Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nogueira's trainer: Sylvia Cheated

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I guess since it's Nog trainer he could be speaking about anyone that any of his fighters has faced. Anderson, Vitor, the Nog's, Lyoto, Berreto, Nino, Rafeal or Filho.

Post #16   2/8/08 8:36:19AM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I guess since it's Nog trainer he could be speaking about anyone that any of his fighters has faced. Anderson, Vitor, the Nog's, Lyoto, Berreto, Nino, Rafeal or Filho.

Yeah, it doesn't necessarily sound like they were trying to single Sylvia out, but just saying that American fighters do this type of thing.

This reminds me of when NFL running backs used to put vaseline on their jerseys back in the day.

Post #17   2/8/08 9:17:55AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I don't buy it, and heres why. Anyone that buys the UFC dvds knows they film the guys from in their hotel room, to the trip to the arena, to them warming up, to them walking into the octagon itself. If someone was sitting in their locker room smearing oil all over themselves, its on camera.

Thats how Akiyama got busted after his fight with Sakuraba, because they looked at the film they had of him and saw him greasing myself up.

Also, If you watch the fight theres no take down attempts where nog just slips of tim, he held of for quite a long time on a few occasions aswell. Seems pretty out of character for nog to say somthing like this without any proof. I doubt anything will happen about it becouse like svartorm said, they record the fighters backstage so if tim was oiling up or whatever, theyd have it on film.

Post #18   2/8/08 9:22:28AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
tims not the fittest guy so im guessing his sweat has the consistancy of crisco and thats all it was.

Post #19   2/8/08 10:04:14AM   

atlas777

Standup Guy

atlas777 Avatar

Career:577-375
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Doesnt matter what it was unless something drastic happens Tim will never get respect in this sport maybe he should go play basketball.

Post #20   2/8/08 11:31:11AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I don't buy it, and heres why. Anyone that buys the UFC dvds knows they film the guys from in their hotel room, to the trip to the arena, to them warming up, to them walking into the octagon itself. If someone was sitting in their locker room smearing oil all over themselves, its on camera.

Thats how Akiyama got busted after his fight with Sakuraba, because they looked at the film they had of him and saw him greasing myself up.

I agree completely... although this is somewhat disturbing.

Why on earth was Akiyama greasing you up? You said, "and saw him greasing myself up. "

Just curious... unless this is similar to the military's "Don't ask, don't tell" motto.

-Edit-
Before you get all "I aint your pal, D***face." (That was your line from Bloodsport right?) Just wanted to say I was only playing... unless it's true and you want to share the story.

Last edited 2/8/08 11:51AM server time by TNunley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   2/8/08 11:41:14AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
He, Sylvia, can't be punished for this. This is one person's word vs. another's. However, they probably will now add regulations and have the regs watch closer, etc., but they didn't catch him "red-handed" so he won't get in any trouble, suspension, whatever. It's not like a urinalysis (drug screen) after the fight that comes back positive for a banned substance. They, UFC officials and owners, only have hearsay. They'll probably talk to Nog and Tim, and warn all of the fighters against this type of behavior and it'll all be over.
I agree with one of the early comments on this post that Big Nog has nothing to gain by saying all of this so it may be true. However, he might be trying to make himself look better for losing the first couple of rounds. However, they weren't really on the ground that much then, so that slippery crap doesn't much apply to the round he lost. Then again, maybe it did prevent him from doing some of the things he would've normally have done or tried. I don't know.

Post #22   2/8/08 1:49:26PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by Svartorm

I agree completely... although this is somewhat disturbing.

Why on earth was Akiyama greasing you up? You said, "and saw him greasing myself up. "

Just curious... unless this is similar to the military's "Don't ask, don't tell" motto.

-Edit-
Before you get all "I aint your pal, D***face." (That was your line from Bloodsport right?) Just wanted to say I was only playing... unless it's true and you want to share the story.

The story will be printed in this months issue of Penthouse Letters.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #23   2/9/08 2:40:05AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I'm not taking sides, but I really don't understand what Nog has to gain from this.

If it were a real problem during the fight the corner could have asked to check Tim in between rounds.

Post #24   2/10/08 12:37:32AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I've heard of sore losers, but sore winners

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #25   2/10/08 11:34:37AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Yeah I don't buy this either. I have bought UFC DVDs myself and they show everything on them until they get in the ring. Plus I don't think theres anyway to prove it happened now.

Post #26   2/10/08 1:42:52PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Hes already been caught cheating once and if this claim comes to fruition then the NSAC most likely will come down mighty hard on him.

Just out of curiosity, how he cheated the first time?

Post #27   2/10/08 2:11:25PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by XblacksheepX

Posted by DevonFoxy

Hes already been caught cheating once and if this claim comes to fruition then the NSAC most likely will come down mighty hard on him.

Just out of curiosity, how he cheated the first time?

Popped for steroids. Tim maintains it was only to look more ripped and improve his physique

Post #28   2/10/08 2:40:13PM   

xenophon

Learning to Sprawl

xenophon Avatar

Career:2,616-1,452
Chips:
This isn't the first time we've heard the "he was greased up" comment from someone who won. After his fight with Joe Doerksen at UFC 54, Matt Lindland made a remark to his corner to the same affect. I think that if you really believed it, you would have them checked out, it shouldn't be that hard with the cameras watching them and all.

Post #29   3/1/08 2:40:55AM   

KeNn

Standup Guy

KeNn Avatar

Career:93-76
Chips:
My bans up yahoo

Last edited 3/16/08 7:48PM server time by kenn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   3/16/08 7:48:06PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3