Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pride Versus UFC

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
I still for the live of me don't understand why people consider Anderson Silva a Pride Fighter. I'm sure that you were on the bandwagon saying that Silva couldn't cut it in Pride and then when he won the title, you suddenly started calling him a Pride Fighter again. Wandy fought in the UFC a few times before Pride, is he a UFC Fighter? What about Barnett? Is he a UFC Fighter? Fedor certainly would be considered a Rings Fighter then. Basically there are more holes in your theory then Herring's takedown defense last night. Stop nuthugging and just enjoy MMA.

Post #31   1/26/07 12:52:32PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
thats because pride and ufc are the most mainstream organizations, sure anderson fought only 5 (?) times in pride, but it gave him the most fan base, because the other organizations he fought for were simply not big enough for people around the world to recognize him.

the fact you bring up wanderlei being a ufc fighter is ridiculous, he has only fought a couple figts in ufc... 6 years ago and, while he has been the pride champion for 2 years..

and don't even be ridiculous about fedor not being a pride fighter.

Post #32   1/26/07 12:56:41PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:
You knew this post would carry over from the sherdog site!!! Pride has the better fighters, ufc has the better matchups. Now with crocop in ufc, I'll buy more ufc fights for sure

Post #33   1/26/07 12:57:32PM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

thats because pride and ufc are the most mainstream organizations, sure anderson fought only 5 (?) times in pride, but it gave him the most fan base, because the other organizations he fought for were simply not big enough for people around the world to recognize him.

the fact you bring up wanderlei being a ufc fighter is ridiculous, he has only fought a couple figts in ufc... 6 years ago and, while he has been the pride champion for 2 years..

and don't even be ridiculous about fedor not being a pride fighter.

Just because a company is mainstream doesn't mean that we should recognize them from being there. It's all a matter of opinion and how everyone wants to see it. I would like to say that a funny thing happens when people talk about Pride. I personally believe they are a better company but offer way more one-sided fights then the UFC does. However, you shouldn't enforce your opinions as fact when it's clear as day, they aren't.

Post #34   1/26/07 1:20:09PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by tberg420

I still for the live of me don't understand why people consider Anderson Silva a Pride Fighter. I'm sure that you were on the bandwagon saying that Silva couldn't cut it in Pride and then when he won the title, you suddenly started calling him a Pride Fighter again. Wandy fought in the UFC a few times before Pride, is he a UFC Fighter? What about Barnett? Is he a UFC Fighter? Fedor certainly would be considered a Rings Fighter then. Basically there are more holes in your theory then Herring's takedown defense last night. Stop nuthugging and just enjoy MMA.

I agree wholeheartedly. This argument make no sense . Wandy fought in UFC first , went on a pride winning streak came back to the UFC and lost to Tito. Does than mean Wandy is a UFC fighter? Does it mean Wandy sucks because he's 1-2 in the UFC? Does it mean he would lose to Vitor and Tito now? No to all of these. we won't know who would win any of those fights today until they happen, and it was so long ago it's not even worth hypothesizing about it to me. Also, beside Wandy, Sakuraba, Hendo, Barnett, Bustmante, Sakarai and a lot of others fought in the UFC first. I consider none of them UFC fighters, because that's not where they fight now. The same way I don't consider A. Silva, Cro-cop etc. pride fighters. Last but not least, who cares if Pride or UFC is better I just love MMA and want to see great fights.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #35   1/26/07 10:29:13PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
until crocop steps into the octogon hes a pride fighter to me.
call me hard headed!
i do believe he'll head to pride after he gets the HW belt

Post #36   1/27/07 4:14:12PM   

slammadowg

Deactivated

Career:11-6
Chips:
Fedor > Tim..............Well Fedor > Anyone and Everyone
Chuck > Wandy
Anderson Vs. Hendo is a toss up to me. Anderson is the far better striker but hendo only needs one.
Sherk > Gomi...... Asumming that he will be able to get a hold of Gomi before Gomi lands a bomb.

Post #37   1/27/07 4:44:36PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

until crocop steps into the octogon hes a pride fighter to me.
call me hard headed!
i do believe he'll head to pride after he gets the HW belt

U R hardheaed. Sorry couldn't help my self

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #38   1/27/07 6:09:53PM   

Kazmierz21

MMA Regular

Kazmierz21 Avatar

Career:729-446
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by slammadowg

Fedor > Tim..............Well Fedor > Anyone and Everyone
Chuck > Wandy
Anderson Vs. Hendo is a toss up to me. Anderson is the far better striker but hendo only needs one.
Sherk > Gomi...... Asumming that he will be able to get a hold of Gomi before Gomi lands a bomb.

Gomi would destroy Sherk in my opinion - Sherk beat K-Flo to get a belt - he's not even a champion in my book - that is just a joke - K-Flo - hahhahahaha - I can beat up K-Flo and I only weigh in at a buck forty

Post #39   1/27/07 6:35:42PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I think we should just go over to Sherdog and
cut and paste" the million other "UFC vs Pride" threads.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #40   1/27/07 6:36:56PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

The ones here aren't as childish, stupid, ignorant, or as full of blatant nutthugging. Let's hope it stays that way

The Iron Code

Post #41   1/27/07 6:44:09PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by zephead

The ones here aren't as childish, stupid, ignorant, or as full of blatant nutthugging. Let's hope it stays that way

Amen.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #42   1/27/07 6:55:40PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3