Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tim Kennedy - Open Letter

Print  
Posted By Message

icarus4321

Learning to Sprawl

icarus4321 Avatar

Career:273-153
Chips:
To the IFL and fans of MMA,

It is with regret that I must announce I will have an assignment with the United States Army that will prevent me from fighting on the 29th of February, 2008. I serve my country with great honor and I am proud of my service.

I would like to thank the MMA, IFL fans, and media that have rallied to my support.

I am sorry I will be unable to provide another exciting fight. Your support over the MMA forums and articles has been extremely humbling and kind.

This fight with Matt Horwich would have been an excellent match up for me and for the fans, as our styles would have made a great fight.

This assignment will not prevent me from other fights this year. As many of you know, I had four IFL and HDNet fights along with five US Army fights in 2007. This is the first fight in 7 years of fighting I will have to miss.

Fighting is what I enjoy and I will return this year!

I would like to specifically thank Kurt Otto and the IFL for their continued support of me and my commitments to the United States Army.

The IFL is a great organization that truly supports its fighters and provides an excellent show for the fans in attendance. I wish them the best and I hope they will give me another chance to win the IFL belt this year.

All the best,

Tim Kennedy

http://ifl.tv/News-08Feb06-Tim-Kennedy-letter.html

Last edited 2/7/08 10:16AM server time by icarus4321
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/7/08 10:15:59AM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Career:719-395
Camp: SSU Combat Club
Chips:
I hope Tim Kennedy realizes that the fans aren't the least bit pissed off at him for this. Quality guy, quality fighter. I wish him the best of luck.

Last edited 2/7/08 10:24AM server time by Vendetta
Edit note/reason: spelling

Post #2   2/7/08 10:24:33AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Thank you for your service Tim. Your sacrifice is what makes this country a better place

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #3   2/7/08 10:28:34AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Thank you for your service Tim. Your sacrifice is what makes this country a better place

Post #4   2/7/08 10:32:02AM   

DustinT

MMA Regular

DustinT Avatar

Career:1,552-841
Camp: The MMA Army
Chips:
Tim's a bad ass....that much is certain.
while i was looking forward to this fight, i respect him more for doing what he's doin'. I'm sure everyone wish's him the best in whatever he does. Mad ******' props.

Post #5   2/7/08 5:14:31PM