Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Best Pride/ UfC fight's of the year 2006 -POLL

Print  
Best UFC/ Prdie FC fight's of the year 2006
Big Noguiera vs Josh Barnett 1 9 24%
Diego Sanchez vs Karo Parisyan 19 51%
Gilbert Melendez vs Crusher Kawajiri 5 14%
Scott Smith vs Pete Sell 3 8%
Joachim Hansen vs Luis Azerado 0 0%
Kendall grove vs Ed Herman 1 3%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hathcock32

Although it wasnt 2 big names The Pete Sell Scott Smith match was one of the most entertaining MMA matches i have ever seen. Back and forth great match. As for the Diego Karo match.....clearly Diego won!

and pete and scott were friends and they fought with no problems and it was an awsome fight. so whats with other fighters not wanting to fight friends

They became friends on the show, I think that's a lot diffferent from being long time friends, temamtes, and trainiing partners. It would split a camp if people planned to fight eachother from the same team IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   2/17/07 2:53:59AM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,283-797
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
In the case of tito vs rampage.....it wont happen but id love it to

Post #17   2/17/07 2:57:37AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hathcock32

Although it wasnt 2 big names The Pete Sell Scott Smith match was one of the most entertaining MMA matches i have ever seen. Back and forth great match. As for the Diego Karo match.....clearly Diego won!

and pete and scott were friends and they fought with no problems and it was an awsome fight. so whats with other fighters not wanting to fight friends

They became friends on the show, I think that's a lot diffferent from being long time friends, temamtes, and trainiing partners. It would split a camp if people planned to fight eachother from the same team IMO.

i stand corrected, but what happens when your friend is the champ and you become the #1 contender? do you back down or does he look like hes ducking

Post #18   2/17/07 2:58:09AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hathcock32

i stand corrected, but what happens when your friend is the champ and you become the #1 contender? do you back down or does he look like hes ducking

welcome to the life of CHUTE BOX

Post #19   2/17/07 2:59:21AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hathcock32

welcome to the life of CHUTE BOX

sory, im tired and slow. explain

Post #20   2/17/07 3:00:23AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Shogun and wandy are both Chute Box. As for what do ou do when your buddy's champ, if it were me I would change, weights, Orgs, or just be like Shogun and be great. Belt's don't make you great IMO. Sakuraba never held a pride belt , and he is one of the greatest ever to me. They are nice to have though

Last edited 2/17/07 3:30AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #21   2/17/07 3:01:50AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Big Nog/Barnett 2

Post #22   2/17/07 2:38:40PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

On a side note, who here felt that Karo should have won the decision over Diego?

Well I thought it was tied. I thought Karo won the first two rounds(though I can understand why some would pick Diego for the 1st rd.), and i though Diego got a 10-8 round in the 3rd round. Making the score 28-28. I was so pissed when the one judge scored the fight 30-26...

Post #23   2/17/07 6:57:35PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
I think Diego won 29-28 . Great fight from both guys though, I was really bummed when Karo didn't get matched up with Hughes on the next PPV

The Iron Code

Post #24   2/17/07 8:03:32PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i liked josh vs little brother emil

Post #25   2/18/07 12:31:18PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
Matt Hughes vs BJ Penn was an awesome fight, and so was Karo vs Diego (and it was free ). Crocop vs Silva also deserves an honourable mention, as well as Melendez vs Kawajiri.

2006 was an excellent year for MMA!

Post #26   2/18/07 1:00:06PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
A lot of good fights there. 6 awesome fights you've chosen.

I went with Diego - Karo. That was insane.

btw. Richieb19 do you have a website or something where I can find work from you that I havn't seen?

Post #27   2/18/07 6:31:16PM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:
Karo and Diego was amazing, it showed alot of people what a good Judo game can do in MMA.

Big Nog vs Barnett was amazing... those two are just made to fight each other, cant wait for the rubber match...

Post #28   2/19/07 4:03:50PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i cant seem to find the karo diego fight anywhere on the interwebs.. i want to re-watch it to see if karo won a round or two

Post #29   2/19/07 4:07:27PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2