Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Inside Team Jacksons. Need Questions for Michelle Waterson (Fight Girls)

Print  
Posted By Message

DanJitsu

Learning to Sprawl

DanJitsu Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
What's up everyone?

I'll be sitting down with Female MMA fighter Michelle Waterson (from TV Show Fight Girls) this weekend for another edition of "Inside Team Jacksons" and I need Some good questions. Michelle was on the TV show Fight Girls and is now an MMA fighter training at Jacksons. She will be selecting the best question and that person will recieve an autographed item from her, so make it a good and no obvious question. http://youtube.com/insideteamjacksons

Danny Winn

Post #1   2/6/08 10:33:24PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
First off, I enjoyed your interview with Leonard Garcia. I thought it was really cool and professional. Anyways, here are my questions.

Question 1: What does she tell people when she is sporting a nice shiner from a training session?

Question 2: What music does she listen to get her ready for her fights?

Question 3: Who gave her the nickname of "Karate Hottie"?

Question 4: Does she have any idols in mma?

EDIT:

5: Would she like it if the UFC integrated a woman's league?

6: Is she superstitious? If so, does she have any good luck charms or certain clothes she has to wear before fights?

7: Who is her favorite fighter from Team Jackson?

For the hell of it....

8: UFC 85 is showcasing arguably two of the greatest Light Heavyweights in the world in Chuck Liddell and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Who does she think is going to win, Chuck or Shogun?

Last edited 2/7/08 1:15AM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #2   2/6/08 11:19:18PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
Can i get your number?

Post #3   2/6/08 11:26:03PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
First off...props on the Garcia interview.

1. Which female fighter do you most admire?

2. How does your father feel about you being a professional fighter?

3. What do you think the future holds for women's MMA?

4. What has been your toughest challenge since becoming an MMA fighter?

Last edited 2/7/08 12:05AM server time by grappler0000
2 total post edits

Post #4   2/7/08 12:02:53AM   

DanJitsu

Learning to Sprawl

DanJitsu Avatar

Chips:
Excellent questions guys, keep um coming!

Danny Winn

Post #5   2/7/08 1:37:42AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
I see from Michelle's MySpace page that acting and dancing are among her interests, that she has some modeling on her CV, and that she's studied Wu Shu, which translates very well to performance. I wonder if she's interested in further pursuing (EDIT: of course, she's already done "Fight Girls" ) a career in entertainment, such as film stunt work, or if sport fighting is her primary career track.

I also see that she's 5'3", so there probably won't be any fights with 5'9" Carano in her future. If she was offered the opportunity to fight in Asia, where the competition among smaller fighters might be higher, would she take it? Or does she want to raise her profile in the US?

How does Michelle feel about her submission-grappling? Fighters like Megumi Fujii, Tara LaRosa, Amanda Buckner and Carina Damm are bringing top-shelf grappling to the women's game. We've seen that Muay Thai fighter Gina Carano has added some jiu-jitsu to her repertoire, and just about everybody is wondering whether Kyra Gracie will give MMA a try.

And how mean is Keith Jardine?

Last edited 2/7/08 11:54AM server time by AchillesHeel

Post #6   2/7/08 11:48:30AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
...oh, and also:

Do you have female training partners at Jackson's or do you end up sparring with the guys?

Post #7   2/7/08 2:01:53PM   

DanJitsu

Learning to Sprawl

DanJitsu Avatar

Chips:
One thing folks,

If you are lucky enough to get your question selected for the autographed item, I will have her sign it to your screen name UNLESS you want to include your real name with your questions. Thanks,

Danny Winn

Post #8   2/9/08 1:38:55PM