Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest's title shot

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

big_timmy

In Full Mount

big_timmy Avatar

Career:188-136
Chips:
I completely understand thsoe who says Jardine vs Forrest 2. If my man forrest didnt get his title shot, it should have been a number 1 contender shot between forrest and jardine. But the problem is that it all was because of TUF that they set this up.

If TUF wasnt involved, i believe Forrest would have had to beat jardine for his shot, but as it was, Forrest has the personality to suit TUF, hence why he did so well in the first one. That and his fighting skill.

So what im saying is....

If it didnt depend on TUF, then Forrest wouldnt be getting his well deserved title shot just yet.

Thats not to say im not F'n stoked he is.

Chain the dog back up Forrest.

Post #31   2/7/08 11:28:48PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

lyota machida or thiago silva deserve the title shot. BUT I doubt the UFC will ever put a strictly brazilian speaking person on TUF. Forest definetly should of fought jardine for number one contendership. since that isnt happening, i think a jardine and houston rematch should happen.

What has Thiago Silva done to deserve a title shot? There are at least 5 guys in front of him.

Post #32   2/8/08 12:28:30AM   

SqWaGGy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:257-162
Chips:
I agree that Forrest deserves the shot being that he just beat Shogun. Regardless of how Shogun fought...Forrest still won against what most people considered to be the top LHW in the world.

But with that being said, I think Rampage wins this fight easily by TKO in the first

Post #33   2/8/08 12:32:19AM   

atlas777

Standup Guy

atlas777 Avatar

Career:577-375
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by atlas777

Its shoguns fault he lost forrest beat him plain and simple so what is shpgun had a blown acl guess what he still stepped in there other guys who are injured pull out its a smarter move so all in all its his fault he lost so stop making excuses he knew his acl was blown what did he think was going to happen hes a professional if it was bothering him that bad he should have pulled from the fight plain and simple dont make excuses.

Forrest beat one of the best in the world a guy thats beaten everyone yes of course he deserves his shot hes a great exciting fighter and he always come in and makes it a fight plus can you imagine having Jardine as a coach on the show it would be like having a dead tree becuase of his personality

1. To say that it's "plain and simple" to pull out of your first fight of a very lucrative contract for the biggest org in MMA is a mis-statement... You're either very young or very naive to think that this would be a "simple" decision with no ramifications or consequenses. Fighters can ruin events by pulling out due to injury and many fighters pride themselves not only on their skills in the cage/ring but also on the fact that people can depend on them and that they are accountable for their actions

2. Maybe I can't imagine Jardine as a coach on the show, but I do imagine that Jardine deserves a title shot regardless... Actually here's an idea, let's just have a title fight? No show, no waiting, no putting one of the most exciting divisions in MMA on hold... Let's just fight folks, and leave the "reality TV" for the women and the children

1)Its smarter to pull out a fight early when you know there is a problem then to get beat yes it may have been his debut but do you honestly think the UFC would seriously punish a guy like Shogun for not wanting to come in at less than 100% and get beat after hyping him up if he gave ample notice about him not being able to fight then the UFC would have had plently of time to find another opponent hell if GSP can postpone a title fight twice when it was presented to him due to injury dont you think that the UFC would understand that you have a torn ACL and dont want to get beat and as much as fighting for "priding himself on his actions" he lost and i doubt he is very proud of that

2) I am neither very young or very niave

3) I agree with them just fighting for a shot but that just doesnt seem to be happening now does it?

Post #34   2/8/08 11:02:17AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Might want to be careful if you want to back out of a fight due to an injury. The UFC might take your title shot away...even though you tore your hamstring...

Post #35   2/8/08 12:34:23PM   

atlas777

Standup Guy

atlas777 Avatar

Career:577-375
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
GSP seems to do it all the time but they dont let Karo

Post #36   2/8/08 12:55:13PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by atlas777

GSP seems to do it all the time but they dont let Karo

better be careful gsp has more fanboys than karo.

Post #37   2/8/08 12:56:24PM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by ufcboss

cripple bapple popple, HE CHOKED OUT SHOGUN, Say no more, Was Shogun %100 in all his other fight's?

I agree, the fact is that he choked out shogun, the guy everyone thought was the number 1 lhw, regardless of if he was hurt or not, but for some reason alot of people hate on forrest anyways, so im sure if shogun wasnt hurt, peiople would come up with another excuse

Post #38   2/8/08 1:25:27PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by atlas777

1)Its smarter to pull out a fight early when you know there is a problem then to get beat yes it may have been his debut but do you honestly think the UFC would seriously punish a guy like Shogun for not wanting to come in at less than 100% and get beat after hyping him up if he gave ample notice about him not being able to fight then the UFC would have had plently of time to find another opponent hell if GSP can postpone a title fight twice when it was presented to him due to injury dont you think that the UFC would understand that you have a torn ACL and dont want to get beat and as much as fighting for "priding himself on his actions" he lost and i doubt he is very proud of that

2) I am neither very young or very niave

3) I agree with them just fighting for a shot but that just doesnt seem to be happening now does it?

1. I don't agree... It seems that Brazilians, at least in the world of MMA, have an extrodinary amount of pride... And this is probably an example of that... Was it a good idea? No... But did he show up to fight? Yes and he got beat... There's not much to be proud of in losing, but there is something to be said about fulfilling your obligations and that is something some, if not most, people can be proud of.

