19   2/8/08 3:34:02PM   

LuketheDuke

Barred from Forum

LuketheDuke Avatar

Career:1,043-603
Camp: Jersey Ave Camp
Chips:
"If you get him on his back. . .he will **** you up. . ."

joe is a funny guy. he's like the spokesperson for what everyone is thinking. he can actually get heard while us average joes opinions don't mean anything. interesting how he can say these kind of things and not get in trouble for it.

Post #20   2/8/08 3:42:51PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I like Joe a lot. He's brash and means what he says. And most of it is very inteligent and coherent, unlike mike goldberg who always seems to be half drunk

Post #21   2/8/08 6:09:36PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Not that I don't agree with him but we are talking about a guy he preaches about drink your own urine and many other crazy things. I wouldn't take anything Rogan says to serious.

ive seen alot of his stand-up.... and he's actually a pretty deep dude, when he gets going about something hes thought about.

Find his bits on bacteria and space.

Post #22   2/8/08 6:25:29PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by atlas777

I expected joe rogan to talk about leg kicks more myself seeings thats all he talks about during events leg kicks and submissions with unspeakable names.

ya me and my buddies get a kick out of these new terms he comes up with sometimes, one of my favs was "oh he's got the grapevines in" haha or randy coutures " Oh looks like hes got a seatbelt"

Post #23   2/8/08 7:20:16PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Joe Rogan only speaks the truth and that's why I like the guy. Props to Rogan!

Post #24   2/8/08 7:53:04PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

ive seen alot of his stand-up.... and he's actually a pretty deep dude, when he gets going about something hes thought about.

i remember him saying we are all bacteria on the earth, after thinking about this i had to sit back and say maybe he has a point.......then i took another hit from the bong and thought about nothing for a half an hour.

Post #25   2/8/08 7:56:41PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

i remember him saying we are all bacteria on the earth, after thinking about this i had to sit back and say maybe he has a point.......then i took another hit from the bong and thought about nothing for a half an hour.

yeah that was definitely the one i was talking about. Deep shit bro... funny thing is when i heard it i thought nothing of it, and then i hit my bong... half an hour later i was paranoid with fear that he was right.

Post #26   2/8/08 7:59:38PM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

all life evolves and comes from space we start out as simple life and grow from there and inevitably we all go back to orignal form when we die which is dust particals and energy, microbacteria and bacteria is a simple form of life that all life originates from, thus the evolutionary cycle not made up fairy tales

if people would actually get out of the dark ages and understand how far we've come in terms of science and technology theyd understand that we are all the same and when we die, no different when other animals die, yes we are animals we share 100% of our DNA with life on earth and in space

i studied astronomy, cosmology and biology at USC for 8 years and i know how life works and how space works... these sciences explain where we came from and in the near future most religions and superstitions will yield to fact instead of fiction, thank you charles darwin the first man to truly understand the life cycle and the truths behind them

Post #27   2/8/08 8:18:00PM   

jrmmaclassics

MMA Regular

jrmmaclassics Avatar

Career:37-18
Chips:
Joe is a stand up guy, he is a true fan of mma and speaks his mind about it. I think if everyone who badmouths him would get a chance to meet the guy like I did and talk to him would find out how much of a stand up guy he is. He commentates like he is sitting at a bar with his buddies talking about how great this move was or that move was. Great post man.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #28   2/8/08 8:36:55PM   

FeelTheJoy

MMA Regular

FeelTheJoy Avatar

Career:87-62
Chips:
joe is awesome.

Post #29   2/9/08 4:26:43PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by atlas777

I expected joe rogan to talk about leg kicks more myself seeings thats all he talks about during events leg kicks and submissions with unspeakable names.

ya me and my buddies get a kick out of these new terms he comes up with sometimes, one of my favs was "oh he's got the grapevines in" haha or randy coutures " Oh looks like hes got a seatbelt"

actually those are real terms, they are just wrestling terms. grape vines are pretty much hooks so it is just another name that has been around for a while. its not like joe is just making something up, he is actually using real terms.

as for joe's statements, i think he is a lot smarter than most people besides maybe rush are noticing. he was extremely careful with his words regarding dana white to make sure that he didn't upset dana. if you notice, he found a way to disagree with dana while at the same time boosting dana's big ego so that he won't get in trouble. he sounded like he was speaking from the heart, and maybe he was for the most part, but in terms of his comments on dana he was very wise with the wording that he used because he can now appeal to the MMA fan and to dana. with that said i 100% agree with his view regarding both fedor and dana whether it be his real view or not.

Post #30   2/9/08 4:41:59PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3