Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: Kimbo Would Get "Hurt Bad" In UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Today was Dana White's turn to fire another salvo at a rival promotion, this time EliteXC. The comments were made with regards to what he thought were KeviN "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson's chances in UFC.

Article

Post #1   2/5/08 2:29:16PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Bring him to the UFC and have him and Lesnar go at it......I think that would be very entertaining.......I am suprised that Dana hasnt tried to get Kimbo just because he is populare and will fill the seats, but Dana is always bagging on any fighter that doesnt fight for him......

Post #2   2/5/08 2:38:45PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
I got no love for Kimbo, his fight vs Tank Abbot.. well that will only be a surprise if Tank actually wins for once... as for his first fight.. well i don't know what the hell that was, Kimbo barely knicks that guy with one punch and he is on the ground taping out... im going to go with fixed.. or rigged what ever you prefer
As for his chances in the UFC i would say it would enjoyable to see him and Lesnar go at it, but i don't see Kimbo doing very well here. Maybe in the future when he is more of an mma fighter and less of a hobo

BAM! hit it banana!

Post #3   2/5/08 3:13:53PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
I didn't read the full article but I agree. The guys that Kimbo beat have no credentials as fighers and the fights took place in some dude's backyard. Kimbo is just a tough brawler which can only go so far in MMA. If he continues to train with Bas and get's experience he could become a threat but right now he would get tossed worse than David Heath.

Post #4   2/5/08 3:40:59PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
All fighter that are not in the UFC are worthless/flukes/crap for Dana. Little crybaby businessman.

Last edited 2/5/08 6:10PM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   2/5/08 3:46:24PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

All fighter that is not in the UFC are worthless/flukes/crap for Dana. Little crybaby businessman.

Since that's how you feel, then feel free to state your case for Kimbo. Tell us all about his skills.

Post #6   2/5/08 3:48:50PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

All fighter that is not in the UFC are worthless/flukes/crap for Dana. Little crybaby businessman.

so your saying that dana should promote other mma fighters that are in orgs competing against his?? i dont really like him bashing some of the good proven fighters (fedor,barnett, hell even tito) but why would he say that other orgs have better guys then he does? he is atop the mma world. that would be stupid businessman but not crybaby businessman. if they keep around guys like big c robinson then i think he would take that guy. hardonk would be an exciting fight for kimbo. but he is still raw for mma and looks behind lesnar imo

Last edited 2/5/08 4:46PM server time by gabe531
2 total post edits

Post #7   2/5/08 4:28:53PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
hopefully this is not news to anyone that Kimbo has not proved anything and would be submittal even quicker than Houston Alexander

Post #8   2/5/08 4:52:04PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,632-1,680
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dont really care too much about Kimbo, but I do love a good KO...so I say they keep him where he is so that he can continue to destroy the cans. I think he would get owned in the UFC as soon as he stepped up to the elite fighters in his div!!

Post #9   2/5/08 4:53:13PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Kimbo probably would get killed in the UFC,but Kimbo is a guy with a 1-0 record.Why is Dana even talking about him and adding fuel to the fire?
That gives Kimbo a lot of recognition if the president of the number one MMA promotion is even saying his name.It will look worse if Kimbo ever beats any former UFC fighters over in elite XC.

The link just provided the quote,so i'm betting someone just shot the question at him and he gave his honest opinon.Or at least I hope so.

Post #10   2/5/08 6:18:44PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,021-1,032
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Kimbo probably would get killed in the UFC,but Kimbo is a guy with a 1-0 record.Why is Dana even talking about him and adding fuel to the fire?
That gives Kimbo a lot of recognition if the president of the number one MMA promotion is even saying his name.It will look worse if Kimbo ever beats any former UFC fighters over in elite XC.

The link just provided the quote,so i'm betting someone just shot the question at him and he gave his honest opinon.Or at least I hope so.

Well, Dana was answering to a reporter man, and we know now that the president of Elite/xc is saying that his fighters and Kimbo can beat any fighters in the UFC !! lol

The reporter probably asked him to comment on that and he told what we all know that Kimbo will get kill in the UFC !!

I think Sanchez and Harnonk can beat him badly !! so just imagine the others who are top ten !!

Last edited 2/5/08 7:05PM server time by tuvok500

Post #11   2/5/08 7:05:20PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,990-1,064
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hes probley trying 2 bait kimbo into steping up 2 ufc style comptetion so when he does he fails horribly ... and once again ufc is the best org in the world

Post #12   2/5/08 8:54:25PM   

cloppio

treadin troden trails

cloppio Avatar

Career:506-363
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by mrsmiley

Well, Dana was answering to a reporter man, and we know now that the president of Elite/xc is saying that his fighters and Kimbo can beat any fighters in the UFC !! lol

The reporter probably asked him to comment on that and he told what we all know that Kimbo will get kill in the UFC !!

I think Sanchez and Harnonk can beat him badly !! so just imagine the others who are top ten !!

true i bet you'll never hear dana bring him up. it's always in respone to a interviewer. i'd get pissed too if i was running the number one org in the game and i was constantly asked about a unproven internet fad. trust me. if kimbo puts some wins together against some quality fighters. he'll get dana's eye. untill then. he belongs in the lower tier orgs. imo

Post #13   2/6/08 6:31:42AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
"Hurt Bad"

Geez i thought nobody got hurt bad in the UFC, what about the commissions and referees, wouldnt they stop the fight if he got beat but before he got hurt bad?

Im seriously getting bored of Dana making these comments, is he really that scared of Pro Elite taking business of him?

Post #14   2/6/08 7:24:39AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by cloppio

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by mrsmiley

true i bet you'll never hear dana bring him up. it's always in respone to a interviewer. i'd get pissed too if i was running the number one org in the game and i was constantly asked about a unproven internet fad. trust me. if kimbo puts some wins together against some quality fighters. he'll get dana's eye. untill then. he belongs in the lower tier orgs. imo

I agree.But then when I was reading an issue of Ultimate grappling Dana brought him up fighting Quinton Jackson.He said it as a joke,but still.

Post #15   2/6/08 2:51:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2