If GSP pulls out of his first UFC fight with Karo, I'm not completely sure his career would have gone the same way (in the UFC).... Sure he'd still be talented and make it in the UFC or any where else, but how do you think the grudgeholding Dana White would react to this? You can look at Lindland or either Shamrock for examples of how personal Dana holds things that can be considered minor compared to pulling out of a main event.

Either way it just seems like we don't see things the same way... I don't assume that the UFC will be simpathetic to fighters... They haven't shown much of that behavior in the past, and there doesn't seem to be any evidence proving that they're going to change.

2. Good for you

3. No the fight is not happening. I was under the impression that this was a thread about Forrest validity as the #1 contender. I don't agree that he is, and see that the UFC is pandering to the reality TV crowd and I think it's bullshit, plain and simple. Like it or not, these forums are places where people share their opinions about things, regardeless of if they're actually happening. there wouldn't be too much to talk about, now would there?

Post #39   2/8/08 2:05:37PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Posted by gartface

lyota machida or thiago silva deserve the title shot. BUT I doubt the UFC will ever put a strictly brazilian speaking person on TUF. Forest definetly should of fought jardine for number one contendership. since that isnt happening, i think a jardine and houston rematch should happen.

What has Thiago Silva done to deserve a title shot? There are at least 5 guys in front of him.

lemme think. Hes undefeated after 12 fights. 3-0 in the UFC. A BJJ black belt, but 10 of his 12 wins came by KO. He completely dominated houston alexander, who beat jardine. jardine beat forest , and forest gets a title shot He has the meanest game face other then maybe wanderlai.
He fights for chute box , which makes the most entertaining/well Rounded fighters. Seems like enough reasons to me.

lyoto vs thiago fight would end one of there unbeaten records and set up a perfect title shot IMO. Both of them are BJJ black belts with amazing stand up.

Post #40   2/8/08 8:47:14PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by gartface

lemme think. Hes undefeated after 12 fights. 3-0 in the UFC. A BJJ black belt, but 10 of his 12 wins came by KO. He completely dominated houston alexander, who beat jardine. jardine beat forest , and forest gets a title shot He has the meanest game face other then maybe wanderlai.
He fights for chute box , which makes the most entertaining/well Rounded fighters. Seems like enough reasons to me.

lyoto vs thiago fight would end one of there unbeaten records and set up a perfect title shot IMO. Both of them are BJJ black belts with amazing stand up.

i dont think thiago is ready for a title shot either, hes close but the LHW division is so deep that a fighter has to really do a lot to get a shot at the strap. thiago wins his next 2 fights and i think hes right there though.

Post #41   2/8/08 8:49:49PM   

LesnarLover

banned

Career:14-8
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by LesnarLover

I cant believe they are giving Forest a title shot. Think of someone who really deserves it.....

Maybe... BROCK LESNAR!!! Duh, the guy is 0-1 right now in the UFC and should be getting a shot by now since he's already been rejected to have that triple threat match with BJ and Sherk

it never stops....

It nevers stops like Brock Lesnar. It never stops like my undying lover for Lesnar. It never stops until I have my night with Lesnar

Post #42   2/9/08 1:12:14AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

although i do agree with you that lyoto vs thiago would be a hell of a fight, the reasons you give arent the reasons why someone should get a title shot.

In the UFC hes beaten Irvin(through injury), Drwal(where he gassed in the second), and houston alexander. None of those people are top 20 with the exception of maybe houston alexander. And he didnt really look all that great in his first 2. Granted it may be getting used to the cage(who knows) but he in the ufc hasnt earned his shot yet.

Undefeated in twelve fights means little if you havent faced any real competition yet.

Your example that he beat alxander who beat jardine and so on.... doesnt make sense.

and if you believe it does...

then you believe
Alexander > Jardine > Forrest > Shogun
Alexander > Jardine > Chuck

and the ufc doesnt care hes from chutebox, or that hes a bjj black belt. He needs to show that he can hang in there with a top ten before they'll even consider him

Post #43   2/9/08 1:43:37AM   

BlazinSaddle

Banned

Career:67-34
Chips:
alright if TUF wasnt going on and page wasnt hurt i think i might have it figured

Lyoto #1 contender for Rampage

Jardine VS Forrest 2 = #1 contender to fight the winner of Lyoto/Rampage

winner of Thiago/Rashad VS winner of Shogun/Chuck = #2 contender

but since it didnt work like this....

if Lyoto beats Tito (probably will) hes #1 contender after the Rampage/Griffin fight

winner of Thiago/Rashad VS Chuck/Shogun for #2 contender

jardine needs another win against a top 10 to get #1 conteder spot like a fight with Wandy or Soko

Last edited 2/9/08 2:15AM server time by blazinsaddle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #44   2/9/08 2:10:30AM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
It'l be quite interesting to watch Forrest take the beating of a lifetime. I like Forrest, and Lord knows he's tough, but c'mon... Rampage is gonna kill him. Don't say anything about the Shogun fight either. Lackluster performance on both sides. At least on the feet. Forrest is, as the say, a "cardio machine" and had enough left to choke him out, but Forrest always looks slow. Has anybody else ever noticed he starts looking exhausted but ends up finishing the exact same way. He doesn't have a very fast punch at all. The only way he could beat Rampage is to out-gas him, which isn't going to happen. Sorry Forrest, you're fun to watch and cheer for, but you're not LHW Champion material.

PS. Rashad for LHW champ 08!

Last edited 2/9/08 4:26PM server time by gsquat
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #45   2/9/08 4:25:32PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4